Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

hello @CaseySJ ,

I was wondering about something in the NVRAM guide.
And I've followed everything to the T up until-
  • Remove EmuVariableUefi from CLOVER/drivers/UEFI (or CLOVER/drivers64UEFI for older versions of Clover)
however I have the "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000" instead....

I tried removing the file
then booting back- NO DICE

used my backup to put "OsxAptio..." back in the folder
computer booted
however the NVRAM test did not return "hello"

update 1:
ok so I figured maybe I gotta switch to the QcQuirks method...
which I have now completed

update 2:
now I continued with the NVRAM guide
removed Emu...
deleted scripts
unchecked KernelIPM and AppleIntelCPUPM

system booted

however my main monitor attached to a vega64 in slot-1 was dark
my second monitor attached to an R9 270x in slot-2 showed the desktop...

I switched my HDMI cable from the second monitor to the main and entered Mojave.

when I checked sys prefs-
instead of Graphics showing my Vega64
it showed the R9 270x !!

so I don't know...

I added EmuVariableUefi back into the clover drivers
checked the boxes for KernelIPM and AppleIntelCPUPM
and left SSDT-NVRAM.aml in clover/acpi/patched

system boots back to the correct config:
vega64 driving the 4k
R9270x driving the 2nd monitor

not sure where to go from here...
Though my geekbench5 score went up significantly!

Back with a ”vengeance....”

I‘ve been settling in on this system/build for a couple of months now, with various issues, most of which I’ve managed to solve with the help of this forum. Many thanks.

I think I’m pretty sure I’ve got issues with running my 64gb of RAM (4x16gb) in XMP mode. Today was the first day I was able to work without crashing after disabling XMP in BIOS. I’m womdeimg if there’s an issue with using the Catalina fresh install mini guide with 64gb of ram installed? I‘m using 2666 ddr4 but it’s only stable at 2133mhz. Others elsewhere have noted that using more than 32gb causes freezing etc. Has anyone else experienced freezing or success with 64gb?
no freeze, no issue with 64 gb g-skill 3200 mhz xmp

Please update your profile by entering CPU, Graphics and Motherboard. Click here.

If OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is working, it's okay to stay with that. I would suggest updating to Clover 5xxx first, and then attempting to switch over to OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices. Please see the Catalina Mini-Guide for instructions on installing Clover 5xxx.

Thanks, yes I should have done that before, I've updated my profile now, so I will look into the mini guide to install Clover 5xxx. Best regards.

Thanks, yes I should have done that before, I've updated my profile now, so I will look into the mini guide to install Clover 5xxx. Best regards.

Sorry, I have Mojave installed because not all audio software works with Catalina (yet), can I use the Catalina Mini-Guide as well to install Clover 5xxx or do have to do something different?

Thanks

Look, there is my EFI Clover5101 iMacPro1,1 emulated NVRAM, IGPU deactivated.
Use it to compare or just use it. You need to regenerate you serial numbers and ROM. Just open config.plist and select iMacPro at Clover configurator again (SMBIOS). Under Rt Variables, fill in your Board Serial Number and generate ROM.

Attachments

• EFI iMacPro Catalina iMacPro1_1 Clover NoSN.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 92
Sorry, I have Mojave installed because not all audio software works with Catalina (yet), can I use the Catalina Mini-Guide as well to install Clover 5xxx or do have to do something different?

Thanks

I quickly looked at the Mini-Guide. If I get this right I need to do a fresh install or is it possible to modify an existing install because I just finished installing all my basic software including all kinds of vst plugins, which has been a lot of work including activating these? Is it a matter of changing the files in the EFI and can the Mojave section on the start up drive be ' reused' ? If so, then the next question is how?

I looked at page 1 of this thread again, the install instruction, when I started to do this install I followed that guide for Mojave, with the Unibeast version for that install and by following this guide a clover version lower than 5xxx was used and I did read the update on Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices but now I understand that that guide is for a clover version of 5xxx.

So don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering how could I have known that the very well made install guide on page one actually is not suitable for Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices because then I should have followed the Catalina Mini-Guide but since I wanted to install Mojave, even if I would have seen that before, I wouldn't have used it. Again, please, this is in no way meant as an unfriendly comment, I just want to understand what to do and will all your effort and support we wouldn't have been able to achieve where we are today.

So did I understand this right, Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices is only possible if you
have clover 5xxx installed on the EFI and if you follow the guide on page 1 you will have a version below 5xxx installed,
therefore you can't use the guide for Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices and you have to do a fresh install with the Mini-Guide but that is for Catalina or is there a different way to update clover and the rest of the files in the EFI?

And after following the guide on page 1 and you stick with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, what can happen, when and why? Preferably I would like to have the 5xxx clover install because what I understand from the posts this is more up to date, probably more stable.

Thanks again.

@CaseySJ

trouble shooted as you suggested. Tried Pairing things back to a minimum.....system seems much more stable (no more freezing after a period of idle time) once I disabled iGPU. Is there a solution for this, or implication on my setup?

thanks

H

Hey,

Yesterday I update Clover from 4920 to de new version. My hackintosh won't boot. If I use verbose mode it appearing 'Error loading kernel cache (0x9). How I can resolve this?

Thanks!

I quickly looked at the Mini-Guide. If I get this right I need to do a fresh install or is it possible to modify an existing install because I just finished installing all my basic software including all kinds of vst plugins, which has been a lot of work including activating these? Is it a matter of changing the files in the EFI and can the Mojave section on the start up drive be ' reused' ? If so, then the next question is how?

I looked at page 1 of this thread again, the install instruction, when I started to do this install I followed that guide for Mojave, with the Unibeast version for that install and by following this guide a clover version lower than 5xxx was used and I did read the update on Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices but now I understand that that guide is for a clover version of 5xxx.

So don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering how could I have known that the very well made install guide on page one actually is not suitable for Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices because then I should have followed the Catalina Mini-Guide but since I wanted to install Mojave, even if I would have seen that before, I wouldn't have used it. Again, please, this is in no way meant as an unfriendly comment, I just want to understand what to do and will all your effort and support we wouldn't have been able to achieve where we are today.

So did I understand this right, Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices is only possible if you
have clover 5xxx installed on the EFI and if you follow the guide on page 1 you will have a version below 5xxx installed,
therefore you can't use the guide for Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices and you have to do a fresh install with the Mini-Guide but that is for Catalina or is there a different way to update clover and the rest of the files in the EFI?

And after following the guide on page 1 and you stick with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, what can happen, when and why? Preferably I would like to have the 5xxx clover install because what I understand from the posts this is more up to date, probably more stable.

Thanks again.
Use your existing installation
Mount efi Partition with clover configurator
Download aktual Clover with clover configurator
Install actual clover WITH scripts
Replace efi folder on efi Partition with Mine or whatever you like
Find out if you Need shiki..
Make your Own serials
Dont give 2 System the same Name

Thats all.

You can use osxaptio... if you want, But i See on reason why

In my last reply I only said to use the instructions in Catalina Mini-Guide for installing Clover. Those are generic instructions that are applicable to both Mojave and Catalina. You can even use the contents of the ZIP file (but do not replace your existing config.plist). Again, follow only the steps for installing Clover (not the entire Catalina Mini-Guide).

There is a link in Post #1 to a mini-guide for replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices:

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 4.47.49 AM.png

If you click the link, it takes you to a mini-guide that starts off with this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 4.48.35 AM.png

Note the bold face -- for Clover 5xxx only.

So did I understand this right, Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices is only possible if you have clover 5xxx installed on the EFI and if you follow the guide on page 1 you will have a version below 5xxx installed, therefore you can't use the guide for Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with FwRuntimeServices and you have to do a fresh install with the Mini-Guide but that is for Catalina or is there a different way to update clover and the rest of the files in the EFI?
See above :) Installing Mojave with the guide in Post #1 will give you Clover 4xxx. You have to upgrade to 5xxx yourself.

Hackintosh is not about convenience! It's about patience and a lot of searching! Buying a beautiful, perfectly configured, titanium-build real Mac from an Apple Store with full tech support is about convenience! No random crashes, no memory problems, no UEFI driver issues, no Thunderbolt issues, no shiki/DRM issues, no sleep/wake issues, no 64GB or 128GB issues, no 5K display issues, no multi-monitor issues, no macOS installation or macOS update issues!

Hackintosh, on the other hand, is an exercise in DIY and with it comes the joy and satisfaction of encountering and overcoming challenges. And more challenges. And then some more challenges. And so it requires each owner to aspire to become their own Tech Support or first line of defense.

If anyone is working on mission critical applications and requires maximum compatibility and uptime, please buy a real Mac from Apple.

There's also no harm in staying with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. Yes, no kidding.

Last edited:
Back