Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
Weird app lockups continue after the update to Catalina. Now I have The Desktop & Screensaver Preferences Pane hanging. Not really sure why.

I've read online that logging in with a guest account and accessing it would solve, but now I figured out I can no longer login as guest. It spins, then monitor shows no signal. Tapping the keyboard woke the screen, but it was still just spinning...

One thing that I thought strange during the process was updating clover itself. I updated it through Clover Configurator, and on the installer, I tried to select all drivers that were already on my drivers64UEFI folder. I had 8, and the installer (among other that I unchecked) only offered 6, so I selected those and proceeded.

Now comparing the current EFI folder, I see that some drivers were moved to drivers/UEFI and some were left on the original drivers64UEFI folder. Names changed as well

View attachment 454374

Is this expected? Would it cause issues? How can I fix this?
You must delete the old drivers64UEFI folder and empty the trash. Let's see what happens after that.

How can we support such effort?
We'll issue a call for volunteers who are willing to beta test the firmware patch. This should happen soon. Testers will need to have at least one real Thunderbolt 3 device (not USB-C or Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1) and the discipline to carry out a brief test plan.

Hello CaseySJ, my build was working but i have replace my ram memory as it have failed and my computer reboot on start. But now it start and working great but don't want to restart or shut down. I have to force it. I also remark that there is nvram.plist in my efi folder that (i think) was not there before my ram memory swap. Can you tell me if you have any idea how to fix that? Thanks

@CaseySJ everything works except for hot plugging but my major concern is this my RX 580 is plugged in the TITAN RIDGE cause I wanna use one of the usb-c(thunderbolt) port to drive one of my 5k monitor am wondering how mine doesn't show up in system report or on upper tool bar(Disconnect AMD Radeon RX 580) just like yours did in the screen shots.What do I have to do to make it like that please and thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.46 AM.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 11.54.35 AM.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 112
really like that look

Hello CaseySJ, my build was working but i have replace my ram memory as it have failed and my computer reboot on start. But now it start and working great but don't want to restart or shut down. I have to force it. I also remark that there is nvram.plist in my efi folder that (i think) was not there before my ram memory swap. Can you tell me if you have any idea how to fix that? Thanks
The nvram.plist file is okay. It means you have EmuVariableUefi.efi and Clover rc scripts. These provide emulated NVRAM support but they are not needed when native NVRAM is enabled. Native NVRAM procedure is described in Post #1.

What happens when you select Restart or Shutdown?

@CaseySJ everything works except for hot plugging but my major concern is this my RX 580 is plugged in the TITAN RIDGE cause I wanna use one of the usb-c(thunderbolt) port to drive one of my 5k monitor am wondering how mine doesn't show up in system report or on upper tool bar(Disconnect AMD Radeon RX 580) just like yours did in the screen shots.What do I have to do to make it like that please and thanks
Because you have a Gigabyte Z370 board that has a Thunderbolt header, I would recommend:
  • Connect Thunderbolt header to motherboard.
  • In BIOS, enable Thunderbolt.
  • In BIOS, if there is a Thunderbolt Security option, set it to No Security.
  • In BIOS, if there is a Thunderbolt GPIO3 Force Power option, set it to Enabled.
  • Feel free to post BIOS screenshots (insert FAT32 flash disk and press F12 to capture screenshot).
  • In BIOS, disable CSM Support.
  • In BIOS, enable Above 4G Decoding.

The nvram.plist file is okay. It means you have EmuVariableUefi.efi and Clover rc scripts. These provide emulated NVRAM support but they are not needed when native NVRAM is enabled. Native NVRAM procedure is described in Post #1.

What happens when you select Restart or Shutdown?
Thanks for that. When i restart or shut down, it show my wallpaper and stop there. Nothing Happen and i have to force restart.

@CaseySJ all those recommendations were implemented ever since this built except disable CSM support I always notice if and when I disable CSM Support I cannot boot at all.I have been following your thread on this built from day one so I have learn a lot from your magnificent guide

Last edited:
Back