Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hola hackintosh amigos Hope everyone’s finding success.

@CaseySJ have a question if I could.
I’ve been getting choppy audio from my case jack. While reading posts I noticed that it was mentioned Audio layout ID 11 is the preferred in this build so I went thru and looked at how it was mentioned to switch to layout 11 however since I’m using a different config file from what is in miniguide I don’t have the section that you mention to adjust to switch to layout 11.

when I look in hackintool or config file it shows my audio layout is set to “1”

was wondering if I could get pointed in the direction on how to adjust to diff audio layout please and thank you!

outside of that builds been working like a dream will be updating WEG/Lilu and others to see if fix to idle were addressed in this update and take back my other DP Io lol
The audio layout ID can also be changed as follows (if you don't have a Devices --> Properties entry):
Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 2.44.33 AM.png

its Dell P2715Q, worked perfectly fine with Mojave, connecting with DisplayPort.
I am using the same Dell P2715Q with my Asus X99 Deluxe II Hackintosh via DisplayPort connected to an AMD RX 580. With both Mojave and Catalina, there are no issues at all.

Some things to try:
  • Use latest WhateverGreen 1.3.6
  • Remove agdpmod=pikera
  • Try adding the Black Screen Patch in Clover Configurator:
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 2.56.34 AM.png
By the way, I still can't believe how good the Dell P2715Q is! It's an older monitor, but in my opinion it has better picture quality than both my Asus 27-inch Designo 4K and a more recent BenQ P2700U 4K. I was planning to replace the Dell with the BenQ, but ended up returning the BenQ and keeping the years-old Dell.

Ok, the problem was that I pressed the spacebar before being on "Boot MacOs from Mojave", so when I booted from it the Verbose was unchecked. I retried it and now this is what I got with your advices !
Okay, this should be easy to fix. Please post the following:
  • A screenshot of your CLOVER folder that shows the contents of CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.
  • Your config.plist
We should be able to fix this problem by using either:
  • OcQuirks.efi / OcQuirks.plist / FwRuntimeServices.efi or
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
...in combination with slide=0.

I followed the Catalina guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2046300) and got to "NOTE 2" of Step 2. Instead of being greeted with Catalina welcome screen, I got a reboot. Tried to boot into the Catalina drive and was quickly bounced back into the BIOS boot order screen.
Reboot, and, when you get to the clover screen, hit any key to stop the automatic booting. If you're booting from your USB stick, there will be an entry something like "boot macOS installer from (name of USB stick)". There may be another entry something like "boot macOS installer from (name of your Catalina drive". If so, that means only phase 1 of the install completed, and choosing that option will continue the install process. At the next reboot, try choosing your Catalina drive.

Okay, this should be easy to fix. Please post the following:
  • A screenshot of your CLOVER folder that shows the contents of CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.
  • Your config.plist
We should be able to fix this problem by using either:
  • OcQuirks.efi / OcQuirks.plist / FwRuntimeServices.efi or
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
...in combination with slide=0.
Thanks Casey ! Here are the config.plist (it's the one that you created for me lastly) and a screenshot of my Clover/drivers64UEFI

Attachments

• config-mazop89 (1).plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 82455201_769476666892871_4991760323129114624_n.jpg
    82455201_769476666892871_4991760323129114624_n.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
The audio layout ID can also be changed as follows (if you don't have a Devices --> Properties entry):
View attachment 444919

map I don’t believe this adjustment is what did it however I made this adjustment as well as I updated
Lilu/WEG/VirtualSMC/AppleALC

when I attempted to boot I got apple logo boot into black screen I had seen you mention a black screen fix possibly is itreferenceing this issue?

I am using the same Dell P2715Q with my Asus X99 Deluxe II Hackintosh via DisplayPort connected to an AMD RX 580. With both Mojave and Catalina, there are no issues at all.

Some things to try:
  • Use latest WhateverGreen 1.3.6
  • Remove agdpmod=pikera
  • Try adding the Black Screen Patch in Clover Configurator:
    View attachment 444921
By the way, I still can't believe how good the Dell P2715Q is! It's an older monitor, but in my opinion it has better picture quality than both my Asus 27-inch Designo 4K and a more recent BenQ P2700U 4K. I was planning to replace the Dell with the BenQ, but ended up returning the BenQ and keeping the years-old Dell.

you are right its picture quality is amazing. I am using it with Catalina, on my Designare via Radeon VII, it worked absolutely fine with Mojave.
I was also thinking to get the new LG Ultrafine 5K/4K but didnt observe much of a difference, the only difference may be the DCI P3 gamut.

I know this has been said many times here - but still a MASSIVE Thank You to CaseySJ for the excellent guide and Mac OS install. I really appreciate how well written it is, and in a way that a novice like me can both follow and learn at the same time. Stellar work

I have successfully built the rig, as per the setup in my signature, and it's working very well and everything important is working.

I have a few questions for later, but the most important thing for me to ask now is about the SapphireNitro+ RX580. It sounds like the the fans are gunning at max RPM, and it's pretty noisy. I am using FakeSMC and HWMonitor, I don't think I can see any RX580 fan speeds there.

How would I best proceed to get the fans under control? Would giving VirtualSMC a try be worth it?

Last edited:
The Seagate 2TB drive sounds like a 2.5-inch spinning hard drive, but it may be a low-power USB bus-powered device. The docks have their own power supplies.

Based on this, I would suggest:
  • Connect one dock to a red USB port.
  • The other docks/drives can stay where they are.
Ideally, if you are transferring large quantities of data between two USB drives, it's good to connect them to two different USB ports on two different hubs.

Note that these 4 ports (in red box) are all connected to one hub, which means they share the bandwidth of one USB port. So it's better to move high-bandwidth devices to different ports/hubs.

However, spinning hard drives are generally low bandwidth devices...

View attachment 444884
Hello, again. I tested new metod. I changed the USB connections and same problem. I tested by copying 2 files (380GB) in another HDD, and, after 20 min, the HDD is ejected. Any idea?? I'm send you a new IORegistry.

Attachments

• Yapi’s iMac.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 71
Hi all,

Wanted to add a couple data points based on the build I just completed.

1) Initially the bluetooth did not work with my Fenvi t919 but worked after removing USBInjectAll.

2) I have the version 1 of the OWC Thunderbay RAID enclosure, which is Thunderbolt 1 and it works perfectly. OWC updated it to Thunderbolt 2 at some point, but the name stayed the same, and I don't know if the previously reported working one was Thunderbolt 1 or 2.

A huge thank you to CaseySJ and others who have contributed to making this guide so great.

Back