Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Regarding the video weirdness:
  • What are the makes/models of the two monitors?
  • If the same monitors worked normally under Mojave, has anything changed in the frame buffer settings located here:
    • Clover Configurator --> Devices --> Properties --> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

The monitors are an HP ZR22w connected using USB-C to DP cable and a cheap AOC g2260Vwq6 connected via HDMI. Both were working with no problems in Mojave.

Under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) I have the settings from the guide under "Spoiler: Inject Audio Layout 16 and Enable On-Board HDMI Port"

I've tried -raddvi and it changes nothing (I can therefore suspect that either shikigva=60 or lack of DropTables MATS was causing the kernel panics I had earlier?)

Still haven't managed to get to the bottom of it - everything works great with just the HP monitor plugged in but I'm now unable to make anything work with the HDMI port from the UHD 630. Hot-plugging the HDMI makes strange things happen - sometimes flickering (black lines) other times I loose both monitors or sometimes the HP/USB-C monitor just stays working and nothing on the HDMI...

@edunon I've made a slight tweak to the debug version of this script. Please run this as before and upload the log file as well as the terminal output for the two commands. I think I may be on the trails of the bug, so we're definitely getting closer.

Attachments

• EFIClone-v5-DEBUG.sh.zip
    3 KB · Views: 63
Hi @CaseySJ , sorry for troubling you again, the SSDT for disabling my Nvidia gpu in slot one doesn’t seem to work or maybe it won’t get applied in boot, any idea how I may fix this, also which gpu do you recommend me buying? Should I get a 5700xt or maybe an Rx590 would do just fine?

Hi @CaseySJ , sorry for troubling you again, the SSDT for disabling my Nvidia gpu in slot one doesn’t seem to work or maybe it won’t get applied in boot, any idea how I may fix this, also which gpu do you recommend me buying? Should I get a 5700xt or maybe an Rx590 would do just fine?
Hello @Diegoortiz2000,

To troubleshoot the Nvidia issue, please run IORegistryExplorer, select File --> Save As..., and upload the saved file. (Ensure that the SSDT to disable Slot 1 GPU is installed before running IORegistryExplorer.)

Regarding RX 5700 XT versus RX 590, the answer depends on the software you expect to use. If you're a video editor or a graphics artist, then the 5700 XT is the better choice. But for most other use cases, the RX 590 is an extremely capable card.

WOW!!! This is brilliant...

Will incorporate all of these changes this evening and try the following devices:
  1. Apple Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet with Apple TB3-to-TB2 adapter
  2. PowerColor Gaming Station X eGPU with Radeon RX 580 installed inside
  3. Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro
Last night only item 1 generated a device tree under DSB1/DSB4.

Regarding TBID, I'll add this: Name (TBID, 0x04).
Regarding LPMN (in UPSB.PCED), where is this defined?
Thanks @CaseySJ !

About TBID, it can be used for SSDT to be auto detect thunderbolt device and use related CRMW datas, It doesn't matter for the moment. For answer of your question, TBID is initialized to zero and take value depending on PID/VID of UPSB on UPCK method.

You should have LPMN on your current PCED UPSB only if MacPro7,1 SSDT content is used .. it is little more coded in case of non UPSB booting, It count multiple trying then make a reset of UPSB for secure boot. It does matter for the moment, we can stay on iMac19,1 SSDT code.

@Elias64Fr,

After making all of the changes listed in your last post (except for LPMN) I see the following behavior:
  • TNODE/TBUS appear every time from a cold boot as long as a Thunderbolt device is connected.
  • However, whether I connect the Thunderbolt device to Port 1 or Port 2, it always seems to attach to DSB1, but never to DSB4.
  • The simple Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter connects to ThunderboltPort@3 and the full device tree appears in IOReg.
  • However, more complicated devices such as the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro will connect, but then disconnect after less than 20 seconds -- this is the same behavior you reported with your eGPU.

Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro attaches (left) and then detaches after a few seconds (right).
View attachment 452029View attachment 452030

When Thunderbolt Dock is connected to Port 2, it still seems to attach (incomplete device tree) to DSB1 (nothing on DSB4).
View attachment 452032

Even the PowerColor Gaming Station eGPU turned on and I could see the second screen -- for about 10 seconds!! Then it deactivated.
View attachment 452034

Here's an example of a Thunderbolt device connected to Receptacle 2, but attached to DSB1 instead of DSB4:
View attachment 452067
@CaseySJ

I have same issue on my build and I still work on it.

During testing and trying with a valid ThunderboltDROM, I can confirm that it allows to show hidden informations on Port 7 Host Adapter and It also display native name !

Capture d’écran 2020-02-28 à 13.30.59.png

Capture d’écran 2020-02-28 à 13.36.42.png

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-02-28 à 13.36.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-02-28 à 13.36.42.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 91
Hello Casey,

Thank you so much for your help.
I have carefully followed all your instructions of this reply and the other reply related to /other and L/E but I still have this Kernel extensions in backtrace issue related to Weg+ Lilu IOPCIFamilly...

So here's the steps I've tried with no luck, using kextutil when needed and reboot after each step:
1. removed Lilu + weg from L/E and let it just in CLOVER/kexts/Other
2. removed Lilu + weg from CLOVER/kexts/Other and let it just in L/E
3. read on the forums about IOPCIFamilly and found that I have FakePCIID 1.3.15 with FakePciintelgbx 1.3.14 installed so I've updated it to 1.3.15 cause it make sense...
4. Upgraded clover form 5098 to 5104
5. Downgrade WEG 1.3.6 + Lilu 1.4.1 to the working one weg 1.2.9 + lilu 1.3.6, so now the mac boot but it takes a very long time and leave me with a black screen at the end
6. Revert my L/E folder + kexts/Other but it not worked

I must say I did not touch the S/L/E but it contains recent files and especially IOPCIFamilly, please check the screen shot, maybe I should exceptionally touch something in there to fix my issue !?

For now I revert back EFI on clover 5098 like it was yesterday. Except that I just keep the new EFI folder structure fixing you suggested me here and now it works better it fixed the issue I've had since this clover update with my TM external usb 3.0 drive, spotlight search and apple preview... That's great and the mac run very smoothly and fast...

However I still have my main issue.
I've made this build in august to work better with studio one which is my main app.
It seems that this app needs SIP enabled to work correctly, cause I have many bugs and now the support can't help me because they figure out I'm on hackintosh...

Thanks to your fixing I can boot with SIP enabled but now S1 crash at startup... So I guess I'll have to disable SIP again...

thanks
I use StudioOne 4 all the time with SIP disabled,no problems with that.

Been a while, but I just wanted to update the status of my random crashes and say switching to the Radeon VII seemed to solve my issues. The only odd problem I still have is some kind of weird issue with iMessage that keeps happening, where it works, but it sometimes pre-fills the text with the same text I had already sent, and some other odd behavior. Not really sure why it does that, but at least it's stopped crashing/locking up with the new video card.

I use StudioOne 4 all the time with SIP disabled,no problems with that.
Yep me too but with some issues, however I have reinstalled it yesterday with sip enabled. And for the first time my issue with credentials not remembered is gone away. However my tc electronic DT (plugins/modules) stopped to work. So I restart with sip disabled and it fixed the issue ! And finally Studio one 4 kept the credentials remembered.

However with SIP disabled I have a random message saying the "The License has not been issued for this computer!", like 5 times a months, then I have to erase all my authorizations on my account. It seems that this issue happens only with SIP disabled..

Hi @CaseySJ

Thank you for sharing the experience, especially the installation guide, which has great help for newbies like me.
I follow your [Mini-Guide] for 10.15.1, everything is well but the HDMI audio.
It can't output the audio through the RX5700XT HDMI port to my Yamaha AMP. (Line out is OK)
And I'm still not able to fix this problem after searching forum.
Sorry for my poor English.
If the information provided in the attachment is not enough, please tell me what other files are needed.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    660.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.png
    2.png
    448.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 3.png
    3.png
    597.1 KB · Views: 89
  • config.plist