Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please try @byteminer's latest script from the link below. This is a much improved version and works just fine under Catalina. I plan to delete EFIClone-v4.sh from the two Bootable Back mini-guides and instead provide links to @byteminer's GitHub repository.

Hello @CaseySJ, I downloaded the script made by @byteminer but it doesn't work, i think I don't do right things; I put the new script in "run a shell" and clone my ssd. After the operation being completed, I run the terminal with
"cd /System/Volumes/Data/Users/Shared
tail -f EFIClone.log"
But I have a bad result (the EFI file is in my downloads). I put the screenshot in attached files... In his little tutorial byteminer explains that we must write LOG_FILE="/Users/Shared/EFIClone.log I don't understand where and when during the operation. Does it replace your path ? Thanks a lot

I think this might just be a crappy disk. I connected it with it's original cable to an USB-A 3.0 port on my hackintosh, and still the same speeds.

This is a WD Passport Ultra 2TB

@CaseySJ
Tried it on a Windows laptop, and still same speeds, so I don't think speed is a good parameter here.
What I noticed is that under windows, if I plug it to a usb2 port it complains. "This device could be faster"

@CaseySJ here I attached my modified DSDT and original. I don't really use clover to boot but opencore
I will try this SSDT and report back
Thanks cheers

Attachments

• modified DSDT.aml
    94.6 KB · Views: 110
  • original DSDT.aml
    179.4 KB · Views: 112
@CaseySJ this is what am getting with SSDT I got from you very similar to what I was getting before.
Hot plug definitely don't work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 8.00.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 8.00.19 PM.png
    27 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 7.57.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 7.57.46 PM.png
    70 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 7.56.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 7.56.44 PM.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 7.55.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 7.55.07 PM.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 128
Hi guys. I'm trying to follow this guide and I stumbled upon one issue. I don't have an external monitor, but I have a TV, which I've used just now to setup BIOS. Here's what it says in the guide:
My question is, what's going to happen if I use TV display to install hackintosh? I'm using an external GPU.

Hi guys. I'm trying to follow this guide and I stumbled upon one issue. I don't have an external monitor, but I have a TV, which I've used just now to setup BIOS. Here's what it says in the guide:
My question is, what's going to happen if I use TV display to install hackintosh? I'm using an external GPU.
some TV's don't function well as computer monitors. you have nothing to lose to try it, though. I have used a couple of TV's successfully as monitors.
the other alternative is to check you local goodwill stores for monitors. the ones around here usually have a few for sale and they are normally $10-15.

Not sure about the external gpu part, but I use an LG 55” 4K TV as my display. Used it with my PowerColor RX 580 and now with my 5700XT and works fine with HDMI and DP to HDMI. Did a clean install of Catalina with it too, just needed Lilu and WEG on the installer in the kexts folder. Only caveat is that you have to turn off the High Color setting (I think it's called that). After turning that off, it works perfectly with the system.

Hi @CaseySJ

After many tries and reboot without significant change on 20s disconnecting time after thunderbolt devices detection, I decided to work on Designare firmware :headbang: .. and what do you think about this

Capture d’écran 2020-03-13 à 13.21.42.png
Capture d’écran 2020-03-13 à 13.38.16.png

Now I can boot whithout ICMS and CNHI for pre-configuring ICM part, RP05, UPSB and others sub-devices .. I have always full thunderbolt tree.. No 20s device disconnecting ! ... but still have to solve XHC2 not appear without USBC device connected at boot :headbang: .. I see that another guy work also on it ..

Thunderbolt adventure go on ! ;)

Last edited:
Thankyou for this.

I am running everything great, my NVidia GPU is disabled and it's all running on the Intel UHD 630.

I only have one issue and I wonder if this is resolvable or not...

I am running a HDMI 4K monitor connected to the motherboard. It works fine if the monitor is set at HDMI 1.4, it will not work when it is set at HDMI 2.0 (blank screen). Can I get HDMI 2.0 working or is this impossible?

BTW the cable is fine for this.

Appreciated..

Attachments

• config.plist
    13 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Back