Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Both of those are good. The cheaper RX 580 is surprisingly powerful. Unless you're using GPU-intensive applications/games, I would recommend the RX 580.

ThankQ am good to go now.
Thanks alot for your patience.

Thanks
shiva

I am having some issues with iMessage. It's showing a greyed out unidentifiable mobile number on iPhone messages/send & receive, under the heading “YOU CAN RECEIVE iMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROMI

I do not recognize the number and its greyed out, I see this number on both my Hack and my real MacBook. Any assistance grateful thanks in advance

I have one major issue for now: I have hardware acceleration as long as I just use the LG display. As soon as I connect another HDMI display to the RX 580 I loose hardware acceleration on the LG and the HDMI display goes black. Mojave does see the HDMI in About this Mac -> Displays. During boot I see the verbose output on both displays but the HDMI display goes black before the apple logo shows up. Mojave puts the login screen on the HDMI display as well, so I have to log in in the dark.
I actually plan to use two HDMI displays along with the LG display, so if someone could guide me in the direction for solving this HDMI issue, that would make me happy!
Hello @ThomasVJ
  • What is the make/model of your RX 580?
  • Are the HDMI monitors flatscreen TVs or computer monitors?
    • Are they relatively recent models (within last 5 or 6 years)?
  • Have you tried:
    • Enabling CSM Support in BIOS?
    • Adding agdpmod=pikera in Boot Arguments to see if it makes any difference?
If anyone is successfully using multiple monitors with AMD GPU (preferably where one monitor is connected via Thunderbolt) please let us know if you ran into the problems described in the quoted section above.

Some other suggestions:
  • Check the battery (put in a new battery temporarily).
  • Do any other USB devices stutter or stop working? Or only the USB/wireless mouse?
  • You may also run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... to export the device tree. Then upload that file. It will show us whether USB power (high current) is set up correctly and whether there might be too many USB devices.

I did now a couple things!
1. I did a second Drive with a new installation! Accound Mini Guide! Sound everything works, but not the mouse!
2. On my M2m sound is lost via 1220 it works via graphic card! Mouse is still not working correct! Battery Changed again and even with wire does not work correct!
I installed newest Lilu and apple alc QCquirks-for-designare-z390

Attachments

• Rene’s iMac.ioreg
    10.1 MB · Views: 83
Hello @ThomasVJ
  • What is the make/model of your RX 580?
  • Are the HDMI monitors flatscreen TVs or computer monitors?
    • Are they relatively recent models (within last 5 or 6 years)?
  • Have you tried:
    • Enabling CSM Support in BIOS?
    • Adding agdpmod=pikera in Boot Arguments to see if it makes any difference?
If anyone is successfully using multiple monitors with AMD GPU (preferably where one monitor is connected via Thunderbolt) please let us know if you ran into the problems described in the quoted section above.

Hello and thank you @CaseySJ

• The RX 580 is a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB HDMI/DVI-D/DUAL DP OC W/BP (UEFI)
    (are there different models of the Sapphire Pulse RX 580?)
  • HDMI computer monitors; rather old Samsung S24D390HL. I will try with a Dell D2416P this weekend.
    I did initially set it up using this Dell display connected through DP.
  • Pretty sure I left CSM Support enabled in BIOS.
  • Will try adding agdpmod=pikera in Boot Arguments this weekend.
I did plan to continue with this amazing beast today, but the studio where it will reside in the future has been busy all day. I will continue tomorrow.

Hello,

I have a little (but important) question. I'm real new to hackintosh (it's my first one), I only have followed once and step by step the tutorial on december 7th (2019) when I constructed my computer and had ZERO problems. Yeah :)
Now, Catalina tells me that he has updates to install. What should I do ?? Can I install them exactly like a normal MacOS computer or should I be extremely careful with MacOS updates ??

Also, after my initial installation (december 7th), I saw many many posts here, many "updates" and many things appeared to me as "bug corrections" but since I can't understand everything here, I don't know if I should update something or make some changes in Clover's configuration...

Finally, I bought an Apple Magic Keyboard and I would like to use it as wired (lightning to usb) instead of wireless. Will it work out of the box or should I do something particular ?

Thanks !!

Hello,

I have a little (but important) question. I'm real new to hackintosh (it's my first one), I only have followed once and step by step the tutorial on december 7th (2019) when I constructed my computer and had ZERO problems. Yeah :)
Now, Catalina tells me that he has updates to install. What should I do ?? Can I install them exactly like a normal MacOS computer or should I be extremely careful with MacOS updates ??

Also, after my initial installation (december 7th), I saw many many posts here, many "updates" and many things appeared to me as "bug corrections" but since I can't understand everything here, I don't know if I should update something or make some changes in Clover's configuration...

Finally, I bought an Apple Magic Keyboard and I would like to use it as wired (lightning to usb) instead of wireless. Will it work out of the box or should I do something particular ?

Thanks !!

I didn't have to do anything special to make it work. I had paired it via bluetooth first and then plugged it in.

I didn't have to do anything special to make it work. I had paired it via bluetooth first and then plugged it in.
Ok but as I said, I don't want to use wireless (first because I don't have bluetooth on my computer), but use only wired connection using the lightning-usb cable...

I did now a couple things!
1. I did a second Drive with a new installation! Accound Mini Guide! Sound everything works, but not the mouse!
2. On my M2m sound is lost via 1220 it works via graphic card! Mouse is still not working correct! Battery Changed again and even with wire does not work correct!
I installed newest Lilu and apple alc QCquirks-for-designare-z390
IOReg shows that:
  • Mouse and Keyboard were connected to HS06 on rear IO panel, but then ejected.
  • Mouse and Keyboard were then connected to HS12 (internal USB 2.0 header on motherboard).
  • The connected devices are:
    • Logitech USB Mouse
    • Apple USB Keyboard
    • HP Mobile USB Optical Mouse
Questions:
  • Any reason to move mice and keyboard from external HS06 port to internal HS12 port?
  • Because 2 mice are connected, which one fails? Do they both fail?

Back