Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ: I want to thank you again for this amazing guide! I built my Hackintosh in July this year with little to no experience only because of the confidence in your guide. It was mid season for me as a wedding photographer, so that says a lot in the confidence I had. But my iMac mid 2011 was near it’s end, so I had to do something. From nearly day one it was my new working machine and I gave it no rest. Did a few supplemental updates without any hiccups, but then kept it as it was because of too much work.
Wonderful -- glad to hear it!!
A tip for anyone: read the guide a few lines before you start. Take it step by step, and read carefully. Check afterwards and you will have no problems!
I've made this corny remark before, but it's worth repeating: The tiniest of details can have the mightiest of consequences. The devil truly is in the details.

Me make tutorial video on youtube hope can help everyone
Hello @zabidiali

This is just awesome -- thank you for making it!

I know it took a lot of time to do this, but I do have some constructive feedback ;)
  • At the 0:45 mark we should select the parent name of the USB flash disk. When we click Eraseonly then will we see three options:
    • Name
    • Format
    • Scheme <--- this is missing in the video
  • When showing the CLOVER folder, we see several config.plist files, but the ZIP contains only two:
    • config-AMD-GPU.plist
    • config-Internal-GPU.plist
  • It would be good to open one of these, navigate to SMBIOS to show the empty page, then click the pop-up and select iMac19,1.
    • Then copy Board Serial Number to RtVariables --> MLB, and click "Generate" under RtVariables --> ROM.
Thanks again!
@zabidiali

Not to put any pressure on you, but if you do make the changes mentioned above, I'll be happy to link this video directly in the Catalina Mini-Guide.

@CaseySJ
"we can use either a 2-way or 4-way splitter"
Thanks. Didn't know that. Just used the usb dongle from my previous build. Maybe order this later. Allthough my build is so clean inside the case. Maybe just leave it this way. ;)
I had been using a BT dongle for some time, but sometimes my Magic Trackpad would Magically disconnect then reconnect, and it often wouldn't automatically reconnect upon wake from sleep. I finally tired of that and put out the money for the Fenvi T919. as many here have experienced, it is flawless. the trackpad now never randomly disconnects, and is always connected upon wake from sleep and upon cold startup or reboot.
go ahead and buy a USB splitter and you'll be happy.

Yes I have that OCD affliction as well!

Lol looks like this now. Tight fit.
Agree with jrebergen. If you follow this guide you almost can't screw it up. Thanks for the help @CaseySJ
WhatsApp Image 2019-12-09 at 13.50.08.jpeg

@faithie999
Dongle Cn524 works. Maybe if I encounter problems I will buy the splitter. Thanks!

Please try the attached CLOVER folder with either 2 or 4 DIMMs installed.
Casey, you are the man.
It worked like charm. I'll save the EFI FOLDER as a backup.
Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 7.48.21 PM.png

I really appreciate your help!
I will install Catalina in the future, I can't right now because I use Adobe Fireworks a lot.
THanks
Fab

Great! I'm on OC now, everything working great so far. I really hope someone with enough DSDT knowledge can figure out how this all works! Also, I'm booting with FwRuntimeServices.efi right now, but there's no nvram.plist on my /EFI/ partition, and with my nvram vars surviving a reboot, that means I have native NVRAM, right?
Your DSDT did a trick of unlocking native NVRAM via Open Core 0.5.3! I upgraded BIOS to F8, but this would probably work in F6. Let's see how it goes. Few minor things do not work for me. I can't boot Windows from the picker menu and I can't find the way to set the default boot partition, so I can hide the picker altogether. Thanks again for sharing.

Hello CaseySJ.

Mojave 10.14.6 on my main system has been unable to shutdown ever since I got it working. The addition of EmuVariableUefi.efi or EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (with slide=0 in config.plist, I am using Clover 4920) nearly always result in the prohibitory symbol when attempting to boot into Mojave. Without one of them Mojave refuses to shutdown and would just restart. I was resigned to powering the system off using the power button.

However, with the release of the 2 new files OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServes.efi, together with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, have finally resolved the shutdown issue on my system. Just put them into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, reboot and the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your excellent work.

Your DSDT did a trick of unlocking native NVRAM via Open Core 0.5.3! I upgraded BIOS to F8, but this would probably work in F6. Let's see how it goes. Few minor things do not work for me. I can't boot Windows from the picker menu and I can't find the way to set the default boot partition, so I can hide the picker altogether. Thanks again for sharing.
Haha great to hear you got it to work. I'm still asking the guy about his patches, I found a list that summarizes what his patches are, but there's no way of telling what they actually do:
  • FIX ACPI ERRORS
  • FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS
  • REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES
  • HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER
  • SATA
  • DMAC
  • REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES
  • FIX K.P in REBOOT
  • SLPB
  • DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015
  • XHCI
  • PLUGIN TYPE
  • HDAS to HDEF
  • HDEF
  • REAL TIME CLOCK
  • ARTC
  • IRQs
  • SBUS
  • BUS1
  • MCHC
  • ALS0
  • SHUTDOWN
  • LAN
  • FWHD
  • USBX
  • PMCR
  • PPMC
  • XSPI
  • CNVW
  • GMM
  • IMEI
  • EC
  • PNLF
  • ARPT
  • GFX0
  • NVME
  • DTGP
  • ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF
  • MUTEX MUT0 0x00
  • EXTERNAL REFERENCES
  • UNKNOWNOBJ
  • HDMI / HDAU
  • FULL RENAMED DEVICES
I went ahead and looked through the DSDT myself, to remove stuff like mentions of a Lid and the Ambient Light Sensor, as I don't think I need those. I checked to see if the EC device and DTGP are present, and included the UIAC v7 USB SSDT in the DST (so I just need one file).
@totototo I'll upload that one, with my new config.plist which allows for booting w/o UsePicker, straight to macOS even though I also have a Win10 partition

The Fenvi FV-T919 provides both Bluetooth 4 and WiFi 5 (802.11ac). WiFi data is transferred over PCIe, but Bluetooth data is transferred over USB 2. We only have to connect the supplied Bluetooth cable to F_USB header on motherboard. To connect more than one device to F_USB, we can use either a 2-way or 4-way splitter:
Those are hubs.

Remember that each 9 port USB 2.0 header is actually two 5 pin connectors / USB 2.0 ports (only 4 pins are required).

The second item is two 4 port USB hubs connected to the two F_USB ports so you can connect eight USB 2.0 devices.

The first item is a single 4 port USB hub so you can connect four USB 2.0 devices to it.

The first item appears to waste one of the USB 2.0 ports of the F_USB header. The wasted F_USB port doesn't matter if you need to exclude a USB 2.0 port to be under the 15 port limit. If you want to save the port (for Windows maybe) then you should use the second item, or buy a couple 5 pin cables or any other 4 or 5 pin solutions that will fit (make sure they are connected the correct way).

Hi @CaseySJ,

(Sorry, my English is poor. The following is Google Translate. I hope you can understand it.)

I encountered a problem when the BIOS->IGPU->Enabled booted When loading the system to the 4/3 progress, the display will flash. Sometimes can enter Catalina, sometimes it will enter a black screen.

This happens only after the computer is turned off and then on, Sometimes enter a black screen sometimes not, This problem is not only on CATALINA, but also on Mojave, I don’t understand why this happens.

I tried to solve the black screen problem and found 2 cases;

①: check -v Boot Arguments flag can enter Catalina

②: When ① cannot be resolved, BIOS->IGPU->Disabled can enter Catalina. After restarting BIOS:Enabled IGPU again i can still enter Catalina.

I think this problem is caused by LG UltaFine 5K?

Here's my spec:

Intel Core i9-9900K
GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
AREZ-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING
Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB
Corsair LPX 16Gx2 3200 ddr4 * 2
LG UltaFine 5K(2019)

Last edited:
Back