Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Question, is the wake for network access being unchecked still necessary? I only ask because I sometimes need to remotely access my machine and obviously this doesn’t work once the machine is asleep. I understand it can slow WiFi connection, but since I also have an Ethernet connection, I shouldn’t necessarily need to worry about this...correct? Anyway, thanks as always.

Question, is the wake for network access being unchecked still necessary? I only ask because I sometimes need to remotely access my machine and obviously this doesn’t work once the machine is asleep. I understand it can slow WiFi connection, but since I also have an Ethernet connection, I shouldn’t necessarily need to worry about this...correct? Anyway, thanks as always.
If slow WiFi after wake is not a concern, then it's okay to enable Wake for Network Access.

Suggestions:
  • Backup the existing CLOVER folder before making the following changes.
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other:
    • Delete CPUFriend.kext
    • Delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
    • Delete NoVPAJpeg.kext
    • Delete HibernationFixup.kext (or try updating to 1.3.1)
    • Update Lilu to 1.4.0 (released 13 hours ago)
    • Update WhateverGreen to 1.3.5 (released 13 hours ago and needs Lilu 1.4.0+)
    • Update AppleALC to 1.4.4 (released 13 hours ago)
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
    • Delete SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-SLOT2-V2.aml (it's causing ACPI parsing errors on boot)
@CaseySJ I have installed the updated Lilu, WEG and AppleALC kexts. I also installed the Updated USB port limit patches. Why the USB SSDT stopped working... any thoughts on that? I have removed the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-SLOT2-V2.aml. A new head scratcher, see the attached. Two OS Drives (Catalina 10.15.1 WD) in the finder window but only one on the desk top...
Additional attachment of the SSDT for USB
Still looking for a solution for sleep/restart after sleep from the attached ThunderBay4

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 7.56.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 7.56.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 7.57.53 PM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml.zip
    814 bytes · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ Strange bug here... When I connect my iPad Pro or iPhone pro to any of the usb-c ports (the 2 ports in the back and the front panel of Phanteks Evolv X) My system does not recognise them. Strange is that I can connect on the same ports my usb 3.1 card reader, and they are recognised in in ioRegistryExplorer as usb 3.1.

But when I connect my iPad or iPhone I only get power but not connection and nothing happens on ioRegistryExplorer as well.

Any help? Thanks!
This happens because the cable supplied by Apple is a USB 2.0 cable instead of USB 3.0. Because we have disabled USB 2.0 on both of the Thunderbolt (USB-C) ports on the rear IO panel, it means no USB 2.0 device will connect.

We can buy cheap USB 3.0 cables such as this:
But I'm not aware of any Lightning to USB 3.0 cable, so the iPhone 11 Pro should be connected to a regular Type A USB port.

@CaseySJ I id install the updated Lilu, WEG and AppleALC kexts. I also installed the Updated USB port limit patches. Why the USB SSDT stopped working... any thoughts on that? I have removed the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-SLOT2-V2.aml. A new head scratcher, see the attached. Two OS Drives (Catalina 10.15.1 WD) in the finder window but only one on the desk top...
Additional attachment of the SSDT for USB
Still looking for a solution for sleep/restart after sleep from the attached ThunderBay4

View attachment 438504
View attachment 438505View attachment 438506
The USB SSDT is missing the EC device and the USBX device. Might be a good idea to re-create the custom USB SSDT for your motherboard as described in this new guide:

I tried to update to the newest WhateverGreen, Lilu, and AppleALC but on reboot I just get a black screen. I have a AMD RX 560. I can access the system with screen sharing.

Hey @CaseySJ so here's where I am at... I unplugged all extra drives only left in my WiFi card, 5700 XT and main OS drive I was able to get back thru the setup that I did before, I also updated WEG,lilu, & appleALC to newest versions you posted, now i have the install complete and able to get to this screen in welcome preboot.

However, Ican setup language, skip past icloud and the moment i skip past icloud, i get a grey screen with a cursor and doesn't let me set computer login info just gives me a grey screen with cursor and then shuts down and reboots.

Here are the screens I'm seeing and my EFI to see if it helps I hope I can get a bootable copy again first thing I'm doing is CCC drive lol never want this to happen again.

I also have not made kexts adjusted that I made last time for SSDT last time Ididn't do it till i had already fully installed so trying to get there before making adjustments again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • EFI.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 55
Hey @CaseySJ so here's where I am at... I unplugged all extra drives only left in my WiFi card, 5700 XT and main OS drive I was able to get back thru the setup that I did before, I also updated WEG,lilu, & appleALC to newest versions you posted, now i have the install complete and able to get to this screen in welcome preboot.

However, Ican setup language, skip past icloud and the moment i skip past icloud, i get a grey screen with a cursor and doesn't let me set computer login info just gives me a grey screen with cursor and then shuts down and reboots.

Here are the screens I'm seeing and my EFI to see if it helps I hope I can get a bootable copy again first thing I'm doing is CCC drive lol never want this to happen again.

I also have not made kexts adjusted that I made last time for SSDT last time Ididn't do it till i had already fully installed so trying to get there before making adjustments again.
For those that would like to know the EFI I shared, by basic Clover install setup after creating bootable USB, is able to get me all the way to the welcome screen by simply replacing my stock EFI with it.

Build:
i7-9700K
Z390 Designare
RX 5700 XT
Fenvi WiFi card
H100i CPU Cooler
M.2 drive in M2P slot

The USB SSDT is missing the EC device and the USBX device. Might be a good idea to re-create the custom USB SSDT for your motherboard as described in this new guide:
Thanks, will do.
Any other thoughts/help for a solution for sleep/restart after sleep from the attached ThunderBay4?

The new method described for the USB SSDT/USBPorts.kext looks much easier than the previous method I used to create the defective SSDT. Thanks for the link.

Back