Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ ,

thanks to all your work an the latest weg & lila my system now runs quite well :)
One of my last missing issues is, the system not going automatically into hibernate/sleep ... I think I have done something wrong with the FenVi T919 wifi card,...

My suggestion is, that Mac is recognizing it as an USB Wifi card and preventing the system for a hibernation because of the connected USB device. But just a rough thought :(

Which points of your coffin.plist are regarding proper hibernation? Maybe I can start checking them accordingly :-/
Thanks

Because your motherboard has on-board Intel CNVi, have you copied the SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml to your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder? This SSDT works with all Gigabyte Z390 boards.
Hi yes, the SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml is installed in the CLOVER folder. I also tried it without it, because I would assume that my mainboard doesn't have an Intel CNVi on board because it is the "non wifi" version (LINK).

WiFi is still not recognised by the system. But I will try again. If nothing helps I will do a new clean install on this system... :) Maybe it have something to do with the IO8021Family.kext it is responsible for wifi network right?

Hi yes, the SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml is installed in the CLOVER folder. I also tried it without it, because I would assume that my mainboard doesn't have an Intel CNVi on board because it is the "non wifi" version (LINK).

WiFi is still not recognised by the system. But I will try again. If nothing helps I will do a new clean install on this system... :) Maybe it have something to do with the IO8021Family.kext it is responsible for wifi network right?

I remember a few weeks ago I used this method to get my older TP-Link TL-WDN4800 working unter Catalina in this build.
Install 1080211Family.kext (uploaded as zipped) to your Mojave System Disk's Library /Extensions , System Library/Extensions folder using any of the following ->Kext Utility|Kext Wizard/KextBeast
It is an older version of the IO80211Family.kext that can recognise the older WiFi card and I would assume it had no support for the newer.

But I copied / installed the original IO80211Family.kext back into the /Volumes/ssd/System/Library/Extensions/ folder and it has the same version as the one on my original MacBook now. (Tried it manually and with KextBeast and with Kext Utility) Also checkt hat it is not installed in any other Extensions folder where it shouldn't be.

Thanks!
Ran a test this morning and got this (iMacPro1,1):
View attachment 445608

I've got my DSDT patched by MaLD0n and have TeamGroup DDR4 (CAS 14-14-14-31 Timings, Samsung B-die) 3200Mhz memory kit (32GB), but no overclocking of neither CPU nor RAM in BIOS...

Maybe in the future, since now latest Z390 Aorus Xtreme BIOS F9C says: "Fix CPU Vcore and power behavior"
do you know what patches Mald0n applied? I assume you supplied him with the Clover F4 DSDT extract.

thanks

An update for everyone on dual GPUs.
I was running a Radeon VII and a Founders edition Radeon Vega64. I was having stability issues and removed the Vega64 and now everything is working properly again.
Here's a YouTube video of a Hackintosh built using this guide (video discovered by @trs96). The presenter discusses a stability issue that was fixed by using a higher wattage power supply. Because you had two graphics cards, what is the power rating of your PSU?

Last edited:
Sorry, can I use Open Core modified DSDT with USB patch for Clover bootloader? If yes, what SSDT can I delete from EFI?
Yes I believe you can use the modified DSDT with Clover. The only SSDTs you will still need are:
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml

Alright I think I need some serious help with my build, haha. I've spent many hours/days now on my own trying to get this working smoothing, but it seems since I've been on Catalina things have just devolved into crappiness for me. I'm locked into Catalina with my 5700xt gfx so....

My issues were were first crackling audio with my UAD Apollo system. Never sorted that out, finicky boot sequences to get it to work etc. The system was a bit buggy, with the odd crash here and there. I updated to OCQUIRKS and VIRTUALSMC etc etc. Went to 10.15.2 recently. Tried the newest WEG and LILU and the releases before that. Tried newest and earlier bioses, disabling XMP and AUTO CPU enhancements in BIOS, etc etc etc - No luck.

Now my system's apps just seem to crash all the time randomly and frequently. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, so maybe someone else can. I posted a few things on this thread a little while back, but and still not fully operational with this build. Any assistance is much appreciated.

I'm running bios f7 (reverted back and forward with bioses to no avail) MacOS 10.15.2, Designare z390, Gigabyte 5700xt 8GB, 9900k, 64GB Vengeance LPX 2666 ram that is one vendor's list for the mobo.

Here's my EFI folder and my /Library/Extensions folder along with my config.plist (serial removed)
Some things to try (with WEG 1.3.6):
  • In Boot Arguments, change shikigva=32 to shikigva=16. Make no other changes, reboot, and test.
  • In Boot Arguments, after changing shikigva, try deleting shiki-id. Reboot and test.
  • What is the power rating of your PSU? 750W or more?

Hi @CaseySJ ,

thanks to all your work an the latest weg & lila my system now runs quite well :)
One of my last missing issues is, the system not going automatically into hibernate/sleep ... I think I have done something wrong with the FenVi T919 wifi card,...

My suggestion is, that Mac is recognizing it as an USB Wifi card and preventing the system for a hibernation because of the connected USB device. But just a rough thought :(

Which points of your coffin.plist are regarding proper hibernation? Maybe I can start checking them accordingly :-/
Thanks
Hello @bwestpha

To troubleshoot this problem, please post the following:
  • IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As... (upload the saved file)
  • The file: SSDT-UIAC-....aml from CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Also try moving the card to another PCIe slot. Try both short slot and long slot. Also post a screenshot of System Information --> WiFi

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 5.26.48 AM.png
I remember a few weeks ago I used this method to get my older TP-Link TL-WDN4800 working unter Catalina in this build.

It is an older version of the IO80211Family.kext that can recognise the older WiFi card and I would assume it had no support for the newer.

But I copied / installed the original IO80211Family.kext back into the /Volumes/ssd/System/Library/Extensions/ folder and it has the same version as the one on my original MacBook now. (Tried it manually and with KextBeast and with Kext Utility) Also checkt hat it is not installed in any other Extensions folder where it shouldn't be.
Warning: Do not change or replace IO80211Family.kext. In fact, we should not change any files in /System/Library/Extensions.

*** OpenCore 0.5.4 Experimental Setup for Designare Z390 ***
(Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.)

Hi,

Thanx for the update.
I got the attached kernel panic. I use the OpenCore NDK Fork Zip.

Attachments

• IMG_2784.jpeg
    IMG_2784.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
Back