Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

I am using an ASUS USB-BT400 USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. Everything works fine at first sight as I need it only to connect my Apple Wireless Keyboard. My problem is that after a while, 10-15 minutes, my keyboard gets disconnected if I don't use it (my Hackintosh never goes to sleep). Any idea about how I can fix this?

@CaseySJ

I am using an ASUS USB-BT400 USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. Everything works fine at first sight as I need it only to connect my Apple Wireless Keyboard. My problem is that after a while, 10-15 minutes, my keyboard gets disconnected if I don't use it (my Hackintosh never goes to sleep). Any idea about how I can fix this?
Yes I know how you can fix it, but you won't like my answer! Can you guess what I have in mind? :)

Last edited:
Fenvi FV-T919? :)
Yes! But first:
  • If you power cycle the Apple Wireless Keyboard, does it reconnect?
  • If you remove and reconnect the Bluetooth adapter, does the Apple Wireless Keyboard reconnect?

Yes! But first:
  • If you power cycle the Apple Wireless Keyboard, does it reconnect?
  • If you remove and reconnect the Bluetooth adapter, does the Apple Wireless Keyboard reconnect?

Answer for Q1: No
Answer for Q2: No

In order to reconnect the keyboard I have to turn it off, remove the keyboard from my bluetooth saved devices, turn on the keyboard and reconnect.

Answer for Q1: No
Answer for Q2: No

In order to reconnect the keyboard I have to turn it off, remove the keyboard from my bluetooth saved devices, turn on the keyboard and reconnect.
  • Have you already tried reseting the Bluetooth module?
  • If you mount your EFI partition, is there a file at the top level of the EFI disk called nvram.plist?

That's actually not the correct HWMonitor app. The one we want is in the post I linked to previously (Mini-Guide for switching from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC). See Step 5 here.

Please check that you're selecting the correct config.plist -- in the EFI/CLOVER folder of the EFI partition of the Catalina SSD.
Sorry, I am totally confused. I just read from your previous reply that better to use VirtualSMC. I do not wish to change that. Why is this wrong program if it works? Sorry, again, I am total noob in this area of knowledge.

For the config.plist part, I mounted SSD and went to EFI/CLOVER folder and tried to change it but it won't. I also tried to copying the original file to Desktop, change it there, and replace it. But it also doesn't work on desktop.

Hey team - been running pretty stably using OcQuicks. (I am using one of the early ones provided and not the OcQuirks-4 one, yet.) I haven't had a failed boot yet.

I'm still having problems with Sleep (both in Windows and Catalina), and I'm curious if there's any more insight into RAM Timings, and how they relate to sleep. I'm running XMP Profile 1 (which I believe is 3200 MHz). I haven't tried slowing it down yet and testing sleep thought I'm not getting anything strange (it just seems like the machine doesn't even bother trying to sleep.)

I've attached both the output of "pmset -g log" and "pmset -g assertions".

Attachments

• pmsetassertions.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 89
  • pmsetlog.txt
    1 MB · Views: 498
Very good -- yes of course we'll support you with the installation.

As for the Fenvi, it should be installed in the bottommost short (PCIe x1) slot.

Have you considered the NZXT H710i? The built-in Smart Device RGB/Fan controller can be controlled from within macOS with liquidctl 1.3.0rc1. We've streamlined the installation process for liquidctl by using Homebrew as described at the bottom of this post.

Alright I’ll keep that in mind for placement of the WiFi/BT card.

I had considered the H710i but the only difference was the RGB/fan controller and where it’ll be placed I won’t get to truly appreciate it all so just got the H100i for so color so wanted to just plunge it into a work horse station didn’t need the extra controller. Unless there’s something else I’m missing?

Sorry, I am totally confused. I just read from your previous reply that better to use VirtualSMC. I do not wish to change that. Why is this wrong program if it works? Sorry, again, I am total noob in this area of knowledge.

For the config.plist part, I mounted SSD and went to EFI/CLOVER folder and tried to change it but it won't. I also tried to copying the original file to Desktop, change it there, and replace it. But it also doesn't work on desktop.
  • I'm not saying you should switch to FakeSMC. Instead, the guide is for switching from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. But because you already have VirtualSMC we don't even need to follow the guide. Instead, the only thing we need from that guide is HWMonitorSMC v2.4.x from the bottom of that post (Step 5).
    • The version of HWMonitor you have does not monitor fan RPMs.
Here's the difference:
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 11.38.29 AM.png

Back