Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@Elias64Fr It's some amazing work you're doing here, many thanks! Do you think your seven byte magic is likely to work on built-in Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt? Attached is the active partition from the original firmware and that from the latest Apple Alpine ridge binary for comparison, I like your approach as it seems logical with minimal changes. If you could take a quick peek it would be much appreciated...
@dgsga
Thanks ! Sure the Magic Seven bytes :angel:

Not yet tested but you can do that if you have an external programmer and make a safety dump before :) Is that the case ? which motherboard you need to patch ?

Ok I can try in clover maybe it will work better since Opencore is Alpha and all... How would I do it in clover?
Like I said :)
I should for now use SSDT only for this property as long as I not found how to set to One (asNumber instead of Data) this property.

@fpazcas
or use tbpatch like defined by @CaseySJ BUT ONLY if you have full thunderbolt tree and don't have 0xE00002EB error that appear around 20s after boot (desktop view)

Let me know, which board should you want to patch (Add-on board ? On board ? which one ?) ?
I'm not sure if this is the thunderbolt tree you are referring to.

the error you mentioned, can you tell me how to detect it?

it is for X99A-II, add on board. thanks in advance !!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-03-16 a las 9.59.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-16 a las 9.59.11.png
    443.3 KB · Views: 62
I'm not sure if this is the thunderbolt tree you are referring to.

the error you mentioned, can you tell me how to detect it?

it is for X99A-II, add on board. thanks in advance !!
You don't have the full thunderbolt tree, this patching method won't work.

X99A-II is a motherboard with no included thunderbolt (but header :) ), which thunderbolt add-on board ?

Like I said :)

Lets try a different way...

I am a moron when it comes to code I have no idea anything outside of following directions. I do not understand what you said so. Can you provide me a file or directions on how to do what you are doing thanks.

@dgsga
Thanks ! Sure the Magic Seven bytes :angel:

Not yet tested but you can do that if you have an external programmer and make a safety dump before :) Is that the case ? which motherboard you need to patch ?
@Elias64Fr I have a safety backup dump and an external programmer as I've been modding bioses to show hidden options for quite a while...;) The motherboard is the Hades Canyon that Osy86 had his first great success with but there are some problems with hot plug and I'm wondering if your approach might solve these. Would the seven bytes be at the same offsets as on the Titan Ridge? My knowledge of binary code is very limited indeed

Last edited:
@CaseySJ--it looks like scottkendall and northamtransam have the firmware for the GC-Alpine Ridge card pretty much nailed, so I'm ready to buy one (I have a TB1 HD dock and am I correct in thinking that I have a better chance of a TB1 device working with the Alpine rather than the Titan?)

in any case, I have a RPi 2B. the GPIO pinout is the same as the 3B (https://www.raspberry-pi-geek.com/howto/GPIO-Pinout-Rasp-Pi-1-Model-B-Rasp-Pi-2-Model-B). will the 2B work for flashing? thanks again for all you are doing, as well to Elias64fr and all the others who have helped with the TB project.
Yes on both counts. :)
  • GC-Alpine Ridge has a better chance to work with legacy Thunderbolt devices.
  • Raspberry Pi 2B should work.

@Elias64Fr I have a safety backup dump and an external programmer as I've been modding bioses to show hidden options for quite a while...;) The motherboard is the Hades Canyon that Osy86 had his first great success with but there are some problems with hot plug and I'm wondering if your approach might solve these.
Ok I understand.. but you have to know that for now it won't work on Windows.

Lets try a different way...

I am a moron when it comes to code I have no idea anything outside of following directions. I do not understand what you said so. Can you provide me a file or directions on how to do what you are doing thanks.
@scottkendall
You can use this SSDT and configure like described on screenshot. On these 2 way, you have to replace by your RPxx connected to the thunderbolt device :)
Capture d’écran 2020-03-16 à 20.23.08.png

Attachments

• SSDT-TBT.aml
    553 bytes · Views: 109
Back