Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

My God talk about destroying Xmas cheer. Everything gone.

How could the script delete ALL the attached drives, Time Machine, Boot Drive, CCC drive, spare drive. Everything. I tailed the log file and saw that it recognized the CCC backup drive, so I said if it deletes it must be deleting from that partition, and walked away after 15 minutes of wait, to return to a blank system.

As I said in the other thread this is ON me in the end.

But in the name of whatever God you have please REMOVE your script.

How could the script delete ALL the attached drives, Time Machine, Boot Drive, CCC drive, spare drive. Everything. I tailed the log file and saw that it recognized the CCC backup drive, so I said if it deletes it must be deleting from that partition, and walked away after 15 minutes of wait, to return to a blank system.

you can't blame someone else for you deleting all your backups. You are responsible for your own data

The script works fine for me and over 500+ other people that have said that they use it, no doubt there will be many many more who haven't commented that they use it. If you don't follow the guide on its use you have nobody but yourself to blame, that is why the guide exists. It is also good practice to have multiple backups and not have them all connected at the same time, again your own fault.

I take it that you will be more careful next time.

So after multiple attempts and failures at installing Mojave, I found that I needed to make some changes in Clover Bootloader > System Preferences. The two specific changes that i needed to make were:
1. The OS software version was defaulted to 10.10.10. I had to change this to the version of Mojave that i was installing (10.14.06). This let me proceed to the install mojave. From thereon, installing mojave was pretty smooth.
2. System integrity settings. I needed to enable a couple of check boxes. (will update the exact boxes checked once i capture screenshots).

I successfully managed to install mojave and migrate my old system to the new one. However, i am still facing severe stability issues where mojave keeps crashing/freezing. I have followed the post installation steps to the T. Not really sure what i need to do to fix this and get some stability. I am also not able to connect my audio interface (UAD Apollo twin MK2). But i guess i need to do some more research to get that working.

There have been multiple crashes while installing apps and while using the finder. I am guessing that this has something to do with my GPU performance (i think?); specifically horizontal lines or rays that appear while watching 4k content and random issues like the screen turning yellow with only the mouse cursor being normal.

I am attaching my EFI folder here. Any suggestions to what i need to do to get a more stable experience?

Are you on Clover? There are a lot drivers and kexts missing. Don't use AptioMemoryFix for example. Install Clover again with scripts (Ver. 5101) and try and compare my working EFI. (Little different to CaseySJ´s. I don't use SSDT for the USB Definition). IGPU has to be enabled in Bios. (Not Auto)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.7 MB · Views: 103
I update to Clover 5100 (from 49xx) with OcQuirks etc a week or so ago. Everything is running fine now - to start with the lower network port wasn't obtaining an IP address but that is working again now.

Yesterday I decided to update my backup bootable USB stick and tested booting from it. Everything seems to be working OK when I boot from it but I've just realised that I had the option to install RC Scripts enabled when I did the USB stick update.

Does this matter? In the mini guide it expressly states to uncheck the RC scripts option.
If so, is there an easy way to remove the scripts or do I need to delete the EFI Partition and then reinstall Clover to it?

Thanks.

Guys, is anyone experiencing issues with the stop? If I leave the computer on for a couple of hours, it is impossible to wake it up - actually the computer is up and running with no video signal. I have to turn it off manually and power on again to be able to work. Any ideas?

Guys, is anyone experiencing issues with the stop? If I leave the computer on for a couple of hours, it is impossible to wake it up - actually the computer is up and running with no video signal. I have to turn it off manually and power on again to be able to work. Any ideas?

Instead of powering the machine off and on again, have you tried just unplugging the video cable and replugging it back in again?
I had a similar issue with a Windoze machine a few years back and that was a quick fix at the time.

I render with either Arnold or Cycles. I used a friends pc to load a firmware update on to a USB key and updated from F6 to F8.
I’ve noticed some improvements (I was finally able to render a 100000 particle instanced forest of palm trees) so that may have been my issue. I am leaving town for the holidays so I can’t test Fusion till I get back.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this, but I just got back in town. So my computer after making the suggested changes now reboots randomly. Even sitting with a single browser window open.

you can't blame someone else for you deleting all your backups. You are responsible for your own data

I used the script and it didn’t touch the other connected drives

Instead of powering the machine off and on again, have you tried just unplugging the video cable and replugging it back in again?
I had a similar issue with a Windoze machine a few years back and that was a quick fix at the time.
I didn't try yet.

Back