Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Aha! Ok good to know, so it works? I didn't realize that the iphone connection is USB 2. Awesome, thank you again for all of this!
Alas, iPhones still operate at USB 2, but iPad Pros can operate at USB 3 if used with our own USB-3 certified cable. Even with the iPad Pro, Apple includes only a USB 2 cable.

Hello @Rulebreaker01,

Please remove the build guide from your post. Note the following:
View attachment 449713

Because you're using a Samsung 970 EVO Plus, is it running the latest firmware? The firmware can be checked and updated using Samsung Magician software in Windows. Please see NOTE 5a at the top of Post #1:
View attachment 449715
I have tried updating the firmware using a bootable USB disk but it is saying it has the latest firmware updated already....

I have tried updating the firmware using a bootable USB disk but it is saying it has the latest firmware updated already....
  • Are you installing Catalina or Mojave?
  • What version of Clover are you using? (At the Clover Boot Menu press F1 to see version.)
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are you connecting via HDMI or DisplayPort?
  • You may also compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of the USB install disk.

When multiple GPUs are present (such as IGPU and AMD GPU), Adobe applications such as Premiere Pro will prioritize the GPU based on alphabetical order of GPU name.

Hi Casey,

I thought this might be the fix for my one last little issue...

I have a Radeon VII and I need to use integrated graphics to drive my 3rd monitor. Programs like Final cut and others know to use the Radeon VII but for some reason, Fusion 360 wants to use the intel integrated. I thought this might be my fix, but as you can see, my card is called "AMD Radeon VII" (so first alphabetically). Is there any other way to tell a program not to use the IGPU? There is no configuration for that in Fusion 360

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.12.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.12.42 AM.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Are you installing Catalina or Mojave?
  • What version of Clover are you using? (At the Clover Boot Menu press F1 to see version.)
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are you connecting via HDMI or DisplayPort?
  • You may also compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of the USB install disk.
I am trying to install Mojave 10.14.6
Clover Version : Global Edition 5.9.1.0
Monitor is Samsung 27 inch curved display, Model Code : LC27F591FDWXXL, Version no: FD08
Iam Connecting via HDMI of MSI RX 580
EFI is attached.

Thanks for looking into my issues.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 57
I am trying to install Mojave 10.14.6
Clover Version : Global Edition 5.9.1.0
Monitor is Samsung 27 inch curved display, Model Code : LC27F591FDWXXL, Version no: FD08
Iam Connecting via HDMI of MSI RX 580
EFI is attached.

Thanks for looking into my issues.
Your configuration looks fine, but some suggestions:
  • Lilu and WhateverGreen are old versions. Please update to latest versions from here and here.
  • Please check Clover version by pressing F1 at the Clover Boot Menu.
    • Global Edition 5.9.1.0 refers to Clover Configurator, not Clover boot loader!
  • Which version of UniBeast did you use to create the USB Install Disk?

THANK YOU all so much for this guide

Just finished my first build using this guide and after a minimal amount of troubleshooting it seems everything works! So far the only thing weird is the dock behavior. Autohide doesn't quite work (dock hide/unhide requires a mouse click) and magnification doesn't work

THANK YOU all so much for this guide

Just finished my first build using this guide and after a minimal amount of troubleshooting it seems everything works! So far the only thing weird is the dock behavior. Autohide doesn't quite work (dock hide/unhide requires a mouse click) and magnification doesn't work
Glad to hear it. Are you using the right settings in System Preferences --> Dock?
Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.54.02 AM.png
Regarding your profile:
  • Please enter your motherboard make or model name such as "Designare Z390".
  • And the type of AMD GPU such as RX 580.

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah, the settings are OK and the dock works(ish). It just won't appear unless I mouse click on the edge where the dock is docked. Mouse over just doesn't' seem to do it.

A more complete profile in progress complete.

Last edited:
Your configuration looks fine, but some suggestions:
  • Lilu and WhateverGreen are old versions. Please update to latest versions from here and here.
  • Please check Clover version by pressing F1 at the Clover Boot Menu.
    • Global Edition 5.9.1.0 refers to Clover Configurator, not Clover boot loader!
  • Which version of UniBeast did you use to create the USB Install Disk?
i will update the lilu and WhateverGreen to the latest.
I couldn't find the clover version anywhere after pressing the F1. However on the right corner of the screen its written "5102, booted from EFI"
UniBeast Version is 9.3.0

also attaching the screen before the Blank white screen (Mouse pointer is visible, but it vanishes if clicked any button).
at this point the Graphics card's Fans stop working.

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_231713.jpg
    IMG_20200214_231713.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 51
Back