Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

My tests on X99A-II only tb header connected.

I try nvm43 & nvm23 elias mod firmware and SSDT modified for my pci configuration with the same results:

* Drivers not installed in any of the tests.

* Pin 3 & 5 jumper force power is working but thunderbolt options on my motherboard disappear and nothing works usb-c, thunderbolt ...

* No pin 3 & 5 jumper, GPIO force power enabled in thunderbolt motherboard options and the same thunderbolt options as the kpg guide.
You need device powered on before startup. Usb-c working, thunderbolt 2 is not working.

I'm missing something?

EDIT: The firmware update tool in win10 for GC-Titan Ridge ends fine, asks to restart the operation but does not modify firmware.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-03-16 a las 9.54.24.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-16 a las 9.54.24.png
    551 KB · Views: 126
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-03-16 a las 9.59.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-16 a las 9.59.11.png
    443.3 KB · Views: 129
  • SSDT-TBOLT3-X99-BR2A-GC-TITAN-RIDGE.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
@CaseySJ
Hey Casey,
Is it possible to daisy chain displays with the Designare Z390 thunderbolt port or do I need to flash the apple firmware? I have two 32UL350W that work flawlessly with MacBook Pro. but when it comes to my hack one monitor works on thunderbolt but the other needs to be on DP or HDMI. btw I have a 9900KF and a Radeon VII

Success in reading my Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme onboard TB3 chip!!:headbang:

Only worked with my RPi 4B by following your ** Mini-Guide for Flashing SPI ROM Chips using Raspberry Pi 3B and 4 **, no lights come on on the motherboard while connecting or reading.

The checksum was the same on all 3 reading attempts:
View attachment 454871

My "wiring" setup:
View attachment 454870

And finally, please find my onboard TB3 EEPROM for your to please change the "magic" 7 bytes on it and then send it back for me to write it back!! :mrgreen:
@augustopaulo
You could try this patched one :)

Attachments

• Z390-Aorus-Xtreme-ThunderboltFirmwarev33Patched.bin.zip
    268.7 KB · Views: 139
My tests on X99A-II only tb header connected.

I try nvm43 & nvm23 elias mod firmware and SSDT modified for my pci configuration with the same results:

* Drivers not installed in any of the tests.

* Pin 3 & 5 jumper force power is working but thunderbolt options on my motherboard disappear and nothing works usb-c, thunderbolt ...

* No pin 3 & 5 jumper, GPIO force power enabled in thunderbolt motherboard options and the same thunderbolt options as the kpg guide.
You need device powered on before startup. Usb-c working, thunderbolt 2 is not working.

I'm missing something?
@fpazcas

Could you try shutting down, unplug power cable (or switch off power supply), wait 2 minutes and reboot ?

Your Asus board is probably not compatible (TB_HEADER) with Gigabyte GC-Titan-Ridge. Have you tried before patched version flashing ? Which behaviour had you with the original firmware on Windows ?

@fpazcas

Could you try shutting down, unplug power cable (or switch off power supply), wait 2 minutes and reboot ?

Your Asus board is probably not compatible (TB_HEADER) with Gigabyte GC-Titan-Ridge. Have you tried before patched version flashing ? Which behaviour had you with the original firmware on Windows ?

Thanks for reply:

I have tried all the possibilities that you mentioned above, same results.

With TB_HEADER disconnected, my motherboad does not recognize thunderbolt properties.

I just checked that the windows tool for the firmware completes the update operation but it is not working ...

Always working well on windows...

@S1lla @CaseySJ

Here is the patched NVM43 to be tested :) .. no secret
Hello @CaseySJ

Version43 is different from V23 on full firmware arrangement.
V43 have twice Thunderbolt firmware and one twice TI PD. So patch should be done one 2 sections :)
@ 0x4000 offset and @ 82000 offset

Last edited:
Thanks for reply:

I have tried all the possibilities that you mentioned above, same results.

With TB_HEADER disconnected, my motherboad does not recognize thunderbolt properties.

I just checked that the windows tool for the firmware completes the update operation but it is not working ...

@fpazcas

Do you mean that patched firmware has been flashed on Windows with result Success by using Intel Tbt Flash tool ?

Do you mean that 2 versions (original and patched) work well on Windows (Thunderbolt device detection, Hotplug and USB-C devices) ?

Hello @CaseySJ

Version43 is different from V23 on full firmware arrangement.
V43 have twice Thunderbolt firmware and TI PD. So patch should be done one 2 sections :)
@ 0x4000 offset and @ 82000 offset
Bonjour Elias,

Does this mean NVM 43 has primary firmware and backup firmware? The active partition is still at offset 0x4000?

Hello , i have some issues with Radeon VII on z390 designare in catalina , it seems only one DP is working , i have followed the mini guide but still nothing , have lilu and whatever green installed too . Thank you for your help .
There are many Radeon VII owners here. If your Radeon VII is working with multiple monitors, can you help with this question?

Last edited:
Back