Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes it works with iGPU enabled. We just add shikigva and shiki-id to Boot Arguments. Please search this thread for "shiki-id" by member "CaseySJ" to find the settings. Or click below.
welcome back @CaseySJ thanks for replying, yes I tried shikigva(shikigva 32 and 40)and shiki-id. ATV just play for 1 second and stop.Imovie works fine though

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.5 KB · Views: 62
I have both computer and display set to never.

The first build I went thru, you mentioned most of these issues can be caused by USB port issues. So I made sure to include USB map files from “fresh install” folder as well as removed USBport.kext, and replaced it with USBinjectAll.kext but still occurring.
What is the make and model of your RX 5700 XT? @heyelly is experiencing the same issue. Wonder what components the two of you have in common...

What is the make and model of your RX 5700 XT? @heyelly is experiencing the same issue. Wonder what components the two of you have in common...
No issues at all in safe boot. My GPU is a Sapphire Nitro+, everything freezes after 5-6 mins. I think this is 99% GPU depending as I replaced almost everything else in my computer.

No issues at all in safe boot. My GPU is a Sapphire Nitro+, everything freezes after 5-6 mins. I think this is 99% GPU depending as I replaced almost everything else in my computer.
Have you tried an AMD RX 570, 580, etc.? Or the iGPU?

Have you tried an AMD RX 570, 580, etc.? Or the iGPU?
I didn't try anything else. I can try with the iGPU (but I need to replace the config.plist?) or with a GTX 770 which is natively supported.

I didn't try anything else. I can try with the iGPU (but I need to replace the config.plist?) or with a GTX 770 which is natively supported.
Please try the 770 first. Using iGPU requires switching platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 and enabling HDMI port. So the 770 is simpler.

Please try the 770 first. Using iGPU requires switching platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 and enabling HDMI port. So the 770 is simpler.
Okay, let me find my old MacPro 3,1 and disassemble it.

Do you guys have an alternatives z390 mobo model for this guide?

No issues with the 770.

Okay, let me find my old MacPro 3,1 and disassemble it.
In my case it was not the GPU. I've had the exact same issue.
If you had no issues in safe mode (wich means no external kexts are loaded?) wouldn't this exclude the GPU as it is nativly supported?
Not sure but in my case I suspected the 970 EVO plus, replaced it wit the 970 EVO Pro and at the end the Problem only disappeared as I changed the screen saver (in my case: Arabeske).

Back