Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

... Then the community will find new things to bicker about :D
As much as I want the whole world to see everything my way, I know that diversity of opinion, diversity of thought, diversity of interests, diversity of diversity are absolutely essential -- just as the tremendous amount of genetic diversity within a species is essential. We just have to learn to agree and to disagree in a civilized manner. And we should not monopolize the marketplace of ideas.

Exit soap box.

Here is my Clover folder attached so you can try maybe. Thanks @CaseyJS, EmuVariableUefi.efi did fix the shutdown kernal panic !

Actually, I did all the update of Lilu WeG AppleALC, I'm using iMacPro 1,1, I removed the "shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94" boot argument, and I added the EmuVariableUefi.efi file to the /Clover/Drivers/UEFI/ folder along with OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi file and everything is now working on my hackintosh. No problem during booting, even the pink line are gone, no kernel panic during rebooting (the EmuVariableUefi.efi did fix the problem as my Nvram was not properly handled, I can see now a nvram.plist file created in the EFI volume). I have quickview working, iMessage, facetime, audio

The only remaining issue I would say is trouble to comes out of sleep mode sometimes and I need to restart the computer.

I also added the /Library/Extensions folder so you can hand pick the kext you need (I updated Lilu, Apple ALC, WeG and IntelMausi, not sure about the last one ^^)

Tell me how it works for you !
This is explained to some extent in the build guide, but the guidelines are as follows:
  • All third-party kexts should be installed in /L/E. This includes VirtualSMC.kext.
  • Then we set System Parameters --> Inject Kexts to Detect.
  • What does "Detect" mean?
  • It means that during boot, Clover will look for either FakeSMC.kext or VirtualSMC.kext in the /Library/Extensions folder.
    • If neither of these kexts is present in /L/E, Clover will subsequently inject all kexts that are in the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
    • But if either one exists in /L/E, then Clover will not inject any kext from the Clover/kexts/Other folder.
  • This means that /L/E folder should contain all kexts necessary for running the system.
  • But this also means that (a) during macOS installation, (b) when booting into Recovery, (c) when doing a safe boot, the /Library/Extensions folder may not be present or it may not be accessible.
    • So we still keep a minimum set of kexts in the Clover/kexts/Other folder.
    • These kexts are never injected if (a) /Library/Extensions is present and (b) FakeSMC.kext or VirtualSMC.kext is also present in /L/E.
    • The minimum set of kexts to install in CLOVER/kexts/Other is:
      • VirtualSMC.kext (or FakeSMC.kext, but not both)
      • Lilu.kext
      • WhateverGreen.kext
      • USBInjectAll.kext (because USB SSDT will not work without it)
Hello @Mattioo, I've looked at your Clover and Extensions folder and found some differences. Because I'm a first time builder and new to Hackintosh I don't want to make statements, I just followed CaseySJ's guide like you.

But I will point out some differences I've noticed (if you still have the same configuration you've posted in the above post):
Your EFI folder:
- Our 'patched' folders are the same
- In 'drivers' you have SMCHelper.efi and I believe this belongs to FakeSMC and not VirtualSMC. In the guide for VirtualSMC (https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/blob/master/Docs/FAQ.md) it states: "SMCHelper-64.efi is not compatible with VirtualSMC.efi and must be removed." The remaining drivers we both have the same.
- In 'kext' you have (like CaseySJ mentioned) more kext's than probably is necessary. I have followed CaseySJ's guidelines in 'just the basic kext's'. So I only have: Lilu, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, USBInjectAll, VirtualSMC an WEG.

Library/Extensions:
- The same kext's I have in EFI's kext folder, I have in the Extensions folder. This seems double, but this is how I understood it works. You're missing VirtualSMC. Again, could be this doesn't meen anything, I'm just pointing out differences.

config.plist:
I attached mine. There are a few differences, but again I don't know which is better.

The only thing I do know is that my hack is running smooth since day one. Within 3 days it was my main working machine and I left my old iMac. Because I have a good backup I like to try and tinker sometimes, so I tried the AptioFix3 (mainly because the scary messages over the 2000 version). But it didn't work out, so I reverted back and now I hope CaseySJ is right about the 2000 version (that it's not that bad). Tinkering is fine, but I also have work to do! :lol: But I like the whole 'lets tinker together so we will have the best hack possible' thing, so please keep tinkering!

BTW, if you think you see a flaw in my config, please share!

(Edit: spell error)

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Have anyone applied the 10.14.6 Supplemental Update? Can we update safely?
You probably already updated, but do you mean v1 or v2 supplemental update? You can do them both. But be prepared to stare at a black screen for quite some time during the v2 update!

Sorry guys, but another strangeness happened to me after updating to the latest release 10.14.6. I modified SMBIOS from 18.3 to 19.1 as recommended in the "Going to extra mile" section and the related video card settings with Hackintool, as well as having updated AppleALC, Lilu and Whatevergreen to the latest version available but now I no longer have audio in output except the audio via DP cable. How can I solve it?
Thanks a lot.

Do you see more outputs in Systemprefs?
Audio.png

I only see DisplayPort on monitors and other wireless devices.
Some things to check:
  • In Clover Configurator —> Devices —> Audio, is “Inject” set to No or to 16?
  • In Clover Configurator —> Devices —> Properties, is audio being injected or only WhateverGreen?
  • In Terminal, if you type kextstat | grep -v apple, do you see “AppleALC” in the reply?

Back