Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

hey @CaseySJ thank you so much for this guide! My parts arrived this week and I successfully performed the installation. It works 100% and it was so smooth! Under 1h I had everything ready to use.

Here's my setup:

Z390 Designare
Intel i9 9900K
ADATA 1TB M.2
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB
32GB RAM
ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2
Corsair Power Supply 650W
Be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4 CPU Cooler
Corsair Carbide Series 275R (But I have a PowerMac G5 case which I will probably use it afterwards)

Only once the BT stopped working and I got the icon "BT not available". I restarted and it came back to normal. Hope this will not happen again! Other than that it was everything so smooth I couldn't believe it.

Highly appreciate your hard work into putting this together for us. Best regards!
Glad to hear it! BT should be reliable from now on. Because there is a tangle of wires at the back of the computer, WiFi/BT signal strength can sometimes be adversely affected. In this case, use of an outboard antenna can help.

Hi all,
I had a working macOS Catalina build with the Aorus z390 Pro and most other components mentioned in this build here.
The last days I used the LAN port an an older TP Link TL-WDN4800 with my Hacki.

Now my Fenvi FV-T919 arrived. Bluetooth worked out of the box after I plugged in the USB cable.
But the WiFi doesn't work... I plugged in into the x1_1 PCI and tried also x1_3 PCI slot. I also attached my system information and the installed kext here.

Any ideas here? On windows everything works perfect after I installed the driver from the website. But in mac os Catalina my WiFi doesn't work... Maybe you had an idea...

Thank you very much.
Kind regards Pablo

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.55.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.55.25.png
    293 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.55.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.55.29.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.55.43.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.55.43.png
    399.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.56.26.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 15.56.26.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Annotation 2020-01-18 150553.png
    Annotation 2020-01-18 150553.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 113
Unfortunately I didn't understand this message so I didn't reply! :)
  • It seems you had the system up and running, but then you wanted to skip the Clover Boot Menu and boot directly into macOS. So we changed the Clover GUI timeout to -1.
  • The Mojave and Catalina guides in this thread require that you have another Mac or Hackintosh. The USB install disk (and editing the CLOVER folder on USB install disk) is done on the other Mac or Hackintosh.
  • If you are installing Catalina, can you try the installation process again from the very beginning?
  • If you do not have discrete AMD GPU, no problem. The Catalina Mini-Guide contains the procedure for IGPU as well.
  • Please remember not to rush. Take your time. Read each step 2 times.
  • If you get stuck along the way, let me know -- but include enough information so I can understand which step is failing.
Hello @CaseySJ, I'm sorry if you didn't understand my last post; my English is quite bad and furthermore I'm a beginner in informatics so it's a big mess! I sincerely apologize if i'm not clear at all.

Finally, I changed my plan and tried to install Catalina, instead of Mojave, with your very clear mini guide. Apparently, it works, but after the final step, the computer doesn't restart directly on the Desktop of macOS, but it goes to the Clover Boot Menu, as for the Mojave Boot. However, I followed the final step of your guide (the installation of Clover RC scripts), but that seems not to work. When I try to make it with Clover, I've got the following message that I also put in attached files "this package is incompatible with this version of macOS". I choose "install anyway" but then the computer restarts inside Clover Boot Menu with the two choices that I put in attached files too. Apparently, the macOS seems to work properly despite this... Have you got any idea to solve the problem ?

I updated clover from 4 to 5 and did not delete anything. I am going to boot from USB and do that now along with checking the CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI folder. Report results soon
I'm back up. I booted from an install USB. Then I selected my Mojave disc and it booted using clover from the USB. Cleaned up the EFI folder, deleted the driver64UEFI folder and then followed the guide for post install to make sure I had everything in the right place Also made the machine a 19.1 iMac. Thanks again @CaseySJ for this guide.

Try changing pci slots, I use that Firewire card at bottom slot
Cleaned up my cables even more, flipped the ground lift on my speakers and used a FW400 cable instead of the 400 to 800 i used before, it seems like the buzzing is gone! :3
thx!

Casey, reviewing my OC config, I noticed that under booter-mmioWhitelist-0 there is a comment string that's the following:
Haswell: SB_RCBA is a 0x4 page memory region, containing SPI_BASE at 0x3800 (SPI_BASE_ADDRESS)

is Haswell correct? should we be using Coffee Lake? is it even the correct memory region to be looking at?

Also can you take a look at the refi folder and plist.... shouldn't I be adding the ssd for the usb fix? am I missing anything else?
Thanks a ton

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 11.51.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 11.51.33 AM.png
    448.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hi all,
I had a working macOS Catalina build with the Aorus z390 Pro and most other components mentioned in this build here.
The last days I used the LAN port an an older TP Link TL-WDN4800 with my Hacki.

Now my Fenvi FV-T919 arrived. Bluetooth worked out of the box after I plugged in the USB cable.
But the WiFi doesn't work... I plugged in into the x1_1 PCI and tried also x1_3 PCI slot. I also attached my system information and the installed kext here.

Any ideas here? On windows everything works perfect after I installed the driver from the website. But in mac os Catalina my WiFi doesn't work... Maybe you had an idea...

Thank you very much.
Kind regards Pablo

@pabloh, have you seen this information:

The Fenvi FV-T919 and Fenvi FV-HB1200 provide both WiFi and Bluetooth, and work very well in a x1 slot with the SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml copied to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder on the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD. Instructions for copying the SSDT are provided in the spoiler labeled Final Steps in Post-Installation. (Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme owners must install these cards in one of the long slots.) The FV-T919 is the faster of the two cards and more expensive. The FV-HB1200 is slightly slower, but lower priced. Both will work out-of-the-box with no drivers needed.

On my system, this file "SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml" makes it work as the defaults for Gigabyte need to be over written. My FV-T919 works very well, bluetooth and WiFi.

Cheers

WDM

Back