Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

FYI, good news, fully upgrade to Catalina now, here what I did in case someone encounters same issue
- Connected monitor via DP cable (I prepared in case swapping to HDMI)
- Update Clover 5097, update Lilu, AppleALC, and Whatevergreen to latest version as @CaseySJ mentioned
- Inline upgrade Catalina, everything happened exactly what CaseySJ described
- At the end, i am able to login to Catalina, and everything works as expected.
Awesome!
Now, Carbon Copy Cloner issue. @CaseySJ, i followed your guide closely and able to clone as you described from pictures and steps. When mounting Catalina Local Backup EFI, the folder is empty. Then at reboot, i don't see back up option.
Please advice, thanks again for your help!
The EFIClone-v3 script is set to TEST mode at this time. This means it won't copy the EFI contents from Source to Destination. Please check this file:

/System/Volumes/Data/Users/Shared/EFIClone.log

You will see a list of the files that will be copied. If this list looks correct, you can turn off TEST mode and re-clone the drive. If you are not sure whether your EFIClone.log is correct, just upload it and I'll take a look.

To disable TEST mode, edit EFIClone-v3.sh and change line 84 to this:

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 10.14.26 AM.png

i try to change from iMac Pro to iMac 19.1 with my Z390 Extreme to use also the Intel 630 but when i activate it at bios it don't show up . What's wrong?
The iGPU (Intel UHD 630) will not appear in System Information --> Graphics/Displays even if it is working perfectly. To confirm whether iGPU is enabled, run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you see IGPU. If a sub-node under IGPU says AppleIntelFramebuffer, then your IGPU is fully activated.

I then tried since my backup and the operation was successful, the volume appears as OK
Does this mean the problem is fixed? And now you can mount the EFI partitions?

I make update to Catalina. 10.15.0 ( macOS 10.15 (19A602) ) and only RX580 SSDT not work. everything else work like charm.
Sounds good! The RX580 SSDT should be deleted.

Sounds good! The RX580 SSDT should be deleted.
I deleted it. I have other problem for which I can not find solution. this problem is still from Mojave.
When I click left button of thee mouse on the icon of iStat Menu, I should wait around 2-3 second until the drop menu are shows.
So I have 5 different machines - 2, 3 , 8 generations - and there in no this problem. Also, on another system are lagging. Machine is Z390 Designer, i9-9900K, 32 RAM Corsair, RX 580.
On Video Pro H264 and HEVC are workING great on Mojave show RX 580. Now, after updating to Catalina, it shows HD630.
Here is my config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 73
My Designare Mojave on M.2 was running perfectly, everything just worked after following this awesome guide (iMacPro 1,1). I also have Win 10 on a separate SSD. 3200 Corsair RAM. But, lately, after going to sleep or on shutdown, I get a total lockup. (sometimes the LEDs on the MB go off and sometimes they are still on.) After trying to turn on the computer, it doesn't move a bit. Only after disconnecting my PS and removing the battery (clearing CMOS) and then reconfiguring the BIOS, I can get past the boot screen into Mojave or Win. I think the problem is OS independent - also after Win sleep.
Anybody else experienced this kind of trouble? I hope it's not the MB failing!

I see; in that case let's dig into this a bit:
  • What Thunderbolt devices do you have (incl. make/model and TB generation)?
    • Example (based on my collection):
      • OWC 14-Port Dock, TB 3
      • Apple Gigabit Ethernet, TB 2
      • PowerColor Gaming Station eGPU, TB 3
  • Do you have a USB-C flash disk? If so, does it work when plugged into either of the two TB3 ports on the back panel?
  • Please run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... then upload the saved file. The RP05 section in this file will tell us whether Thunderbolt hot-plug attributes have been injected.

Hi @CaseySJ. For posting the IORegistry Explorer output, is there a way to strip the SMBIOS/Serial data first (Or send to you privately?).

Thunderbolt Devices:
  • Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD - F4U095
  • Western Digital Easystore USB 3 external drive (Plugged into Dock)
  • Lacie 5Big TB2 (Have tried via Dock, and via Apple TB2/TB3 adapter)
I don't have a USB-C native Flash drive, however I have a USB3 Flash drive and tried it via a USB-A/USB-C adapter into the TB/USB-C ports on the back. Hot Plug appears to work. Oddly, it wasn't detected if I leave it in for. reboot, but hot plug definitely worked.

Also, is any of the USB High Current or Hot Plug stuff related to the MSR Config lock?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ

It may be useful to some to add how to hide the CCC backup drive from Spotlight for users that utilize an internal drive for backing up.

System Preferences -> Spotlight
Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 2.55.43 PM.png

Privacy -> +
Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 2.53.06 PM.png

Last edited:
Thunderbolt on this MB is not showing or loading under the PCI system information.

Got any tips on getting TB activated? Thanks for the detailed Step-by-Step!

Mac_Pro_and_About_This_Mac.png

Back