Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I already tried to move the disk and it really happens to me with that dock with any hard disk, what I do not understand is that if it works well on the macbook ... it is as if the dock's power fails, it has a light and when I transfer files from the other dock or internal hdd the light goes out and freeze ..

ps:i tested with seagate barracuda 500gb and in this disck work ¡¡ and with a ssd m500 crucial 240gb dont work,freeze...

WD red 3tb Dont Work(tested in 3 hdd wd)
SSD m500 Crucial 240gb Dont Work
Seagate Barracuda 500gb:Work
So I used Ubuntu Mouse is running fine!

Which way should I do best for a new clean installation?
The fresh catalina ?
or everthing from Mojave beginning
or??

Thanks for an idea!
Can both of you do the following:
  • Check that your USB devices are connected.
  • Then open System Information --> USB.
  • For each USB device, check the following (as shown in red box) and feel free to post screenshots:
    • Current Available (mA)
    • Current Required (mA)
    • Extra Operating Current (mA)
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 1.10.11 PM.png

OK, in Prep for updating to Catalina I updated
  • Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
Rebooted, all good. Then I updated CLOVER and got this... I have a time machine backup and can just do a full fresh install but wondering if anyone has seen this.

Attachments

• BootScreen.jpg
    BootScreen.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 105
OK, in Prep for updating to Catalina I updated
  • Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
Rebooted, all good. Then I updated CLOVER and got this... I have a time machine backup and can just do a full fresh install but wondering if anyone has seen this.
If you updated from Clover 4xxx to 5xxx, it’s necessary to delete the old “drivers64UEFI” folder.

Can both of you do the following:
  • Check that your USB devices are connected.
  • Then open System Information --> USB.
  • For each USB device, check the following (as shown in red box) and feel free to post screenshots:
    • Current Available (mA)
    • Current Required (mA)
    • Extra Operating Current (mA)
View attachment 445444

i send you
Captura de pantalla 2020-01-17 a las 22.29.51.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-01-17 a las 22.30.07.png

View attachment 445353 View attachment 445355

(In yellow is the Winbond 25Q80... Flash ROM that most likely contains Thunderbolt firmware.)

My apologies for the potentially stupid question... but what's the possible outcome from patching the Thunderbolt firmware? Thunderbolt devices will show up in System Information / Thunderbolt instead of PCI? Or maybe getting Thunderbolt 1 devices to work natively?

I know you said you didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. Just curious why anyone might have high hopes. :)

BIOS F9b is out. Any good?
It says:
  1. Enhance RAID AIC compatibility
  2. Fix CPU Vcore and power behavior

Hey @pitt1717 , Since using the new version of OpenCore are you seeing it change your boot device in BIOS when you reboot?
I can set mine to boot from my macOS (into OpenCore), and it works fine, but then when I reboot the device has changed and it bypasses openCore and boots straight into windows. Not sure if its just me, or if its an issue with the new OC release.

I haven't seen this issue. I am on F9b. have you upgraded yet?

My apologies for the potentially stupid question... but what's the possible outcome from patching the Thunderbolt firmware? Thunderbolt devices will show up in System Information / Thunderbolt instead of PCI? Or maybe getting Thunderbolt 1 devices to work natively?

I know you said you didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. Just curious why anyone might have high hopes. :)
A successful patch -- in which we inject key pieces of Apple's Thunderbolt firmware into the Gigabyte Thunderbolt firmware -- might result in a functional Thunderbolt Bus and Thunderbolt Local Node. Some Thunderbolt devices (even Thunderbolt 3 devices) don't work properly without Thunderbolt Bus. Unfortunately, this won't affect Thunderbolt 1, which will remain incompatible.

Last edited:
Back