Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Checking my sound devices I found one little problem with 10000000 layout (layout16), my audio devices showing wrong names (headphone for green rear output jack), so I changed to 1B000000 (layout27) and the result is the below, all working, black rear, green rear, blue rear and green frontal

1577565903605.png

Checking my sound devices I found one little problem with 10000000 layout (layout16), my audio devices showing wrong names (headphone for green rear output jack), so I changed to 1B000000 (layout27) and the result is the below, all working, black rear, green rear, blue rear and green frontal

View attachment 442379

Did you actually tested all audio jacks for signal? Your screenshot shows 3x Line Out!! Which color jacks these are? You should have only 2x Line Out.

Please check this page too:

Try layout ID 11 too ;)

z390-designare-audio-layout-id-11-jpg.442370

Last edited:
So I just bought this motherboard, i9-9900K and a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. I used the mini guide for Catalina and worked great. I can't thank you enough for how easy this was.

Seems that I have found the most appropriate audio layout id for Designare. Please check this post:

Please check this post for full list of audio layout-id's:

Thank you — this is a commendable effort! I’ll test Layout ID 11 when I return from the holidays. Meanwhile, anyone so inclined is welcome to try it and report back.

So I just bought this motherboard, i9-9900K and a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. I used the mini guide for Catalina and worked great. I can't thank you enough for how easy this was.
Please let us know if you experience freezes after 5/6 minutes in idle

Just took a ride...looks like wake from sleep works...but I did notice my Sapphire fans are not working...while I try to figure that out. (I'll reboot once an handbrake encode finishes.)

Does anyone know if there's a way to control lighting on the board/ control fans? (I'm sure I'm asking a lot.)

So during boot, fans spin. Once OS X is loaded, they stop...not sure what to mess with, anyone else face this?

Last edited:
Glad to hear it! A Nitro+ 5700 XT — should you experience sudden reboots every 6-10 minutes of idleness, please try HDMI port and add “-wegoff” to boot arguments.

GPU fans normally come to a full stop and turn on around 60C.

You are partially right, I was using other version of OcQuirks, but now I tried with your version (-4.efi witch 26,208 bytes) and the problem still exists if I dont use MemoryAllocation.
Re-checking:
  • slide=0
  • OcQuirks-4.efi 26,208 bytes
  • FwRuntimeServices.efi 5,184 bytes
I think for me this MemoryAllocation.efi with this other 2 .efi solved the problem, btway I only used this build for less than 1 day without heavy load, if any problem related with memory allocations appears (freezes or wake from sleep problems) I will put a comment down here.
By now everything appears to be smooth as it should be
Interesting! So “MemoryAllocation.efi” is used in addition to another memory driver, not as a replacement. And you’re using “slide=0” instead of 1.

So there are some system configurations in which MemoryAllocation.efi is required. I wonder if it’s safe to have it installed by default? Will run some tests when I return from the holidays.

Interesting! So “MemoryAllocation.efi” is used in addition to another memory driver, not as a replacement. And you’re using “slide=0” instead of 1.

So there are some system configurations in which MemoryAllocation.efi is required. I wonder if it’s safe to have it installed by default? Will run some tests when I return from the holidays.
Well, for me if I get rid of it the boot stuck on "couldn't allocate runtime area error", so, for me it was absolutelly necessary.
If there is anyone going through the same problem I will let the file here (put inside CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI)

Attachments

• MemoryAllocation.efi
    2.1 KB · Views: 101
Back