Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The driver is coming in 10.15.1 according to Apple's Release Notes. Please see this:

I want to build a hackintosh with the same parts as your. After I did some research, I see that everyone complains about nvram problem with z390 chipset. I want my hackintosh works smooth without any problem. So should I wait the 10th gen processors with new chipset or just build the hackintosh with your complements. I'm also planning to upgrade to catalina when the rx 5700xt supported.

I use Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 CL15 3000mHz 16gb x4 (64gb).

It is not like a brand got a big say, when it comes to RAM. in some ways the supported RAM list by the manufacturer sometimes has a big say in it all. As sometimes they question you why you didn't use the brand of RAAM they recommended, if you RMA your board.

Seemingly, some people have had problems with single module of 32gb RAM.
Thank's for your opinion!

Replying to my own post - Bluetooth still drops occasionally, leaving me without a keyboard, so these Bluetooth kexts obviously weren't the fix and I have a problem elsewhere :(

This was happening to me too and got it fixed changing the type of the USB HS11 to 0xFF, in my case the Bluetooth card is connected to a 2 port USB hub connected to the internal HS11 USB port of the Designare. The post below gave me the clue.

The IOReg indicates that all 4 internal USB 2.0 ports on F_USB1 and F_USB2 are actually connected to a 4-port USB hub on HS11. Because macOS imposes a limit of 15 USB ports, this has the advantage of being counted as 1 port. But the disadvantage is that we cannot independently set the ports to Internal or External. Bluetooth is connected, and there's a Sandisk Ultra and Sandisk Cruzer.

Because HS11 is a USB hub, we should set the Type to 0xFF. We should not change anything on HS12. If you have the original USB SSDT, please undo any changes made to HS12.

Also note that the Fractal Design USB SSDT from this build guide is not suitable for your motherboard. Instead, it would be best to go through this user-friendly procedure to create a custom USB SSDT:

As to why Bluetooth stops working, does it only happen when running Rig Manager? Are there any similar problem reports on the Rig Manager website? If you move the WiFi/BT card to a long slot, does it make any difference?

@betyargabor Crucial RAM with 2400 MHz is okay and will work but with this system you can profit from higher speed. My recommendation would be 3200 or 3000 MHz if you can afford it. I use Corsair LPX 3200 MHz.
Dear @jhahn, can you write me the modell product number?
Maybe if you have 32GB: CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 or something like that?

Last edited:
Hello @Luisan,

Several changes made to your CLOVER configuration:
  • Removed CPU Type 0x1005 (due to some problems reported by other people). This can always be added back later.
  • Disabled all the USB Port Limit patches from Kernel and Kext Patches because you're already using the USB SSDT.
  • Deleted the entry from Devices --> Properties that was setting platform ID. This should not be used in combination with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 because IGPU is not supported in that configuration.
  • Please disable IGFX from BIOS if you have not already done so.
  • I believe you're using Clover 5xxx, but you still have the old drivers64UEFI folder. The memory driver OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is copied in both drivers64UEFI and drivers/UEFI.
    • I've moved all required drivers to drivers/UEFI and deleted the drivers64UEFI folder.
  • What WiFi/BT card are you using?
    • Your CLOVER/kexts/Other folder has the following kexts which are not needed if using any of the Broadcom 94360 modules.
      • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
      • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      • AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Let's start with these changes in order to have a clean setup. Then let's troubleshoot the memory speed issue if it still exists.

Hi, CaseyJR.
I am very grateful for your help I almost dance with emotion.
The module I have is NEW version abwb 802.11 AC Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0 (PCI-Express PCI-E) bcm94360CS2
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21
I removed the ketx
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
And it goes perfect.
But for my bad luck, I changed the file you sent me.
I restart the computer and all my hope for the floors.
I test it several times and it still happens the same I check the IGFX from BIOS and in that section I have Initial Display Output → PCIe Slot 1.
I tried to reset the bios I don't know if I did it well, I also had the F7 version installed and I reinstalled the F4 version after rebooting to F5 then the F6 I still have the same problem "I think the bug may be from the Bios .
I have configured it according to your instructions.
But something fails me.
When I get to load the XMP profile of the Ram the computer starts but I don't get it on the monitor the Bios goes directly to the start of the apple system.
Regards.
Luisan

@CaseySJ I am using a Vega 64 and I have tried several SMBIOS and iGPU settings. I get the best performance plus working DRM streaming in iTunes, working Netflix in Safari and fastest H264 and HEVC (8 bit) encoding in Final Cut Pro with the following settings:

iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS plus iGPU in headless mode (with all the needed settings in Devices -> Properties in config.plist)

When using iMac19,1 instead the performance seems the same, but DRM streaming in iTunes and Netflix in Safari doesn’t work. Using
shikigva=32 and shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 solves the iTunes DRM problem, but not the Safari Netflix problem.

When using iMacPro1,1 with iGPU disabled iTunes DRM and Netflix in Safari works, but video encoding in Final Cut Pro is much slower.

So is there any reason why I should not combine iMacPro1,1 with iGPU in headless mode, since this seems to be the only combination where everything is working and where I have the best performance at the same time?

Also:

• I added all of the post-install files to the Mojave drive and it works fine except Jpeg preview... NoVPAJpeg fixes the issue. Is this the only workaround or have newer versions of Lilu/WEG resolved this?
Depending on combination of SMBIOS and Platform ID, NoVPAJPeg should not be needed if Lilu/WEG are used. For example:
  • iMacPro1,1 with IGFX disabled and no Platform ID
  • iMac19,1 with IGFX enabled and Platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless)
  • A few other combinations are also okay
  • The EFI folder with post install files set up for 10.14.6 seems to work ok on a spare 10.13 clone. Any reason I might want to avoid using this EFI folder in 10.13?
In general, 10.13 and 10.14 should have their own EFI setups on their own EFI partitions. Primary reason being that newer Mac models such as iMac19,1 are not supported on 10.13 and earlier. So a 10.13 EFI will specify a different SMBIOS with a different serial number.
  • Finally if I were hoping to eventually have a 10.13 and 10.14 drive inside the same machine, is the correct way to set this up is by each drive having its own Clover EFI with RC scripts installed on each one?

Yes!

Yep. @CaseySJ they aren't in there or my card isn't supported idk, I'm kinda a noob. But after updating still no acceleration. Decided to return the card and get a Vega 56.
I was hoping you would be the first person in this thread to confirm compatibility of RX 5700 cards. Oh well! :)

I'm not entirely clear what you mean. I have cpufriend in S/L/E but removed from kext/other.
Also, now that I removed and restarted as per Casey's suggestion... my digital audio output is gone.
I really need that one!
OK, so I have removed everything as advised, cleared my kext cache but I lost my digital audio port AND my system has become very unstable running Davinci Resolve just playing a local file.
In fact the entire system shut down and the Vega64 card locked up.
Probably best to undo the changes. For slow disk access, lots of beachballs and other quantum weirdness, I always suggest the following controlled experiment:
  • Install Mojave on a spare SSD (we can easily use an external USB 3 enclosure to avoid having to mount anything inside the case).
  • During post-installation, you can actually copy-and-paste your existing SMBIOS section into the config.plist of the new install, and reboot. This preserves serial numbers.
  • Test the system with all hard drives and other peripherals, but do not install third-party apps yet.
  • If hard drive speed is normal, then install the one or two third-party apps that are giving you trouble. Do you still see slow disk I/O and beachballs?
  • If you do have these problems on the new install, the problems might be with the software itself.
    • Maybe your media library has grown too large or become somewhat corrupted?
    • Any other user reports on the net about these symptoms?

Back