Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

today it still returns the same text file. exceedingly strange!! wonder if the source forge page for clover was hacked?
No that's not a hack. We should switch over to downloading from GitHub.

We should remove IntelGFX (just leave it blank) and instead, just following this guide:

@CaseySJ Thanks again, my Catalina installation is complete ! Everything works now , wifi, bluetooth, igfx , my RX 480 !!!

After experiencing issues with TB3 after upgrading from 10.14.6 --> Catalina, I reverted back to 10.14.6. Thunderbolt 3 is working, but no hot swap.
Should I rename the file to include the file type extension? I gave it a try but I'm still lacking support for hot plugging my TB3 devices.
I will have to check this tonight. Apple is aware of a Thunderbolt problem in Catalina that prevents some eGPUs from connecting. Maybe there are even more problems...
Just checked Thunderbolt hot plug capability with Catalina (Supplemental Update installed) and it works fine. Does your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder contain SSDT-DTPG.aml?

Hello @CaseySJ, quick question:

My FENVI T-919 is arriving next week. A friend of mine who traveled to the states bought it for me and it's getting here next week. I forgot that having an NZXT Kraken X52, the only F_USB port in de Designare is already taken by the cooler.

My friend does not have any time left to buy the splitter you mentioned and wait for Amazon to send it back to the hotel. I found only one seller here in Argentina that sells one similar. Would it be too much if I ask you to take a look on this website to see if it is actually the same thing before I buy it?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I realized just now about this issue.

BTW, along with the FENVI card I also bought a 1-84 bits screwdriver set from Amazon so I don't strip any more screws...

Thanks in advance Master!

• Is this a brand new build with Designare motherboard?
    • If so, you installed Catalina directly (not an upgrade from Mojave)?
  • If this is not a brand new build with Designare, was it running Mojave 10.14.6 previously?
    • If so, were you able to wake from sleep?
  • What is the make and model of your monitor?
  • Are you using DisplayPort or HDMI cable?
  • Other than Corsair (PSU or AIO?) connected to internal USB header, what other devices are connected to internal USB header?
    • (Yes I realize you unplugged the Corsair device.)
    • The purpose of this question is to determine whether the USB SSDT needs to be modified.
UPDATE: Just verified that Sleep and Wake are working fine on my system with Catalina (w/Supplemental Update).

Thanks for this great write up!

Can confirm my sleep and wake has been working - the issue was when using a HDMI instead of DP cable.

yes, new build with designare. installed with Mojave, updated to Catalina through appstore
monitor is a LG 27UK850
was using HDMI for the catalina upgrade and never thought to switch back to DP
Fenvi card is currently plugged into the usb header

next question - if i install windows on the top M2 slot, and install macOS on a PCI card w/ apple ssd (SSUBX) would the EFI partition issue from a windows update still be an issue for the macOS drive?

Looks like current WEG and/or Radeon VII not compatible with 10.15.1 public beta , added -wegoff boot arg to get through install to desktop. Lost dual monitor support.

Last edited:
That file can only be edited with MaciASL. I've made the changes for you:
  • Try SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml first.
  • Be sure to remove any previous SSDT-UIAC...
  • If this does not work, remove it and try SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7C.aml
  • If one of these files do work, please let me know which one that is.

@CaseySJ
Finally, the Luna Display works now with SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml. You made my day extremely. Thank you so much.

One thing to update, I've successfully connected the TB3 audio interface, Universal Audio Arrow. Arrow works like a charm with my DAW. This device would only work and be recognized after the UA software installation or it did not work before any UA software installation.

Attachments

• lunaworks.jpg
    lunaworks.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
@CaseySJ
Finally, the Luna Display works now with SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml. You made my day extremely. Thank you so much.

One thing to update, I've successfully connected the TB3 audio device, Universal Audio Arrow. Arrow works like a charm with my DAW. This device would only work and be recognized after the UA software installation or it did not work before any UA software installation.

The Arrow has no power switch, right? Just a single TB 3 for power and data?

Back