Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This seems to be a somewhat common problem. Most users shut down their systems daily, so there aren't many complaints of long-term sleep issues. I'll see what happens on my system, but in a previous long-term sleep test, it also woke after a day or so.

I had random wake issues until I switched my SMBIOS to iMac19,1 (from 18,3), settled on ocquirks-4/FW as my memory driver, and fixed my pmset settings (hibernatemode=0 and standbydelaylow/standbydelayhigh=864000 - that's changing 1 day to 10 days, even though that setting shouldn't ever be used at all with hibernatemode=0).

I just looked and my system has been up for 7 days with 51 total sleep/wake cycles, per the pmset logs. (Some of those sleeps were >24 hours in length, too.)

1. You're using Platform ID 0x3E920000, but you should be using 0x3E9B0007.
  2. You're using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 which uses Intel Xeon processors (no iGPU). Have you tried using iMac18,3 or iMac19,1?
Try #1 first by itself. If it does not help, then try both #1 and #2 together.

ok i changed platform id and smbios to imac 19,1 and same problem,when i login the left monitor
makes a flash and has much more brightness..
i recorded this video to check ....
Captura de pantalla 2019-12-03 a las 23.36.42.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-12-03 a las 23.36.54.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-12-03 a las 23.37.02.png

Hi all is it better to use a 9900k or 9900KS ? I am buying a new system and can save 50$ with the KS. Thanks for the advice!

Hi all is it better to use a 9900k or 9900KS ? I am buying a new system and can save 50$ with the KS. Thanks for the advice!
The KS is pre-overclocked to 5.0 GHz. The choice is yours because both CPUs are supported (may need Firmware F7 or F8).

Question on the CCC Boot volume backup methodology - I am using the 2nd volume home folder scenario as described by @Thaigyver, but because the User is located on a different volume, the CCC Backup does not see it when I backup the Boot volume. I assume the OS is using sym links to connect itself to the folder in the other volume. Is there a way to force CCC to follow the links? or what is best methodology to do this? Thanks in advance

Question on the CCC Boot volume backup methodology - I am using the 2nd volume home folder scenario as described by @Thaigyver, but because the User is located on a different volume, the CCC Backup does not see it when I backup the Boot volume. I assume the OS is using sym links to connect itself to the folder in the other volume. Is there a way to force CCC to follow the links? or what is best methodology to do this? Thanks in advance
This requires separate CCC backup jobs. The nice thing is that we can backup the System disk to a smaller destination disk and set a different backup schedule.

What I am doing on my system with separated System and Home disks:
  • I use CCC to backup the System disk (including EFI) to a 256GB SATA SSD.
    • This backup is done quickly and can be used to boot the system at any time.
  • I use Acronis TrueImage to backup the entire system (System + EFI + Home) to a Netgear ReadyNAS network storage server.
    • I run this on a less frequent schedule.
    • TrueImage can backup multiple disks (and all the partitions in those disks) together into a single backup.
    • CCC can only backup one disk at a time (which includes all the partitions of that disk).

The KS is pre-overclocked to 5.0 GHz. The choice is yours because both CPUs are supported (may need Firmware F7 or F8).
Sorry I meant KF the one without the GPU.

Sorry I meant KF the one without the GPU
That will also work, but you may need to use iMacPro1,1. Keep in mind that Sidecar in Catalina will not work with iMacPro1,1.

I have not tested these updates yet, but I'm curious:
  • If you copied the next kexts to /Library/Extensions I assume you run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache?
  • What Boot Argumentsare you using?
    • Any agdpmod arguments?
    • Any shikigva and/or shiki-id arguments?
    • If so, have you tried removing them temporarily?
The only boot arguments I have are
dart=0
slide=0
debug=0x100
keepsyms=1
darkwake=0

And thanks for the help, too. Awesome work in the thread.

@CaseySJ, I used the config you sent over to try to finish the install with the iGPU; I get to the same area; and then goes grey screen. I hit “setup later” for iCloud and kicks to a grey screen. This time it gave me verbose on the back end though.

Could this be anything of a bad install?

I also now have a RX 560. I maybe try and install with the 560 then jump to the 5700 XT. But I would think if it’s something graphics related it wouldn’t bring me to the welcome screen or to setup anything.

If I try to boot Clover for a clean install it gets stuck on Apple screen with a discolored status bar and doesn’t jump to install GUI.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 51
Back