Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Has anyone experienced issues with legitimate software authorisations needing to be reauthorised after restarting the computer ?
Yes. I was struggling with an issue where Native Instruments plugins I legitimately own would need to be authorized every time I rebooted. After a long time of searching around online, I finally discovered that they were relying on the CPU's speed to do some kind of calculation for some reason, which isn't usually filled out by people in Clover.

I went in to Clover -> CPU -> and set my Frequency MHz to a value of '3700' (for 3.7ghz), rebooted, and reauthorized the software and the problem has finally went away. Seems kind of an odd parameter to use. I've talked to Waves who and a few other companies who have told me they use the ethernet hardware ID's. Native Instruments is the only one I've ever had a problem with. I was glad to have finally found a fix, and it was cool of them to actually give one/support the Hackintosh community.

@CaseySJ , what SMBIOS are we using with Catalina? I just updated to Catalina and wanted to check in again. I am running iMac 19,1 supposedly with iGPU enabled, but I am not entirely certain how to test this. I am still using clover as this OpenCore business cropped up pretty soon.

Hello every one i've got a Pb with my RX 5700 XT hdmi are ok but Display = no signal on catalina but ok in Bios setup

i have disable whatevergreen in boot

can you help me please ?

@CaseySJ , what SMBIOS are we using with Catalina? I just updated to Catalina and wanted to check in again. I am running iMac 19,1 supposedly with iGPU enabled, but I am not entirely certain how to test this. I am still using clover as this OpenCore business cropped up pretty soon.

Also, I am very impressed with shikigva=80, all DRM in safari is perfect with my iMac 19,1

Thanks for your response, Iam told Presonous Studio One DAW software uses the MAC address, which for me has been constant as has the serial number that is displayed in system preferences. I have cleared NVRAM using F11 on clover page mmmm I have not disabled NVRAM though, So what does this mean ? Is anyone here able to test S1 , I use Logic Pro X fine and also Ableton Live which is not giving any issues It’s a shame because there is little to no information on this on Google.
I think you want NVRAM working properly. You don't want to disable it. You could try trashing the S1 auth file if there is one and re authorizing? Maybe send an email to support and see if they can help. I’m guessing if Ableton is working then things are probably working as they should.

Glad to hear it.
  • Regarding WiFi:
    • Do you have the Fenvi FV-T919?
    • And SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml?
  • It's okay not to install Clover RC scripts for emulated NVRAM. Later (not now!) you can try enabling native NVRAM.

WiFi card attached; for SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml I don't have yet. Needed it?

Attachments

• IMAG1904.jpg
    IMAG1904.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 94
Also, I am very impressed with shikigva=80, all DRM in safari is perfect with my iMac 19,1

Lastly, I'm using ig-platform-id of 003E980003 with my 9900K. When I run VDA encoder, it shows as full enabled and Geekbench sees the iGPU. But I can't select it to run benchmarks on. When I select graphics under system report, it just shows the Vega 64. I get image preview in finder working just fine though

Hello every one i've got a Pb with my RX 5700 XT hdmi are ok but Display = no signal on catalina but ok in Bios setup

i have disable whatevergreen in boot

can you help me please ?

On RX 5700 XT the DP 1 do not run if you don't have multiple screens. The second port is HDMI and the third port is DP is ok, it's run mono screen. And don't forget change for DP on button screen parameters.

The preferred SMBIOS for Catalina is iMac19,1 because it maximizes compatibility with the features of Catalina (e.g. Sidecar and no T2 chip). To check whether iGPU is enabled, run IORegistryExplorer and look for IGPU@2 in the tree on the left side (do not use the 'search' field). If the first child node is AppleIntelFramebuffer then you're all set.

Last edited:
Back