Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
I like your new code for reading more status data :)

As before we still have 0Gbps, thunderbolt device don't work but Link status seem to be good.

Have you experienced 20s disconnection without self-reboot ?
Does the classical error 0xe00002eb appears after one minute ?
Could you try a tbpatch dump after one minute on desktop ?

About adding _DSM, that's a RP05 property as defined on rMac DSDT. Nothing more, I don't know if it is required for speed link.
It took a lot of time today just to get to that point! So tomorrow I'll check 20s disconnection, classic error, and tbpatch. I may have to change P2TR back to 0x05.

@CaseySJ Finally I got it to work as you said. I needed to allow MSR02 to be able to reboot on the Mac OS Catalina SSD. When I Shut down the computer I tried to Start again the computer to see how it was working.

But now the computer starts one second then immediately shut down. The motherboard stays illuminated as it was in sleep mode. Each time I press Start again it shut down immediately. Doesn't seem to be an Hardware problem (everything is Brandnew).
Does it make you think of something special causing this ? Most of the time I can overpass this Switching PSU off then waiting 5 minute, then Turning on the Computer, which does make me think its not an Hardware Issue.
"Boot Failure which can be due to invalid Bios settings".
All bios settings are done as you advise.

This is my config :
- Designare Z390 - F8 BIOS
- Sabrent NVME 1TB- 2280 (Windows)
- 970 Pro Samsung - 1TB - Catalina
- I9900K
- Saphire Nitro Radeon RTX5700 8GB
- FenVi T919
-RX750 Corsair PSU
- 64GB Corsair Ballistix-3000mHZ-Cas 15

1) Could you link me some amazon 1 TO cheap SSD 2.5 for saving the BackUp ? A cheap SSD External Housing ?
2) I Haven't Put any Thermal paste on the CPU (I'm Using Corsair Hydro H100x) : on the instructions its written that its not needed because there is some included in the Water-cooling.

Thank you
Bobby,

It may be necessary to either (a) perform CMOS reset or (b) re-flash the BIOS. MSR 0xE2 will be locked again if you re-flash the BIOS, and it may or may not be relocked after CMOS reset. But all BIOS parameters must be set again.

We must be very careful with unlocking MSR 0xE2. The command is setup_var_3 0x5c1 0x00

I've asked @NorthAmTransAm and @scottkendall to post their most current modified firmware for GC-Alpine Ridge. Once that's done, I'll add a reference to it from Post #1.

UPDATE:
  • I decided to try and patch your NVM 20 for GC-Alpine Ridge.
  • Attached ZIP has 2 versions.
  • Please see which one works (if any).
  • No guarantee that either file will work, so please be prepared to flash original firmware back to the chip.

Hi again CaseySJ!
Report: GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM20-Mod-1.bin it works. I use the provided SSDTs, but I haven't port 5 (see attach)
GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM20-Mod-2.bin doesn't work. Can't see thunderbolt even in bios.
Please tell me how can I make port 5 to work. Thank you!
Captură de ecran din 2020-03-20 la 03.54.12.png
Captură de ecran din 2020-03-20 la 03.55.10.png

Hi again CaseySJ!
Report: GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM20-Mod-1.bin it works. I use the provided SSDTs, but I haven't port 5 (see attach)
GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM20-Mod-2.bin doesn't work. Can't see thunderbolt even in bios.
Please tell me how can I make port 5 to work. Thank you!
View attachment 455624
View attachment 455625

Check out this post! Good job btw!

Thanx man! But I don't know how to open the firmware. Please give me a hint!

You don't need to.

We're editing the Thunderbolt Rom section of the SSDT. Copy that section to your notes and refer to this chart :)

Should iMessageDebugV2 report a valid ROM and BoardSerialNumber? I followed the guide with a Designare Xtreme and Mojave 10.14.6, using iMac 19,1 and I get "failed" for both of these. Any suggestions of what to check? Do other folks using an iMac 19,1 get valid ROM and BoardSerialNumber values from iMessageDebugV2?

@CaseySJ Every time I blink this page gains 5 pages... you mentioned if you have two TB buses and you specify that as such in the DROM you need to do so in the config also... I can not find that post that states what exactly to alter in the config part. Found it!

You don't need to.

We're editing the Thunderbolt Rom section of the SSDT. Copy that section to your notes and refer to this chart :)

Man, I'm a totally noob on this. But what I seen it's port 5 enabled. Where its my mistake?Captură de ecran din 2020-03-20 la 05.13.39.png

Back