Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Merry Christmas @CaseySJ and all fellow Z390 hackers. Feels like we have a nice little community here all our own.

Thanks for all the help over the last few months, love this machine and been getting a lot of joy out of it!

If I could share one thing that someone earlier in the thread told me - I turned off XMP and it’s really made my machine a lot more stable, no sleep/wake issues, no KPs, just pure bliss and no perceptible slowdown.

Hi everyone. I finally took the step and did the upgrade from 10.14.6 to 10.15.2 Catalina. I did it mostly for tha Apple TV app which I have for one year for free beacuse of my recently purchase of iPhone 11. I did what the guide was sugggesting in the 1st post but I have a few issues so far and I would like your help. Messages app after a few trials and errors its finally working with my iPhone. Facetime isn't working and I can't see incoming calls live on my desktop. Also Apple TV isn't working either. It open the episodes from various tv series and after a few secs it closes automatically. I have authorize ofc my system from my account. I checked also from Videoproc that I have native support with h264/h265 and I ran a few benchmarks with Geekbench 4/5 to compare them with my previews installation of Mojave. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2019-12-25 at 5.42.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-25 at 5.42.19 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Hi everyone. I finally took the step and did the upgrade from 10.14.6 to 10.15.2 Catalina. I did it mostly for tha Apple TV app which I have for one year for free beacuse of my recently purchase of iPhone 11. I did what the guide was sugggesting in the 1st post but I have a few issues so far and I would like your help. Messages app after a few trials and errors its finally working with my iPhone. Facetime isn't working and I can't see incoming calls live on my desktop. Also Apple TV isn't working either. It open the episodes from various tv series and after a few secs it closes automatically. I have authorize ofc my system from my account. I checked also from Videoproc that I have native support with h264/h265 and I ran a few benchmarks with Geekbench 4/5 to compare them with my previews installation of Mojave. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you do a clean install off the mini guide It should work (it does for me) . Sorry no expert here that's all I have . I have the i9-9900KF (no IGPU)

Hello MISTER @casey !!
First of all, merry Christmas !
You said you have an eGPU connected to one of the TB3 ports. I have one, too. But I don't see in the menu bar the connection-disconnection icon for this eGPU. Do you have it ?
Furthermore, you note the need, with an MSI 5700, to install from iGPU. This is it confirmed, or can we still try the installation from this discret (because my friend has a processor without iGPU (9900KF) ?
And you, do you have a Sapphire?
Thank You !!

I have this GPU (the msi gaming xt and it wouldn't install with the mini guide (avoid this card). I got it to instal by borrowing a compatible card) - I have the KF

Guys, is anyone experiencing issues with the stop? If I leave the computer on for a couple of hours, it is impossible to wake it up - actually the computer is up and running with no video signal. I have to turn it off manually and power on again to be able to work. Any ideas?

I would suggest doing a fresh install with the mini guide. I did this and the system works and wakes fine (have tested for several days on and it always wakes up) sleep is perfect

@CaseySJ long time lurker but first time poster... I spent a lot of time on the NVRAM problem last night, but this morning I had a breakthrough. for our Z390 boards, nvram doesn't seem to be broken at all, but the default setting in the config.plist DisableVariableWrite seems to be = YES - I set this to NO, restarted, and was able to nvram -c via terminal and other stuff I wasn't able to do before. Now OC retains boot device preferences, and I can stop fidgeting. Hope this helps somebody else.

Hi Casey, long time no see, hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas.

I had this little issue that wasn't really annoying but now it has become something that I need to look into.

Got some audio dropouts here and there, with the usb connection which it seems to be overloading.

I looked into console and I got this, maybe you can help me figure out because I don't have this problem on Windows.

From time to time audio goes out for a millisecond, little glitches, and sometimes I have to restart completely the sound card

20191225_174051.jpg

Still on 10.14.3

Clover Kext

20191225_174709.jpg

System Extensions

20191225_174726.jpg

Standard install from last time, always had this issue, no modification to clover, SSDTs or kexts, maybe you have an idea.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27 MB · Views: 90
@CaseySJ or anyone knowledgeable. I'm aware we have different boards but most of this thread is educational across the board so I come back here often.

Did anyone lose SATA when after your Catalina update? I get a panic/reboot if any of my SATA ports are enabled, even the empty ones. AHCI is fine to be on. I've tried moving my Mojave AppleAHCIPort to L/E and changing the version number to supersede the one in S/L/E but no luck there. I've tried in Kext/Other (I'm on Opencore but it's the same behavior same behavior as Clover).

I got it going once by adding AHCIPortHotplug to L/E via Hackintool but when I tried to repeat the process I got no joy.

Im going to keep searching but if there's a guide or nuance I'm missing feel free to drop a line. I'm on day 3. Happy Holidays y'all.

Also if you've seen this post on other threads then my apologies.

Hi Casey, long time no see, hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas.

I had this little issue that wasn't really annoying but now it has become something that I need to look into.

Got some audio dropouts here and there, with the usb connection which it seems to be overloading.

I looked into console and I got this, maybe you can help me figure out because I don't have this problem on Windows.

From time to time audio goes out for a millisecond, little glitches, and sometimes I have to restart completely the sound card

View attachment 442001

Still on 10.14.3

Clover Kext

View attachment 442006

System Extensions

View attachment 442009

Standard install from last time, always had this issue, no modification to clover, SSDTs or kexts, maybe you have an idea.

if you look at the mini guide he has (9) kexts in other. I would download his files and compare this to yours

I gave the unlocked MSR 0xE2 Register a test under Bios F8, Clover 5101 and Mojave 10.4.6.

I can now throw out OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and use FwRuntimeServices.efi and OcQuirks-4.efi.

The NVRAM indeed seems not native. When I delete EmuVariableUefi.efi, the system is not able to shut down and restarts very slowly. I also can not read/write a test variable to NVRAM - maybe because it does not shut down.

Back