Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sure thing, attached and thanks Casey. Shall I go ahead and remove the serial numbers?
Please try the attached file:
  • It requires Lilu and WhateverGreen.
  • Platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless) has been added to in Devices --> Properties.
  • Internal Audio has been added to Devices --> Properties as well, with Layout ID 11.

Attachments

• config-chevron.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 84
Thank you Casey, I added that back to the EFI Folder. I can see some information now in the System Infromation/PCI.

I also removed both the System Serial Number, and Board Serial Number from SMBIOS.

Logic Pro is still crashing before getting to any kind of startup window. With the attached Crash Log

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 17.28.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 17.28.25.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 90
Logic Pro is still crashing before getting to any kind of startup window. With the attached Crash Log
Interestingly enough, I often see the same HITToolbox and CoreFoundation issues, but with Ableton. Same exception message and SEGFault.

I have had very frequent crashes in Ableton on my last Hackintosh build, and I was hoping would be resolve with this, but unfortunately I still get them fairly frequently and I'm not sure why. This is a radically different build and newer OS than I was using before when I experienced these issues, and considering they are happening here on a completely clean install/new build - I'm guessing it's perhaps something related to a setting/bootloader/something that the Hackintosh is doing differently from a legit Mac.

I don't have constant crashes, but it often happens when saving a project file. I'm thinking it likely is related some some plugin that doesn't play nice; just not sure which.

Last edited:
Thank you Casey, I added that back to the EFI Folder. I can see some information now in the System Infromation/PCI.

I also removed both the System Serial Number, and Board Serial Number from SMBIOS.

Oh, we should only remove serial numbers when we are posting config.plist to this or any other website so that no one "steals" your serial numbers. But serial numbers must be present is the working version of config.plist.

Based on the following post earlier today...
I have installed a bunch yeh after it was working, I hadn't launched it for a week or so. Then today I tried and not working - I did try removing all the plug ins from the Components folder and trashing Logic prefs, restarting but no success.
...it seems Logic Pro was working when it was initially installed (before any plugins were installed)?

The Big Question:
  • Did you make a full bootable backup right after installing macOS and/or before installing the Plugins?
  • If so, don't modify that backup disk in any way. Instead, clone it to a cheap spare SSD and boot from that spare SSD. Install only Logic Pro and check if it's stable. If so, install only one plugin at a time and check whether Logic Pro starts up normally.
If you don't have a backup of the system prior to installation of Logic Pro or the plugins, then it might be a good idea to quickly perform a fresh installation of macOS on a spare low-cost SSD. Then install only Logic Pro by itself to check whether it starts up normally.

This might seem like a brute force method, but it may lead to some answers more quickly than other methods. Feel free to ask for help at any stage of this.

Last edited:
Oh, we should only remove serial numbers when we are posting config.plist to this or any other website so that no one "steals" your serial numbers. But serial numbers must be present is the working version of config.plist.

Based on the following post earlier today...

...it seems Logic Pro was working when it was initially installed (before any plugins were installed)?

The Big Question:
  • Did you make a full bootable backup right after installing macOS and/or before installing the Plugins?
  • If so, don't modify that backup disk in any way. Instead, clone it to a cheap spare SSD and boot from that spare SSD. Install only Logic Pro and check if it's stable. If so, install only one plugin at a time and check whether Logic Pro starts up normally.
If you don't have a backup of the system prior to installation of Logic Pro or the plugins, then it might be a good idea to quickly perform a fresh installation of macOS on a spare low-cost SSD. Then install only Logic Pro by itself to check whether it starts up normally.

This might seem like a brute force method, but it may lead to some answers more quickly than other methods. Feel free to ask for help at any stage of this.

Ah thank you, no worries. I made a note of the Serials and I assume I can re-enter the same Serial nos?

Yes Logic was working, it was actually the first app I installed to run a benchmark project before any 3rd party plug ins (which worked with flying colours!). I have also tried removing all the Audiounit plug ins from the components folder, but still get hard crashes.

I do have a full bootable backup, made before I discovered Logic wasn't working but after I have installed a bunch of plug ins. My logic was to make a bootable back up after I had installed the plethora of plug ins I use - lessoned learned!

Still, I will give that a go and also try a fresh installation and see how I get on and report back - thank you :)

Hi augustopaulo and thanks for you interest ! You have inspired and motived me with one of your post on another website last summer ;)

For your motherboard Z390 Aorus Xtreme, which device-id have you on UPSB and NHI0 ? If Alpine Ridge I can send you SSDT file to test on your configuration (Near to mine with RP01) !
Hi Elias64Fr,

Thanks for kind words ;-)

I believe it's a Titan Ridge.

On my system, hackintool shows the following:
Captura de ecrã 2020-01-22, às 17.24.04.png

Also, I've attached my original ACPI files, capture with Clover at boot with F4.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    87.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hi Casey

I'm trying the OC. Thanx a lot for the guide. I'm using an USB key for the test.

I can see the OC menu with my 3 entries (betamacOS, Windows, macOS) BUT I can't choose anyone (my keyboard seems to be unresponsive and my mouse too).
Why?

I tried another USB port OC

Bios F9b... (may be the explanation...)

Last edited:
The fourth screenshot from that post (now 157 pages back!) suggests that the kernel panic occurred after 2 ACPI tables failed to load. One of those tables is SSDT-DTPG. However, when an ACPI table fails, it should not cause a kernel panic. We should remove SSDT-DTPG and update config.plist.

You had suggested that previously, and I neglected to post an update - but when I removed SSDT-DTPG, the ACPI errors went away but the boot still ended with a kernel panic.

The kernel panic backtrace suggests the crash occurred while starting to load kexts. Please double-check all kext-related settings in config.plist -- make sure kext paths are correct and the files themselves are valid. Feel free to post your OpenCore config.plist (you may remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo).

My config.plist is the one you posted with the only exceptions being that the "PUT YOUR" lines have my info and ROM has the value I generated in Clover Configurator. I diff'ed your original config.plist against my edits and there are no unexpected discrepancies. (I can remove my edits and post my config.plist here, but it wouldn't be very useful.)

It's very strange...

Interesting. I'll add this to the Sleep/Wake Troubleshooting Mini-Guide ("Sleep Aids").
Apologies, I spoke too soon. Issue came back it seems, even with AppleALC removed, so must not be that - directly anyway.

It’s strange because I never use sleep like most DAW users, and I usually go straight to power saving settings in sys prefs and pull both sleep sliders to the right (never) then “never” think about it again.

The weird thing is that this fresh install is showing only 1 slider for screens sleep options, I guess because my hardware is being more correctly detected and matched with my SMBIOS (19,1)? Apparently this a thing with later Mac OS versions and certain newer CPU models/setups. With out the second slider to set system sleep to never, I’m wondering if you can ever truly stop the system from sleeping now. Either way, I suppose it should not be hanging after sleeping. I’ve also checked all the appropriate boxes under the sleep sliders, to no avail.

Yesterday I tested out using an app called ‘KeepingYouAwake’ that prevents system sleep and it worked like a charm, no hangs, no sleeping. It seems to be a little app (one of a few actually) that uses mac‘s built-in ‘caffeine‘ features. But I was determined not to have to run an app to avoid crashes and attempted to look into and try out the AppleALC possibility. When I’m away from my studio I leave my machine on so I can access its drives and screens remotely, so having it not crash or go to sleep is important to me, and also the reason why I’m finding this sleeping thing to be an issue for me.

What I can conclude so far is that sleep must be causing the system to hang - requiring a hard reboot with the power switch. If I don’t use or access the computer remotely for some time it just shows frozen desktops. This happens with or without screensavers being active and/or screen lock password settings off or on. If I use the anti sleep app then problems go away. It’s weird that it seems to go to sleep but the screens remain on. Maybe it’s crashing when it tries to go to sleep as opposed to when it’s waking up.

I’m guessing there’s a hack to bring the system sleep slider back in sys prefs, but that’s just silly, right? My workaround right now is the anti sleep app, which solves the problem, but still prevents me from sleeping at night. Haha.

I am going to try a few things in your sleep issues mini guide and see if any of those things fix the issue. Thanks!

Last edited:
What version of Lilu and WhateverGreen are you using?
Lilu v. 1.3.8

Why are you using Lilu 1.3.8 (which was released in Aug 11, 2019) on a Catalina system? You should try updating that to the latest 1.4.1. You have to keep up with certain kexts when the OS is also being updated.

Back