Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Perhaps a future update of WhateverGreen will fix this. Have you tried downloading and building the latest WEG?
I already have 1.3.5 that should be the latest, if I am not wrong.

It might be worth trying the following (with RX 5700 XT installed):
  • Add boot argument radpg=15 and reboot.
If this fails, remove the radpg boot argument and:
  • Disable WhateverGreen by adding the boot argument -wegoff
  • Restart and check again.

Hey @CaseySJ so used the radpg=15 and got the same result again just like @heyelly

I then attempted with -wegoff and as it stands it’s been on for over 20 mins now Without a reboot, as @heyelly mentioned it does cause a loss of DisplayPort but only 2 of them the 2 that are to the left of the HDMI. I am still able to use HDMI and solo DisplayPort to the right of the HDMI.

So I assume this narrows down that the reboot issue is being caused by WEG?

If this continues to work it’s at least a temp fix and I’m still able to use dual monitors just instead of dual DisplayPort it’s 1 and 1. Until WEG gets and update and hopefully fixes :/

Hello - I am stuck with a stupid problem it seems. I boot into the installer all good and goto disk utility to format the brand new NVME drive (Kingston) and no matter which format and scheme I choose it instantly freezes at Creating Partition Map.

I had the similar issue with Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB until I updated the firmware. After firmware update issue was gone and it works really fine. Check that you have the latest firmware.

Hey @CaseySJ so used the radpg=15 and got the same result again just like @heyelly

I then attempted with -wegoff and as it stands it’s been on for over 20 mins now Without a reboot, as @heyelly mentioned it does cause a loss of DisplayPort but only 2 of them the 2 that are to the left of the HDMI. I am still able to use HDMI and solo DisplayPort to the right of the HDMI.

So I assume this narrows down that the reboot issue is being caused by WEG?

If this continues to work it’s at least a temp fix and I’m still able to use dual monitors just instead of dual DisplayPort it’s 1 and 1. Until WEG gets and update and hopefully fixes :/
Damn, I have 2 HDMI and 2 DP, both the DP don't work :(

Damn, I have 2 HDMI and 2 DP, both the DP don't work :(

The standard reference 5700 XT has 3 DP and 1 HDMI. So it looks like stops the left side input not the right side.

That’s lame it shuts down your DP :/
Let’s hope for a WEG update soon.
As it stands computer is still on and running going on 33 mins no reboot

There is not single case of a bricked motherboard because of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. The severity of the author's warning is totally inconsistent with reality. In other words, when someone screams the sky is falling but nothing of any kind happens to the sky month after month and user after user, what shall we think about the warning? This is the power of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Nevertheless, your drivers folder contains:
  • OcQuirks.efi
  • FwRuntimeServices.efi
  • MemoryAllocation.efi
Some questions:
  • Which version of OcQuirksare you using?
    • The standard release version from the Github website?
    • The one we built for this motherboard (OcQuirks4-efi)?
  • Does your system boot normally with just:
    • OcQuirks-4.efi (this is the special one tailored for Z390 boards)
    • FwRuntimeServices.efi
    • and slide=0
You are partially right, I was using other version of OcQuirks, but now I tried with your version (-4.efi witch 26,208 bytes) and the problem still exists if I dont use MemoryAllocation.
Re-checking:
  • slide=0
  • OcQuirks-4.efi 26,208 bytes
  • FwRuntimeServices.efi 5,184 bytes
I think for me this MemoryAllocation.efi with this other 2 .efi solved the problem, btway I only used this build for less than 1 day without heavy load, if any problem related with memory allocations appears (freezes or wake from sleep problems) I will put a comment down here.
By now everything appears to be smooth as it should be

Last edited:
I had the similar issue with Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB until I updated the firmware. After firmware update issue was gone and it works really fine. Check that you have the latest firmware.
No new firmware. Thanks for the suggestion

Seems that I have found the most appropriate audio layout id for Designare. Please check this post:

Please check this post for full list of audio layout-id's:

Last edited:
Back