Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Some general suggestions that might or might not help:
  • Please try Boot Once as suggested.
  • Also ensure that your UAD devices are running the latest firmware.
  • Also install the latest UAD drivers for macOS.
  • It is good to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with both OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeServices, but these may not be directly relevant to the boot-time vs hot-plug issue.
Thanks a bunch for the kind reply. I’m going to try boot once mode and switch out aptiofix for those 2 and see what happens. Cheers!

I have been using ocquirks-4 without issues. As for Thunderbolt settings I went with the settings in the OP with the one exception of Thunderbolt boot support to "boot once". I don't have the Designare MB so there are some differences. TB settings in BIOS from the OP worked perfectly for me until I updated the firmware on my Titan Ridge card. However making the one change in BIOS restored things. I have many TB devices as well as using the Apple TB3/TB2 adapter. No issues.
Thanks again for the reply. Going to try boot once out, tweak the Thunderbolt bios settings and swap out aptio for quirks & fw. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 01 VT-d.jpg
    01 VT-d.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 02 Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.).jpg
    02 Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.).jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 03 Internal Graphics.jpg
    03 Internal Graphics.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 04 Above 4G Decoding.jpg
    04 Above 4G Decoding.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 05 Thunderbolt Security Level.jpg
    05 Thunderbolt Security Level.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 08 XCHI Hand-off.jpg
    08 XCHI Hand-off.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 07 Thunderbolt GPIO3 Force Pwr.jpg
    07 Thunderbolt GPIO3 Force Pwr.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 06 Thunderbolt Usb Support.jpg
    06 Thunderbolt Usb Support.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 09 Windows 8:10 Features.jpg
    09 Windows 8:10 Features.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 10 CSM Support.jpg
    10 CSM Support.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 11 Save Profiles.jpg
    11 Save Profiles.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 78
Some questions:
  • Are you using the iGPU to drive a monitor? If not, I'll change Platform ID to 0x3E920003 (headless).
  • Are you using the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC? If so, I'll remove Inject Intel and replace it with WhateverGreen parameters (in Devices --> Properties).
Update: The attached config.plist assumes the answer to 1st question is no and 2nd answer is yes. Before use, please copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS.
Thank you. I have changed Platform ID to 0x3E920003. I have removed Inject Intel but I am not sure what Whatevergreen parameters would be but I do see, "Devices --> Properties" in CC. I am searching for it but as of this writing I have not found it. I have replaced the S/N into SMBIOS. Attached is the dump files zip if they might help.

Attachments

• debug_30870.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 79
Thank you. I have changed Platform ID to 0x3E920003. I have removed Inject Intel but I am not sure what Whatevergreen parameters would be but I do see, "Devices --> Properties" in CC. I am searching for it but as of this writing I have not found it. I have replaced the S/N into SMBIOS. Attached is the dump files zip if they might help.
Suggestions:
  • Backup the existing CLOVER folder before making the following changes.
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other:
    • Delete CPUFriend.kext
    • Delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
    • Delete NoVPAJpeg.kext
    • Delete HibernationFixup.kext (or try updating to 1.3.1)
    • Update Lilu to 1.4.0 (released 13 hours ago)
    • Update WhateverGreen to 1.3.5 (released 13 hours ago and needs Lilu 1.4.0+)
    • Update AppleALC to 1.4.4 (released 13 hours ago)
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
    • Delete SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-SLOT2-V2.aml (it's causing ACPI parsing errors on boot)

** Catalina RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT Owners **

The latest versions of acidanthera kexts were released 13 hours ago:
Some of the changes in WhateverGreen (WEG) 1.3.5:
  • Fixed handling agdpmod GPU property (in IGPUs and in conjunction with boot-arg)
  • Fixed FairPlay DRM playback patches on 10.15
  • Added shikigva and shiki-id aliases in IORegistry
  • etc.
  • etc.
If you're experiencing black screen issues, boot issues, and other graphics-related problems with the RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT, try upgrading both Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Suggestions:
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other:
    • Delete CPUFriend.kext
    • Delete NoVPAJpeg.kext
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
    • Delete SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-SLOT2-V2.aml (it's causing ACPI parsing errors on boot)
All done. Should I still be looking for the WEG Parameters in Devices -->Properties?
Plus I've lost All USB ports on the front and top of the case.

Hi @CaseySJ Strange bug here... When I connect my iPad Pro or iPhone pro to any of the usb-c ports (the 2 ports in the back and the front panel of Phanteks Evolv X) My system does not recognise them. Strange is that I can connect on the same ports my usb 3.1 card reader, and they are recognised in in ioRegistryExplorer as usb 3.1.

But when I connect my iPad or iPhone I only get power but not connection and nothing happens on ioRegistryExplorer as well.

Any help? Thanks!

All done. Should I still be looking for the WEG Parameters in Devices -->Properties?
Plus I've lost All USB ports on the front and top of the case.
Made those changes and now I am in a continuous reboot. Cannot access the drive with the USB installer.

Suggestions:
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other:
    • Delete CPUFriend.kext
    • Delete NoVPAJpeg.kext
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
I installed my back up drive, tried to use as the macOS drive. I accessed the saved Clover folder and copied it to the EFI folder and the installed the WEG, Lilu, and AppleALC. Still unable to boot. I then copied the entire EFI folder from the backup drive and copied to the now problem drive. Something else is up. I will try Only the kext update next to see if that helps.

Back