Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This is great! We are now one step closer to unraveling this mystery. It looks like there is a diskutil command somewhere in there which is messing things up as it is receiving malformed input data from somewhere earlier in the script.
This goes hand in hand with the output it generates: disk1s1
Given the string "disk1", the script will gather all disks that start with a "1" (before the "s" part that denotes the partition) and contain an EFI partition, which in your case are disk1s1 disk13s2 and disk14s1, matching up with your original results.

We now have to figure out where exactly the script starts going wrong. To this extent I have attached a slightly modified version of the EFIClone-v3 script that adds additional debug output. I have also completely removed the actual file synchronization part so it's completely safe to run as it has no way of messing with the filesystem anymore.
If you could run this script the same way as before using the Terminal and supply both, the terminal output as well as the newly generated log file, that would be much appreciated :)
OK, here's the terminal output and the log file.

Attachments

• modified eficlone-v3.rtf.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 60
  • EFIClone.log.zip
    753 bytes · Views: 74
I'm running CLover r4961 and am looking to get current (5103) and know there have been some changes I need to be aware of before updating. I've looked thru the threads on this post but was wondering of there was any guide somewhere
I may have missed for this update as I know things have moved around since r4961. I'm also aware that should replace replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeServices. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in Advance.

Geekbench 4 stats for my build., I have full functionality of the Fractal Designs R6 case, full Ethernet, and full hot swap on UAD Apollo's TB2 - TB3. I don't use sleep but it works. I did not follow this guide to the letter but I used many references from it. I would describe mine as a pure-ish Vanilla build. Thanks to all for the help and advice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 03.11.41.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 03.11.41.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 74
Is anyone still fiddling around with OpenCore?
I'm probably late to the party, but since my Hackintosh was running great for a long time, I decided I owed it to myself to ruin everything by playing around with a new boot-loader.

I'm using a z390 Ultra. I got most things working, but the emulated NVRAM doesn't seem to be doing its thing.
When I run the LogonHook.command from a terminal I get:

nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0080': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootOrder': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootNext': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0081': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0082': (iokit/common) data was not found
nvram: Error getting variable - '8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:Boot0083': (iokit/common) data was not found
File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: ./nvram.plist
Volume EFI on 105A7812-C962-4546-BF99-39140A14C593 mounted
Volume EFI on disk0s1 unmounted

It DOES seem to write the variables to the nvram.plist file, but it that file never seems to be read.
Anyone have any ideas?

Reboot, and, when you get to the clover screen, hit any key to stop the automatic booting. If you're booting from your USB stick, there will be an entry something like "boot macOS installer from (name of USB stick)". There may be another entry something like "boot macOS installer from (name of your Catalina drive". If so, that means only phase 1 of the install completed, and choosing that option will continue the install process. At the next reboot, try choosing your Catalina drive.
I kept plodding along and eventually got into a successful Catalina install. These Geekbench scores don't look very good compared to what I see above. (Geekbench 5 scores are not comparable to those obtained from Geekbench 4)

Current known issues:
Samsung T5 USB-C external drive not working through USB-C ports on the Designare.
RME UFX usb audio interface not being recognized by its software (TotalMix)...could be issue with RME software.

Attachments

• Messages Image(1164604649).png
    Messages Image(1164604649).png
    340.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Messages Image(1468887837).png
    Messages Image(1468887837).png
    306.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Geek bench 4 stats for my build, I have full functionality of the Fractal Designs R6 case, full ethernet, full hot swap on UAD Apollo's TB2 - TB3, I don't use sleep but it works, I did not follow this guide to the letter but I used many references from it, I would describe mine as a pure-ish Vanilla build. Thanks to all for the help and advice.

Hi,

Can you re-test with Geekbench 5.1 ?

Also, have you done any overclocking ?

Please try the following:
  • Shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF position for a full 10 seconds. This performs a "soft" CMOS reset.
  • Then use the attached config.plist and see if the boot process works.
Hey @CaseySJ, apparently that didn't worked.. after the reboot the computer still arrives inside the Clover Menu. In a precedent post you told me that "We should be able to fix this problem by using either:
  • OcQuirks.efi / OcQuirks.plist / FwRuntimeServices.efi or
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
...in combination with slide=0."

But after my reboot, I can't access to the OS anymore, so I can't modify the EFI. I just have the Clover Menu and can't quit it. To test the precedent process you adviced me, I restart the global process from the start. But how modify the EFI if I can't access the OS anymore ?

I kept plodding along and eventually got into a successful Catalina install. These Geekbench scores don't look very good compared to what I see above.

Current known issues:
Samsung T5 USB-C external drive not working through USB-C ports on the Designare.
RME UFX usb audio interface not being recognized by its software (TotalMix)...could be issue with RME software.

Your Geekbench score looks OK. Don't compare GB4 with GB5 results.

@heyelly You may want to give it a go, backup your system, and update WEG and remove the -wegoff boot arg and see if you have anymore idle or freeze issues that we were having before. I am currently back on dual DisplayPort monitors and had no issues after 10 mins I can give an actual overnight update tomorrow. But as it stands looks likes it functioning fine.
Dual Displayport from 5700XT to 2x 4k 3840x2160 60hz
It's working fine, it seems!

Hey HackiCrew and @CaseySJ

First up Casey thank you sooo much for all the hard work on this and your amazing support here. I’ve held off asking for support on 1 particular issues I’ve had since I followed your fresh Catalina install guide. I’m all up and running perfectly thanks to your guide!

The issue im struggling with is trying to get an Asus 10Gig NIC up and running. I’ve tried both the Asus XG-C100C & ROG AREION 10G and no matter what PCIE slot I put it in my Radeon Vii starts glitching out as soon as it gets past the Apple logo loading screen at boot. I can tell it’s booted as I can see the login screen but it’s as if I’m unplugging and replugging the monitors in constantly every second.

from google searching I came across this Kext patch but it doesn’t seem to help the issue.
Code:
Kext to patch
com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion

Find
6275696C 742D696E

Replace
62626262 62626262

Do you or anyone here know of a solution or anyone with similar issue or thread I can reach out too?

I’ve tried every combination of things I can think of (within my hackintosh knowledge) before reaching out here but I’m stumped now.

Thanks again crew, appreciate any help!

Back