Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @Chevron

Glad to hear the build went well! Regarding the maxed-out fans on Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580...
  • If SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml exists in your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, delete it and empty the trash.
  • Try enabling CSM Support in BIOS.
  • Because you're using FakeSMC at the moment, it most likely means you're running Mojave. Are you using the latest versions of Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC? For Mojave, these should be installed in both CLOVER/kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions.
    • It is necessary to run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache after making any changes to /Library/Extensions folder.
  • Merely switching to VirtualSMC will not affect fans. You are welcome to switch, but a full bootable backup should be made ahead of time. It may also be necessary to update Clover to latest version.

Thank you, this has significantly reduced the fans

Can somebady help me why my CPU is running at high Perfomance only using Firefox or just aber booting?!

Thanks

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-14 um 19.40.34.png

@CaseySJ boot log show screen resolution set 1600x1400; here is my boot log;
The boot log does show 1600x1200:
Code:
0:440  0:000  SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 1600x1200
0:478  0:037  Video mode change to mode #0: Success
Is this too high? Are you trying to switch to a lower resolution?

The IOReg tells us:
  • There's a 3TB Western Digital NAS drive on SS04
    • Let's call this Drive A
  • There's a 3TB Western Digital NAS drive on SS07(on one of the USB hub ports)
    • Let's call this Drive B
  • There's a Seagate Slim Backup Plus drive on SS07as well (on another port of the USB hub)
    • Let's call this Drive C
If you tried to copy two files with total size of 380GB, please tell me:
  • Which was the source drive (A or B or C) and which was the destination drive (A or B or C)?
I use several USB 3.0 enclosures for SSDs (such as this one). Each one contains a 256GB or larger SSD. I use Carbon Copy Cloner to backup my entire system via USB 3, and this has never failed.

The largest file-copy operation I performed was backing up a 5TB media drive to an external USB-connected hard drive. Total size of the transfer was about 4.5 TB. It never failed.

If you continue to encounter problems with file-copy, please try using a different USB enclosure for your hard drive. This is the process of elimination -- namely, we start replacing components until the problem goes away.

But if the problem continues, then we must look elsewhere. In this case it would be good to perform a fresh installation of macOS on a spare/temporary SSD and then attempt the same file copy operation on the brand new installation. Does it also fail?

Yet another option is to connect your external USB drives to a real Mac and attempt the same file copy operation. Does it also fail on a real Mac?

Thx for help me.... i tell you,the source its Drive A to Drive B....
Now i repeat the same transfer data in the same hdd and its all ok...
yesterday i tested in the Drive C SS07 TO Drive A SS04 with seagate Slim backup to other external portable usb and the same problem ejecting drive...but also in idle mode sometimes doing nothing the system eject drive...also when i put it sleep mode the system eject all usb drives...

Can somebady help me why my CPU is running at high Perfomance only using Firefox or just aber booting?!

Thanks
I have found that recent versions of Google Backup and Sync took up a lot of CPU time right after logging in. The version I have now (the latest available version) seems to have largely solved this problem, but I still need more time to make sure.

Try running Activity Monitor immediately after logging in to identify any high-CPU process(es).

Are you running latest Firefox?

Thx for help me.... i tell you,the source its Drive A to Drive B....
Now i repeat the same transfer data in the same hdd and its all ok...
yesterday i tested in the Drive C SS07 TO Drive A SS04 with seagate Slim backup to other external portable usb and the same problem ejecting drive...but also in idle mode sometimes doing nothing the system eject drive...also when i put it sleep mode the system eject all usb drives...
  • When you put the system to sleep, it will "uncleanly" eject USB drives. To prevent this, we have two options:
    • Reduce memory speed to max 2933MHz or 2666MHz. See Post #1:
      Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.59.45 AM.png
    • Use a utility like Jettison to cleanly eject external drives prior to sleep.

• When you put the system to sleep, it will "uncleanly" eject USB drives. To prevent this, we have two options:
    • Reduce memory speed to max 2933MHz or 2666MHz. See Post #1:
      View attachment 445002
    • Use a utility like Jettison to cleanly eject external drives prior to sleep.
my memory its 3200 maybe its the problem to eject drives?or only when go sleep mode¿

Greetings fellow hackintoshers;)

First of all a big thank you to the tonymac community which has allowed me to run several builds over the years, which I use for my work more than my regular Macs.

Specially @CaseySJ, I basically was able to upgrade to a Z390 fully functional build thanks to your guide. Many many thanks!

My build (Z390 Designare, i9-9900k, 64GB DDR4 3000, Radeon Vega Frontier Air) runs stable and functional (H264 rendering with FCPx, Thunderbolt 3 support, USB) with Mojave using your guide, installed on a SATA SSD.

I've now followed your Catalina fresh install guide, installed on an HP EX950 NVMe, my system appears to be running perfect though I experience occasional system total freezes (nothing to do except reset button).

Those can happen irrespective of what the computer is doing (so should be unrelated to overheating, I think). Only thing I've noticed is that I can't stream protected content (Netflix) on Safari. Console reports:

default 19:59:19.363959+0100 kernel [3:0:0] AMD Error:
default 19:59:19.363960+0100 kernel Failed HDCP: status 4

Has anyone experienced the same thing or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I don't care for HDCP at all. Just trying to achieve a reliable build on Catalina, as I have on Mojave. Attaching EFI folder, I am open to test any ideas,

Thanks

The boot log does show 1600x1200:
Code:
0:440  0:000  SetMaxResolution: found best mode 0: 1600x1200
0:478  0:037  Video mode change to mode #0: Success
Is this too high? Are you trying to switch to a lower resolution?
I am trying to get a correct resolution for 4K. If I use MiniDp to DP connection with RX560 it shows auto-correct resolution for 4K monitor. I don't get it why HDMI does not show correct resolution.

I have found that recent versions of Google Backup and Sync took up a lot of CPU time right after logging in. The version I have now (the latest available version) seems to have largely solved this problem, but I still need more time to make sure.

Try running Activity Monitor immediately after logging in to identify any high-CPU process(es).

Are you running latest Firefox?

Newest Firefox! Even all apps closed running often at highspeed

Back