Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

the SystemConfiguration folder is in /Library/Preferences not /Library/Extensions
Thank you -- a force of habit error! Original post fixed.

Minimum for ten years, got 100 of them in total. :D

Didn't tried it yet, have to do some work first but will try tonight further.

Do you have an example SSDT for it? @Elias64Fr
Sure !
Here a simple SSDT that enable Force Power at PINI method.

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-Designare-PWR.aml
    122 bytes · Views: 149
@augustopaulo
You could try this patched one :)
ITS ALiVE!!!!!:clap::headbang::thumbup::beachball:

Flashing the onboard TB3 firmware worked!

Just booted into my MacPro partition and connected my MBP to 1st TB3 port and voilá TB3 networking for the very 1st time ever in my hackinstoshes thought the years... Really, really happy

Also connected to 2nd TB3 a USB-C multiple adapter (network, USB, HDMI) and it bloody works!!!

All this without the special SSDT yet, as I have a DSDT.aml done by M@ld0n a few months back specifically for this system.

My ISP is down, no access to internet from home and typing this from my iPhone...

Will now do tests with iMac19.1 and special SSDT!

Attachments

• BFFDA769-5902-46D5-8063-4B80D5D9D880.png
    BFFDA769-5902-46D5-8063-4B80D5D9D880.png
    800 KB · Views: 182
  • 43F00BF0-D303-49BC-88FF-6D9C476AA38C.png
    43F00BF0-D303-49BC-88FF-6D9C476AA38C.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 177
  • FBA62C99-08EB-40EE-95C6-A8C732683ADA.png
    FBA62C99-08EB-40EE-95C6-A8C732683ADA.png
    435 KB · Views: 174
  • E0B25525-FCFA-4EAC-A58C-DCA7EE9869AB.png
    E0B25525-FCFA-4EAC-A58C-DCA7EE9869AB.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 172

Just booted into my MacPro partition and connected my MBP to 1st TB3 port and voilá TB3 networking for the very 1st time ever in my hackinstoshes thought the years... Really, really happy

Also connected to 2nd TB3 a USB-C multiple adapter (network, USB, HDMI) and it bloody works!!!

All this without the special SSDT yet, as I have a DSDT.aml done by M@ld0n a few months back specifically for this system.

My ISP is down, no access to internet from home and typing this from my iPhone...

Congratulations!! You're the first to do this on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme.

So Thunderbolt Bridge is working? I think this is the first confirmation we've seen of this!!

Congratulations!! You're the first to do this on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme.

So Thunderbolt Bridge is working? I think this is the first confirmation we've seen of this!!
Thanks!:p
Yes, I believe so, since my MBP does respond back to PING requests made from my Z390 Xtreme via the TB2>TB3 cable adapter. :)
Both MBP & Z390 Xtreme get assigned APIPA IP addresses...

what a nice time for hackintoshing!

Thanks for that, just tried deleting this too and restarting. Issue persists. :/ Maybe by now I've blacklisted my accounts?
do you have values entered in both ROM and MLB in config.plist/RTVariables?

Congratulation @augustopaulo
Same result here .. I have a self assigned IP and yellow text to be ready to connect.. but when I tried to connect by "Connect to Server" and by indicating other hack IP (probably this is my problem, its my Asus laptop unfortunately not patched yet) .. It can't connect :)

I can see on your ThunderboltDROM, you have on port 7 > 0x03 87 80 instead of native FW at 0x02 C7 .. Does the tick is here ?

0x03 is length of data; 8 mean that port is active, 7 is the port number .. and 0x80 is .. we can't always know :)

Question : Where are you extract your ThunderboltDROM property ? Maybe created one valid :thumbup:?

Capture d’écran 2020-03-16 à 16.08.51.png

Last edited:
Thanks for that, just tried deleting this too and restarting. Issue persists. :/ Maybe by now I've blacklisted my accounts?
do you have values entered in both ROM and MLB in config.plist/RTVariables?
When all else fails, it's a good idea to perform a fresh installation on a spare SSD. Use Clover instead of OpenCore for easier debugging. In OpenCore we have to be careful with several settings, including "DisableVariableWrite=False" or whatever it's being called now. So recommendation is to get everything working with Clover, then configure OpenCore.

Reactions: z4k
Back