Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks Casey
this is my clover and a pic of a error message at the bios boot. have you ever seen that?
really thank you for your help
-S
Sam,

Have you resolved this? I’ve never seen this error, but I would suggest re-flashing F8 firmware or doing a CMOS reset. In both cases, all BIOS parameters have to be configured again.

Modest contribution...

The memory is well recognized in 4 sticks of 32GB.
I used the hairyconipiton technique.
Is this with OpenCore?

Sam,

Have you resolved this? I’ve never seen this error, but I would suggest re-flashing F8 firmware or doing a CMOS reset. In both cases, all BIOS parameters have to be configured again.
All right I test it right now!
is it better flashing bios "fast" or "intact" ?

I am still on F6 with OC. Everything seems to work great. You can still use F12 in BIOS to boot to Windows. So far I can see lots of positives - e.g., long term sleep works flawlessly for the first time. It mostly worked with Clover, but I had occasional wakes in the middle of the night (with screens staying dark). Like @CaseySJ I miss some of Clover's bells and whistles, but not much.
Long term sleep works reliably? That’s good news! Others are encouraged to check this as well so we can get more data points. Just let the system sleep overnight if you can...

Hey @digumo and @CaseySJ - I checked the BIOS stuff and didn't see any discrepancies (or anything else that seems like an obvious candidate for a reason why bootup is so slow.

Non-kernel things like restoring apps - is that a likely cause?
Would you like to try OpenCore?? :)

I do not understand at all. I'm looking on the Internet but it's too technical for me. :(

I specify that it is at the very beginning of starting the computer (Gigabyte Logo).

Attachments

• 30512EC8-02A8-4BD1-99DA-CE85DE2D1AF4.jpeg
    30512EC8-02A8-4BD1-99DA-CE85DE2D1AF4.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Okay, restart is still not working. It takes two presses of the reset switch to reboot.
I've attached what I hope are the proper problem reporting files if any one wants to look.
But I did see this, but IDK how to edit the cupsd time:
Dec 22 13:13:50 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd): Service has increased maximum shutdown time to 65 seconds. This will create a poor experience for the user.

I downgraded to F6 BIOS then back to the F8.
Unpluged: the Vega 56, Kraken X67, NVMe 970 Plus, WiFi card, fans.
Still still still same message!!
I’m desperate :rolleyes:

Otherwise, Mojave run very well..

Back