Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks...
Isn't the Vega SSDT required wit the Vega cards?
I thought I had already deleted the old drivers directory.
As far as the FixDarwin... No idea how that got checked.
Restarting now!

Just wanted to mention that you need more to actually use CPUFriend.kext. You'd want CPUFriendDataProvider.kext or providing data via SSDT specific for PM. I am not sure if you got either of those. In that case if you don't, I am not entirely sure if you need CPUFriend.kext. :)

Just wanted to mention that.

Just wanted to mention that you need more to actually use CPUFriend.kext. You'd want CPUFriendDataProvider.kext or providing data via SSDT specific for PM. I am not sure if you got either of those. In that case if you don't, I am not entirely sure if you need CPUFriend.kext. :)

Just wanted to mention that.
I'm not entirely clear what you mean. I have cpufriend in S/L/E but removed from kext/other.
Also, now that I removed and restarted as per Casey's suggestion... my digital audio output is gone.
I really need that one!

I'm not entirely clear what you mean. I have cpufriend in S/L/E but removed from kext/other.
Also, now that I removed and restarted as per Casey's suggestion... my digital audio output is gone.
I really need that one!

What I mean is, CPUFriend requires more than what you possible have., It requires a preparation. Hence therefore, you do not need it. And might be that your system don't need it at all.

But nvm. Good that you're removing stuff you don't need. :)

Last edited:
OK, so I have removed everything as advised, cleared my kext cache but I lost my digital audio port AND my system has become very unstable running Davinci Resolve just playing a local file.
In fact the entire system shut down and the Vega64 card locked up.

Hy!

Everybody use the same RAM what @CaseySJ used? G.Skill TridentZ?
I read the QVL list of the Z390 Designare. I want to buy Crucial RAM what are in the Buyer's guide, but i'm afraid because it has "just" 2400MHz.

If you use another modell or brand, please write to me :) Thank you!

Hy!

Everybody use the same RAM what @CaseySJ used? G.Skill TridentZ?
I read the QVL list of the Z390 Designare. I want to buy Crucial RAM what are in the Buyer's guide, but i'm afraid because it has "just" 2400MHz.

If you use another modell or brand, please write to me :) Thank you!

I use Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 CL15 3000mHz 16gb x4 (64gb).

It is not like a brand got a big say, when it comes to RAM. in some ways the supported RAM list by the manufacturer sometimes has a big say in it all. As sometimes they question you why you didn't use the brand of RAAM they recommended, if you RMA your board.

Seemingly, some people have had problems with single module of 32gb RAM.

@betyargabor Crucial RAM with 2400 MHz is okay and will work but with this system you can profit from higher speed. My recommendation would be 3200 or 3000 MHz if you can afford it. I use Corsair LPX 3200 MHz.

Although my update went OK I found Bluetooth dropped out on me several times. I installed the Bluetooth kexts and all now seems OK
Replying to my own post - Bluetooth still drops occasionally, leaving me without a keyboard, so these Bluetooth kexts obviously weren't the fix and I have a problem elsewhere :(

I still can't mount the EFI partition, but I still have the bootlog. Apparently, there's nothing that can be done to get my EFI back? So I was wondering if I could re-install without formatting the target hard disk, so I wouldn't have to reinstall all my applications. I spent an hour with Microsoft support just to get Office up and running again.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    109.7 KB · Views: 751
Back