Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ So tried to BOOT using my M2P slotted NVMe Main Clone- Same result as SSD.
about 10 mins of idle with no input and computer reboots back to clover menu.

Also tried, X.M.P- Disabled which dropped ram from 3200mhz to 2133mhz
Still gave me the same result as prior, 10 mins idle, reboot back to clover boot.

Im assuming the next item would be different GPU or iGPU test to see if its GPU causing the reboot after extended idle?

I may just grab another GPU tomorrow to test with rather than having to mess with BIOS and config to switch to iGPU

Anything else outside of that you would recommend I try? Was there anything within the EFI I shared yesterday that you would suspect?

Any thoughts on new clone and attempting to switch to OC?

do I still need to install windows first and update firmware for Thunderbolt to work in Mojave ?

hi @CaseySJ, I have almost same config as your's, everything works for me, but I have a little strange problem:

I can enter the sleep, and say, If my computer entered sleep at 3:01 pm, then no matter how long it sleeps, when I wake up the system, the system time still remains 3:01 pm, like time time as stopped when it enters sleep, this is really annoying, and I'm also tried with opencore, the result are exact same, system wake up, but time stopped moving on, and stop at exact time when it going to sleep.

I've attached the clover folder, please help me with this tiny annoying problem. Thank you~

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
@CaseySJ So tried to BOOT using my M2P slotted NVMe Main Clone- Same result as SSD.

Still gave me the same result as prior, 10 mins idle, reboot back to clover boot.

Im assuming the next item would be different GPU or iGPU test to see if its GPU causing the reboot after extended idle?

I may just grab another GPU tomorrow to test with rather than having to mess with BIOS and config to switch to iGPU

Anything else outside of that you would recommend I try? Was there anything within the EFI I shared yesterday that you would suspect?

Let us know if you try with the iGPU!

do I still need to install windows first and update firmware for Thunderbolt to work in Mojave ?
Windows is not needed at all for Thunderbolt to work on macOS. But if you plan to have a dual boot system, then it’s advisable to install Windows first and then macOS. Please see spoiler in Post #1 regarding tips for installing Windows.

hi @CaseySJ, I have almost same config as your's, everything works for me, but I have a little strange problem:

I can enter the sleep, and say, If my computer entered sleep at 3:01 pm, then no matter how long it sleeps, when I wake up the system, the system time still remains 3:01 pm, like time time as stopped when it enters sleep, this is really annoying, and I'm also tried with opencore, the result are exact same, system wake up, but time stopped moving on, and stop at exact time when it going to sleep.

I've attached the clover folder, please help me with this tiny annoying problem. Thank you~
for how long after the computer wakes up is the time frozen?

If iGPU is already enabled in BIOS then nothing needs to be changed there. Only need to set platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 and use one of your USB-C to DisplayPort cables. But fully remove the 5700 GPU.

Back