Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ah!!
Thank you very much for clarifying this!! I hadn't read the mini-guide well.
Regarding the above post by zipb, are the versions in the 'Catalina Fresh Install.zip' safe to use? Or is it better to stick to the november version (oc-quirks-4 efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi)?
As I understand so far, the fresh Install.zip version is the correct one for clover r5104 right?

Just for clarity, I am not using r5104. And I can boot Catalina just fine with the same oc-quirks-4 efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi I use for Mojave.

are the versions in the 'Catalina Fresh Install.zip' safe to use?

Full disclosure, I am still on OcQuirks-4 (the combo of files)
I'll have to work up the courage to test the newer ones :think:

Ah!!
Thank you very much for clarifying this!! I hadn't read the mini-guide well.
Regarding the above post by zipb, are the versions in the 'Catalina Fresh Install.zip' safe to use? Or is it better to stick to the november version (oc-quirks-4 efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi)?
As I understand so far, the fresh Install.zip version is the correct one for clover r5104 right?

Anyway, thank you all very much for your help. It may not be a good idea to test stuff right now :) But you can simply copy the entire EFI partition from a bootable backup in case of failure right?

I updated my system to the new Rev 15 files and it is still working well. No issues at all. The initial update was using Clover 5103 and I have now updated that to 5104 and all is well.

But you can simply copy the entire EFI partition from a bootable backup in case of failure right?

Yes, it is that simple BUT, only if you have a confirmed bootable backup that can mount the EFI partitions

I'll have to work up the courage to test the newer ones :think:

I don't see much risk as you can simply restore a copy of the files on the EFI partition, right?
Or am I missing something important here? :)

EDIT sorry for this double post

I don't see much risk as you can simply restore a copy of the files on the EFI partition, right?
Or am I missing something important here? :)

EDIT sorry for this double post

As long as you have a bootable USB or bootable backup, then yes it is that simple.

@CaseySJ especially and others as well,
I can't thank you enough for all your work on this thread.
It really makes me emotional that there are people who spend this much time helping out other people.
If there is ever anything I can do for you, let me know. I'm in Belgium :)

Back