Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I will certainly give that a go tonight. I would've not have thought that I would have gone that far in the install process if that was an issue. Fingers crossed!
I thought so too, but before we go further it's best to ensure that EVO Plus firmware is not the issue.

Please try the following:
  • Turn computer off and flip power switch (or unplug power cable) for 10 seconds.
  • Restart. Does the same problem happen?

Tried that. Didn't worked, but bluetooth came alive with this one :)

If so, I would recommend switching from OsxAptioFixDrv to the new OcQuirks-4/FwRuntimeServices. This is described further in this post. Note, however, that we recommend updating to Clover 5xxx and using EmuVariableUefi. This allows iGPU to be enabled.
  • What version of Clover are you running? You can press A at the Clover Boot Menu to see the version.
  • Are you already using EmuVariableUefi in your CLOVER drivers folder?

I was using clover version 5070, but updated anyway to version 5098. Followed your post instructions, and I have now iGPU working again!

Thank you so much!

Thanks also for testing this! Were you running AptioMemoryFix prior to OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices?
Sorry for the late reply. No, I was never able to get anything to work except OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. I always suspected the reason was because of having all the PCI slots filled...

BTW, I really put the system through it's paces today (Producer in the Edit Suite). Premiere got a good workout and had to be quit twice to release used RAM, but the system never needed a reboot, and never crashed. So that's a really good day! (FYI, I never allow sleep, if that's relevant)

Last edited:
OcQuirks 4 and FwRuntimeServices work for me with no issues so far. MacOS Catalina 10.15.1. Bios F8. Samsung 970 EVO (NOT Plus) NVME. Clover 5098.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.35.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.35.47 PM.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 95
  • config.plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.57.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.57.56 PM.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 107
Did your ThunderBay 4 allow your system to sleep without choosing the Apple Menu>Sleep? In other words, does your system sleep automatically with the ThunderBay 4 attached?
I believe it does. I will double check and get back to you. I have not noticed any issues with sleep.
Jules

Hi CaseySJ.

About VirtualSMC.
Downloaded 1.09 Version and Installed looking at your instructions.
When I try to install in Library/Extensions I have a freeze immediately.
So I leave only in Clover/Kext/Other.
It's safe to leave only in Clover this Kext?

Thank you for your patience...

OcQuirks 4 and FwRuntimeServices work for me with no issues so far. MacOS Catalina 10.15.1. Bios F8. Samsung 970 EVO (NOT Plus) NVME. Clover 5098.
Thanks! You may delete the duplicate EFI drivers — the ones that have “-64” in their name.

Hi CaseySJ.

About VirtualSMC.
Downloaded 1.09 Version and Installed looking at your instructions.
When I try to install in Library/Extensions I have a freeze immediately.
So I leave only in Clover/Kext/Other.
It's safe to leave only in Clover this Kext?

Thank you for your patience...
Yes it’s okay. It should work from /L/E as well (need to remove FakeSMC and run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache). It also needs “VirtualSmc.efi” in the drivers folder (and SMCHelper.efi should be removed).

Back