Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Here's another LastBoot.txt from a Z390/Mojave (BTW, I have multiple HD connected)

Attachments

• LastBoot.txt
    90.5 KB · Views: 125
You may use the Catalina Mini-Guide with the RX 5700 XT installed. Just pretend it's an RX 560 and follow the instructions for RX 560. I plan to revise the Mini-Guide over the weekend so no one has to pretend anymore!
Awesome thanks

Yes, try disabling the Onboard LAN Controller.

To Anyone Reading this on their Z390 Designare or their Z390 AORUS Xtreme:
  • In order to troubleshoot something for the new Gigabyte X299X Designare, we'd like to take a look at the first 600 lines of the kernel boot log.
  • Need a handful of volunteers to run the following line in Terminal and post the resulting file LastBoot.txt from the Documentsfolder:
    • log show --predicate "processID == 0" --last boot | head -600 > ~/Documents/LastBoot.txt
  • It would be ideal if we can get at least two Z390 Designare owners and at least one Z390 AORUS Xtreme owner to run this command.
Here's mine Casey (Z390 Designare)

Attachments

• LastBoot.txt
    89.9 KB · Views: 195

• In order to troubleshoot something for the new Gigabyte X299X Designare, we'd like to take a look at the first 600 lines of the kernel boot log.
  • Need a handful of volunteers to run the following line in Terminal and post the resulting file LastBoot.txt from the Documentsfolder:
    • log show --predicate "processID == 0" --last boot | head -600 > ~/Documents/LastBoot.txt
  • It would be ideal if we can get at least two Z390 Designare owners and at least one Z390 AORUS Xtreme owner to run this command.

here you go

Attachments

• LastBoot.txt
    92.5 KB · Views: 91
Hello Guys !

I had a working hackintosh, everything worked fine except DRM content playback and iGPU. Wanting to fix that, I made a mistake by changing my EFI folder and everything fall apart. I had a backup backup but it seems this EFI don't work anymore too. Anyway.
I used CaseySJ Mini-Guide for Direct Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2034529) to make a bootable USB key with a brand new EFI, to boot on my Macintosh HD partition. I followed it thoroughly, clover appears. When I select my "Macintosh HD" partition, the apple logo appears, and 5 to 10 seconds later, the screen turns black. BUT I know the hackintosh is on and on the login page because if I press any key on my keyboard, I can hear sound. So the matter is just about the GPU. (which is a Radeon VII)

By any chance, do you know what's going on?
Thanks.

Well, when I disable onboard LAN it's actually worst, now it crash even on my NVMe drive.

To anyone : Thank you for helping me with this !

Here you go!

Attachments

• LastBoot.txt
    92.8 KB · Views: 102
Still need more? Z390 Designare w/o iGPU

Attachments

• LastBoot.txt
    90 KB · Views: 225
Well, when I disable onboard LAN it's actually worst, now it crash even on my NVMe drive.

To anyone : Thank you for helping me with this !
I've examined the LastBoot logs from 6 users (thanks to everyone who contributed) and the pattern is clear:
  • MacOS initializes the following three devices at about the same time (in multiple threads):
    • USB Controller
    • Thunderbolt Controller
    • NVMe Controller
  • Z390 Designare does not have a 10Gb Ethernet so there's no mention of that in the log.
  • Tentative conclusion:
    • Thunderbolt Controller is not the cause of the kernel panic.
I'll check a few more things soon and provide an update. These X299 boards are not easy to configure!

Back