Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I downgraded to F6 BIOS then back to the F8.
Unpluged: the Vega 56, Kraken X67, NVMe 970 Plus, WiFi card, fans.
Still still still same message!!
I’m desperate :rolleyes:

Otherwise, Mojave run very well..
The i9-9900KS is not supported on F6, but should work fine on F8. Do you have a “regular” 9th Gen CPU to test? For example: i5-9500, i7-9700K, i9-9900K.

Feel free to post it, but remove serial numbers from SMBIOS. Not sure why the config in Catalina Mini-Guide did not work so maybe there’s something significantly different in your EFI.

Here is the Final EFI I was able to get success with, I used F6 BIOS, if you'd like I can share the setting I used for BIOS, only modification I made was disabling VT-d

Attachments

• EFI-success.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.06.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.06.49 PM.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.08.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.08.21 PM.png
    72 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.08.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.08.28 PM.png
    152 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.08.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 9.08.35 PM.png
    82 KB · Views: 110
Here is the Final EFI I was able to get success with, I used F6 BIOS, if you'd like I can share the setting I used for BIOS, only modification I made was disabling VT-d
The build guide explicitly calls for disabling Vt-d.

The build guide explicitly calls for disabling Vt-d.

Yes I know. When I attempted the build using the mini guide, I kept getting CPU halt with the BIOS settings in Post #1, and I did have it disabled. But I could never succeed using the mini guide. So I used the first method that I had got success with, and it called for the EFI. I had a Settings Preset for my BIOS, but in those presets that the file would set VT-d was enabled. So I disabled it knowing that is a setting that should be turned off and was able to succeed with it. I used the patch, drivers, and kexts from the mini guide, but a different config file and succeeded so don't know what the difference between configs are.

Yes I know. When I attempted the build using the mini guide, I kept getting CPU halt with the BIOS settings in Post #1, and I did have it disabled. But I could never succeed using the mini guide. So I used the first method that I had got success with, and it called for the EFI. I had a Settings Preset for my BIOS, but in those presets that the file would set VT-d was enabled. So I disabled it knowing that is a setting that should be turned off and was able to succeed with it. I used the patch, drivers, and kexts from the mini guide, but a different config file and succeeded so don't know what the difference between configs are.

If you notice anything different between the config files and want me to test if something is working, let me know.

As it stands, I’ve been able to use everything without issue.

SMBIOS is on iMac Pro 1,1.

The i9-9900KS is not supported on F6, but should work fine on F8. Do you have a “regular” 9th Gen CPU to test? For example: i5-9500, i7-9700K, i9-9900K.
No, I don’t have regular i9.
I test, too, with a beta BIOS F9b. It still doesn’t work.
I don’t know what can I do.
Return to Amazon the motherboard? The CPU? :|

Anyone having issues with upgrading to 10.15.2 from 10.15.1? I've tried from System Preferences and get to a screen with an Apple logo and progress bar but eventually that crashes. Have never seen a boot option in Clover.

That being said, I can hard reset the machine and boot into 10.15.1 without any issues.

Just FYI - update worked fine once I had updated Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC.

If you notice anything different between the config files and want me to test if something is working Let me know.

As it stands I’ve been able to use everything without issue

SMBIOS is on iMac Pro 1,1
Some of the differences in your config.plist:
  • ACPI
    • All APCI Fixes are unchecked except FixRegions, FixMCFG, FixHeaders, HaltEnabler
    • PluginType is unchecked
    • All ACPI renames are disabled
  • Kernel and Kext Patches
    • AppleIntelCPUPM is unchecked
  • RtVariables
    • ROM = UseMACAddr0
    • No MLB specified
Native CPU power management is disabled.

No i don’t have regular i9
I test too with a beta bios F9b, still doesn’t works.
i don’t know what can I do.
Return to amazon the motherboard? The cpu? :|
Because this seems to be related directly to CPU and/or Motherboard (has nothing to do with macOS) I would urge you to contact Gigabyte Tech Support using their website. Tell them what CPU and motherboard you have, what firmware version is running, and the exact error message.
I downgraded to F6 BIOS then back to the F8.
Unpluged: the Vega 56, Kraken X67, NVMe 970 Plus, WiFi card, fans.
Still still still same message!!
I’m desperate :rolleyes:

Otherwise, Mojave run very well..
Wait...So macOS runs properly even when the error message appears?

see the reply from a Gigabyte Forum us:

Hi All,
I have a z390 designare with a 9900KS on F8 bios. My windows run very well but at the boot (gigabyte logo) during 2sec, i have this error message :

"Unsupported PCH SKU, LpcDeviceId: 0xA305 ! GPIO ERROR : Incorrect GpioPad used on this chipset (Group=5, pad=257) ! Failed to write GPIO - Invalid parameter "

Do you have a idea what is it?

Thanks for your support
Best

Response:
"Update the BIOS to f9b on tweaktown's beta bios page.
If this still does not fix the issue, RMA this motherboard immediately.
You have a corrupt or wrong PCIE firmware of some sort. How long have you had this motherboard and have you upgraded any firmwares manually?"

So, I receive a new one tomorrow... :)

Back