Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The update showed up in System Preferences and I followed the typical update procedure. Restarted in "Install MacOS..." partition, then restarted and booted through default Clover drive selection. Are you able to see the install partition in the Clover boot loader screen?

Thank you! It worked! It took me some time to figure out what you mean. I'm too new to this. I added 5 secs to the boot loader and chose the "Install from Catalina - Data". Thank you!

@CaseySJ I made another interesting discovery on my machine in testing.

I was watching memmap and in the past I could only ever boot with slide=0. I was checking what would free memory in BIOS settings.

If I enable iGPU, my second available region, where 100000 starts had 14580 pages listed.

If I disable iGPU this increases to 19580 pages for that available region.

Now, I use DVMT Pre-Allocated 64MB and DVMT Total 256MB. Changing the latter to 128MB had no effect on that region, but setting the former to 32MB got me to 16580 pages. I left it at 32MB and 256MB.

With 16580 pages, I was able to boot iMacPro1,1+Headless iGPU+slide=0+AptioMemoryFix successfully, and I would assume changing SMBIOS back to iMac19,1 would be fine.

I don't know the implications of setting DVMT Pre-Allocation to a lower value, if that would cause any issues or not. If not, this is a viable solution for me to not have to disable my iGPU, which led me to iMacPro1,1 to deal with the broken preview of JPEG files.

OK. Using your information, I just tried with my 19,1 SMBIOS and tried with combinations of 32/128, 32/256, 64/128 and 64/256. I could not get a solid boot and I'm running AptioMemoryFix also. I have shiki values set in my config and I'll have to play with taking those out. But simply using the lower 32 on the pre-allocated did not work for me running 19,1.

How to turn on iGPU?i5 9600k,sidecar does't work,smbois imac19,1

• If an EFI partition exists, it can always be mounted (which is different from being bootable) after booting into macOS.
  • An EFI partition is created automatically by Disk Utility when we format a drive using Scheme = GUID Partition Map.
  • In order to make an EFI partition bootable on a Hackintosh, it must contain both the BOOT and CLOVER folders.
  • If a drive already has an EFI partition, there is no need to reinstall the O/S. We can just copy everything from another EFI partition onto this one.
  • But if a drive does not have an EFI partition (in other words, the drive was not formatted with Scheme = GUID Partition Map), then it may be necessary to reformat the whole drive and reinstall macOS.
My Hack must not know the meaning of the word "always" because it still doesn't want to mount the EFI partition. I gave you what I get with the diskutil list command, a priori it's in order, right? If there was no Bluetooth problem, I wouldn't mind any more than that because the Hack works.

Attachments

• diskutil list.png
    diskutil list.png
    294.9 KB · Views: 74
My Hack must not know the meaning of the word "always" because it still doesn't want to mount the EFI partition. I gave you what I get with the diskutil list command, a priori it's in order, right? If there was no Bluetooth problem, I wouldn't mind any more than that because the Hack works.

diskutil mount dkisk0s1

Have you tried that?

I'm running Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3466. So far not a single bit of issues with this RAM, and I love the LED effects I get from it...
Thank's but i search a little bit cheaper memories.
@jhahn: Thank you!

diskutil mount dkisk0s1

Have you tried that?

Unable to find disk for dkisk0s1
Looks like I'm gonna have to reinstall everything... if I want to fix Bluetooth :(

Unable to find disk for dkisk0s1
Looks like I'm gonna have to reinstall everything... if I want to fix Bluetooth :(
Replace “dkisk0s1” with disk0s1

Your screenshot shows several drives with EFI partitions. They should all be mountable. You can use any of these apps to mount those partitions:
  • Clover Configurator —> Mount EFI (on left side)
  • EFI Mounter v3 — from TonyMacX86 downloads section
  • EFI Agent — from here

Last edited:
Back