Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Update on my Hackintosh and Geekbench scores. Installed a total of 32GB 3000MHz memory (2xCorsair Vengenace LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16GB). Multiplier x48 in BIOS. Then I got great Geekbench scores. Single 6463 - multi 31532.

Attachments

• hackintosh-multiplier48x.jpg
    hackintosh-multiplier48x.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 213
Thanks for replying.

I am using an HDMI to DVI-D adapter to connect to my monitor. It's a fairly old Samsung 204BW. Planning on upgrading soon to something more hi res in the very short term... Had the same results connecting to my Panasonic Plasma which is also pretty old...

My non patched config is attached

If the problem lies with using an adapter, I will go ahead and order something with a DP port to utilize the TB3 port with a USB C to HDMI cable.

Many thanks again!
Please rename and try the attached file. This sets platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 (non-headless) and enables the HDMI port. Some graphics glitches are possible. Although this patch specifies connector values for all three port, it is also possible to delete the settings for all but the HDMI port. Depending on the existence and/or prevalence of glitches, this is something that can be tried. The most reliable video output is through the Thunderbolt ports (with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable). A Discrete GPU, on the other hand, is by far the preferred solution.

Attachments

• config-andre4000.plist
    11.1 KB · Views: 212
On 10.14.6 with 3600 MHz memory, Jettison ejects but won't remount upon wake. Turning XMP off in the Designare's BIOS allows Jettison to fully work and remount, but it knocks my memory speed down to 2400 MHz.
At that point though, Jettison is not needed because after sleep, USB drives come back up no problemo.

Another user in another thread said that as long as they did not exceed the top speed of memory that Apple sells (2666 MHz), they didn't have a problem.
The Designare only allows me 2400 MHz with XMP off on the motherboards BIOS though.

Profile 1 (3600 MHz) causes the eject error
Profile 2 (3000 MHz) causes the eject error
XMP off (2400 MHz) no eject error.

I have tested this multiple times with the same results.

I'm on BIOS f6n for the Designare by the way.
Follow-up to post #7,492 by @CN7

Mojave will not eject external disks during sleep when you enter these settings manually:

-> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
-> System Memory Multiplier -> 26.66

This way you get 2666 MHz set.

Downside: If you use faster RAM, your Hackintosh will be a bit slower with this adjustment. You can probably tighten timings to compensate at least something.
This is very helpful. The section External Disks Not Ejected During Sleep has been amended as follows:

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 7.12.05 AM.png

As I decide which SMBIOS ID to use, I’m now questioning why iMac19,1 with iGPU is preferred over iMacPro1,1 without iGPU. In my basic testing, video exporting/encoding runs slower with the internal GPU enabled. Using the dGPU in iMacPro1,1 settings yields faster export times since more of the work hits the dGPU. What are the things I’m missing here?
This is already covered in the sys-def diagram. Please see the blue box:
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 7.44.54 AM.png

@Lumberjack88 I had the same Preview problem and fixed it by adding this to my boot args:

shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Found it here: https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg

Here is my boot arguments list (before I edited it, shikigva was set to 40 and the shiki-id was not present in my list):

Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 17.47.25.png

Preview still doesn't work correctly... Weirdly enough, preview was able to open the png screenshot I just made, but it still can't open any JPGs I've saved over the last couple of months... Maybe these boot arguments aren't compatible with my nVidia GTX 780 Ti GPU?

@CaseySJ - By setting the RAM to 2666 MHz it seems that we can also remove any darkwake-settings from config.plist. I deleted this entry and my Hackintosh is still waking up with just one keystroke and a lot quicker than before.

@CaseySJ - By setting the RAM to 2666 MHz it seems that we can also remove any darkwake-settings from config.plist. I deleted this entry and my Hackintosh is still waking up with just one keystroke and a lot quicker than before.
This is getting better and better! Let me independently verify this tonight before updating the build guide.

This is very helpful. The section External Disks Not Ejected During Sleep has been amended as follows:

View attachment 424361

This has fixed the ejecting problem for me. I am also evaluating sleep again. Maybe now it really works, instead of sometimes.

Reactions: CN7
Hi! Is there an easy way to get the other sound options to show up? All I have is sound via HDMI .. Thanks

Back