Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just removed -v and booted fine.

Do you happen to have a direct link to Hackintool? Don't want to risk downloading the wrong app and having malicious files on the computer.

Sleep is weird. Once it gave a screen that looks like snow on an old tube TV and I was forced to restart, but now when I try it again it works fine.

iMessage seems to be working fine as well as iCloud.
App Store works and purchases history works as well.

Music, Apple TV, and Podcasts will not accept my apple ID (triple checked with each app that I am using the same info for iMessage and iCloud)
This is a good time to make a full bootable backup and test the backup by booting directly from the backup disk:
  • Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and select the backup disk.
  • If the name of backup disk is Catalina Local Backup, then select this from the Clover Boot Menu:
    • Boot macOS from Catalina Local Backup
Once the backup is done and verified, then any remaining issues can be worked on. My fear is that if we start another flurry of troubleshooting activities at this point, we can end up corrupting the system.

Thank you! Now I just have to figure out what its for lmao

LOL! it can do quite allot of things, but be sure to read read read before you use it or hack away :)
As the warning at the post says, it isn't an automated tool.

Right now, just open it and look at the main info page, make sure your data looks good, serial numbers, iMessage keys, video decoder, SMBIOS etc...
Just don't go clicking and making changes unless you know what you're doing or what the patch is for :)

Unfortunately not. Same issue. The system partition still boots normally.
When you boot into the system partition, can you start the security update installation again?

When you boot into the system partition, can you start the security update installation again?
Yes, I can. I already tried it several times. It says immediately that I need to restart. It starts the installation with the Apple logo and a progress bar before rebooting, and then after reboot it tries to boot the installer environment with no luck. I have to reset the PC and select "Boot mac OS from Mojave" manually from the Clover menu to boot my system.

I tested this and it doesn't work. While I can spoof the subsystem-id with Clover properties (you would use subsystem-id, not RM,subsystem-id in this case), the stock driver still doesn't work, as I guess it checks deeper.

I had a few projects with this build I was going to try. One I was interested in is seeing if we can change the subsystem-id on a deeper level.

The idea is here: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...nics-to-use-small-tree-macos-drivers.1968456/

I'm wondering if that's even possible to do that to the i211, but I just got an Ubuntu install working last night. Linux hates the WD Black SN750 (which unfortunately I have two of in this build, should have just got all Samsung but I got WD because of the Evo Plus bug back then, yet Samsung fixed that) so I temporarily switched AHCI to Intel RST in BIOS so the installer couldn't see them (it chokes otherwise), installed to a USB drive, and then switched back.
Well, it does work, but you need the patched SmallTreeIntel82576.kext, not the stock driver.
With the patched driver (attached here) you can just add this to Devices/Properties to make it appear in the system profiler under PCI as well:
Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-14 um 18.42.13.png
No need for FakePCIID anymore then.

Attachments

• SmallTreeIntel82576_patched.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 100
Well, it does work, but you need the patched SmallTreeIntel82576.kext, not the stock driver.
With the patched driver (attached here) you can just add this to Devices/Properties to make it appear in the system profiler under PCI as well:
View attachment 435949
Correct -- the patched driver natively supports subsystem-id 0x0A.

This is a good time to make a full bootable backup and test the backup by booting directly from the backup disk:
  • Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and select the backup disk.
  • If the name of backup disk is Catalina Local Backup, then select this from the Clover Boot Menu:
    • Boot macOS from Catalina Local Backup
Once the backup is done and verified, then any remaining issues can be worked on. My fear is that if we start another flurry of troubleshooting activities at this point, we can end up corrupting the system.

Just to be sure, how would you personally recommend I back up the drive? I may have done it incorrectly last time (I just used time machine)

EDIT this has been addressed -
@CaseySJ gave you links for instructions on how to do bootable backups on this post.

Last edited:
View attachment 435949
Correct -- the patched driver natively supports subsystem-id 0x0A.

You don't even need to spoof the subsystem-id to load the patched driver I posted yesterday. It works with or without the spoof.

Please do the following:
  • It seems you might have the alternative KGP FakeSMC kexts in /Library/Extensionsfolder. These are no longer compatible and should be replaced with standard FakeSMC.
    • So please remove the following 6 files from /Library/Extensions:
      • FakeSMC.kext
      • ACPISensors.kext
      • CPUSensors.kext
      • GPUSensors.kext
      • LPCSensors.kext
      • SMMSensors.kext
    • Also delete USBPorts.kext if it's present in /Library/Extensions.
  • Now copy the standard FakeSMC kexts into /Library/Extensions. I've copied all of these files into the attached CLOVER folder (CLOVER/kexts/Other) so just copy them from there into /Library/Extensions:
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • After these 6 files have been copied, rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility and waiting for the button on the bottom right side of its window to change to Quit.
  • Then mount EFI partition of the macOS SSD and backup the existing CLOVER folder. And copy the attached CLOVER folder in its place.
  • Check again that WhateverGreen.kext version 1.3.4 is installed in /Library/Extensions.
  • Reboot and see if you still have any problem.
  • You may also need to update Clover. Press "A" at the Clover Boot Menu to identify the version and let us know.
It worked!! Thanks

Back