Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I restarted and now it goes directly inside the boot menu with the following choices :
- Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
- Boot macOs Install Prebooter from Preboot
- Boot macOs from Mojave
- Boot Recovery from Recovery

If I choose "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot", there's a black screen with an apple and nothing happens.
If I choose "Boot macOs Install Prebooter from Preboot", there's shortly a black screen with an apple and right after a "no entry panel" logo.
If I choose "Boot macOs from Mojave", If I choose "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot", there's a black screen with an apple and nothing happens.

So I can't access to the EFI to put the "-1"
Try enabling Verbose like this:
  • At the Clover Boot Menu, press Spacebar.
  • Press down-arrow key until you get to the Verbose checkbox (first checkbox in the list).
  • Press Spacebar to toggle the checkbox on.
  • Press ESC to get back to the Clover Boot Menu.
  • Select Boot macOS from Mojave.
  • Now you will see lots of log messages. If the system freezes, take a photo and post it.

Hi, guys! It appears that Clover Boot Manager is not installed on my EFI partition on my main NVMe drive. But my drive just goes straight into Mojave. It was available when I was booting from the USB stick. Is there a simple way to get the boot manager on to the NVMe drive?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, guys! It appears that Clover Boot Manager is not installed on my EFI partition on my main NVMe drive. But my drive just goes straight into Mojave. It was available when I was booting from the USB stick. Is there a simple way to get the boot manager on to the NVMe drive?

Thanks in advance.
Please see Post-Installation instructions in Post #1 by clicking here. The second spoiler in that section, Post-Installation with MultiBeast 11.2.0, provides the details.

You will need to reset the BIOS again by shorting the pins and reconfiguring it again.

Yes! I'm doing it. And every time I enter BIOS settings with parameters in the spoiler, it shuts down (and it never go up).

EDIT: After some minutes off, it wake up finally. I'm creating now the USB installer from scratch (UniBeast).

Last edited:
Yes! I'm doing it. And every time I enter BIOS settings with parameters in the spoiler, it shuts down (and it never go up).

Have you tried connecting a video cable to both the iGPU and dGPU at the same time? It could be booting but outputting the signal on a different port to what you are connected to.

One question about USB creation procedure:

At the end of the guide to modifying config.plist (is a spoiler), it says that there is a EFI/CLOVERdrivers64UEFI folder, but my EFI folder, after Unibeast build, has not that folder. It has just a simple "drivers" folder.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-13 17.49.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-13 17.49.18.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2020-01-13 17.56.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-13 17.56.37.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 63
One question about USB creation procedure:

At the end of the guide to modifying config.plist (is a spoiler), it says that there is a EFI/CLOVERdrivers64UEFI folder, but my EFI folder, after Unibeast build, has not that folder. It has just a simple "drivers" folder.
No problem -- please continue to use the CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
  • The old Clover 4xxx uses CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
  • The new Clover 5xxx uses CLOVER/drivers/UEFI
Also note that you should not use AptioMemoryFix.efi. Instead, use the latest OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices from the ZIP file attached here. Just delete AptioMemoryFix.efi from CLOVER/drivers/UEFI and copy all three files from the attached ZIP into the same folder. You must have EmuVariableUefi.efi (or EmuVariableUefi-64.efi) as well.

Attachments

• OcQuirks-for-Designare-Z390.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 87
New versions of AppleALC, Lilu, WEG, VirtualSMC are out. Will test later this week.

Back