Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes, USBInjectAll must be present.

You can perform a controlled experiment by removing just those two files and rebooting. Do the USB ports come back?
Yes, but only when I un-clicked the the USB Port Limit Patch and placed the USBInjectAll.kext back. Do I understand you correctly that I should try removing the files and not turn on the USB PLP?

Just tried the updated files in mini guide and just get a bunch of verbose till it stops on service exited with abnormal code: 1 there is a lot more “coreAudioChannelIid” code in the verbose than normal. Still can’t get to the install GUI using the config and patches/drivers. Created the install usb from scratch too just to make sure it wasn’t the OS download. Or USB build that was an issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 47
Yes, USBInjectAll must be present.

You can perform a controlled experiment by removing just those two files and rebooting. Do the USB ports come back?
I’m thinking about deleting all of the ports on the front of the case SS08, HS10, to reduce the number of ports down to below fifteen without running the risk of deleting needed connections for the wifi card and Titan Ridge. If I only have the ports on the back connected, this should be possible. I would then get a USB3 hub to plug into the back to reclaim the missing ports. Let me know what you think of this idea.

Hi guys, let me just add my experience.
I am running into this "Service exited with abnormal code: 1" error when I try to load the installer, I followed every single point of the mini guide for Catalina 10.15.1 (fresh install) with no luck. My Sapphire RX5700XT is connected to a Benq PD2700 through DP cable.
I'm pretty confident we will find a solution for this as the same GPU is working perfectly on a Ryzentosh with a Asus X570-E I built last week so... let's keep trying!
Greetings from Italy!

Attachments

• IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
@CaseySJ I have to come back to you with another issue.

I had my "system" fully running and had 1 m.2 nvme ssd conneted for Catalina.
1 SSD and 2 HDDs by SATA.
Everything was recognized fine and was usable.

Now I've disconnected all drives, installed the second m.2 nvme in the second slot and then I've installed Windows10 on it. After that I've connected again all drives and in Windows I can see all my disks.

But when I boot now in Catalina I can just see the Catalina NVMe disk

What I've tried so far is to remove the Windows NVMe, but no success.

@CaseySJ I have to come back to you with another issue.

I had my "system" fully running and had 1 m.2 nvme ssd conneted for Catalina.
1 SSD and 2 HDDs by SATA.
Everything was recognized fine and was usable.

Now I've disconnected all drives, installed the second m.2 nvme in the second slot and then I've installed Windows10 on it. After that I've connected again all drives and in Windows I can see all my disks.

But when I boot now in Catalina I can just see the Catalina NVMe disk

What I've tried so far is to remove the Windows NVMe, but no success.

You are aware that you lose SATA ports when using the m2 slots? It's in the manual.

My in-place upgrade from Mojave to Catalina has been wonderfully solid. If you're experiencing random beach balls you may try:
  • Option 1: Look for a Pattern.
    • Does the crash happen with a particular web browser?
    • Which specific applications are failing to load? Are they 32-bit apps?
    • Were any new kexts added to /Library/Extensions?
    • If you don't use any apps and just boot the system and leave it alone, does it still crash?
  • Option 2: Process of Elimination.
    • Disconnect all external devices except keyboard and mouse.
    • Does it help?
    • Were any new applications installed after the upgrade?
  • Option 3: Boot from the Mojave bootable backup disk.
    • Connect your Mojave bootable backup disk and log back into Mojave.
    • Use various apps to make sure the system is still as stable as you remember it.

I started off by opening just Apple applications: Notes, iMessage and Calendar. All good. But then I got the freezes right away as soon that I opened the Apple TV app. Which makes me suspect that is related to my graphic card (GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon RX 580).

I will do some further testing. Thanks!

You are aware that you lose SATA ports when using the m2 slots? It's in the manual.
Yes I've checked that, but also as they are available in Windows it should be fine.

All these not anymore recognized disks are exFat

Yes, but only when I un-clicked the the USB Port Limit Patch and placed the USBInjectAll.kext back. Do I understand you correctly that I should try removing the files and not turn on the USB PLP?
Let's try this:
  • First make a list of the active USB ports in your system by attaching a USB 2 device to each port and running Hackintool to determine the name of the port. Then attach a USB 3 device to each port and repeat. If you have any USB-C ports, attach a USB-C device and obtain the port name in Hackintool.
    • To make this list, it's necessary to activate all USB ports by (a) removing any custom USB SSDT or USB kext, (b) activating the USB Port Limit patch, and (c) keeping USBInjectAll.kext.
  • Post the list here.
  • We'll take the next step afterwards.

Back