Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The only option is HDMI and I made framebuffer connector patch, making boot and getting the full acceleration. But on boot I am getting weird boot glitch; is that normal?

I tried -disablegfxfirmware boot arg but it didn't help. Do you have any suggestion?

View attachment 423855
Does this problem clear itself when the login window appears, or does it stay like this?

Are you using a 4K monitor, a TV, or a standard non 4K monitor?

okay so i completely reinstalled everything. But still the same result. I attached the Clover Fold (SMBIOS Board Serial Number ist deletet). There is something strange but maybe its normal. I got two EFIs to mount. I will attach the picture below. I dont know wich device this is. I even see it in the BIOS but when i choose it as a Boot device it just jumps back to the boot devices list. I am talking about the ST2000DM008-2FR102 Media Device. When i mount it in Clover Its empty.

In the other folder i deleted the UIAC again and see bluetooth option now again but without the option to turn it again.
There are 3 EFI partitions shown in that screenshot, and this is 100% normal. Whenever we format a disk with scheme GUID Partition Table (GPT), an EFI partition will be silently created because the GPT specification requires this.

But not every EFI partition will be used. In your screenshot we see an EFI partition on the “Mojave” disk and it has been mounted. That’s the one we’re interested in. When you boot the system, simply remove the USB install disk and let the system boot from the internal Mojave SSD.

But also feel free to compress and upload the CLOVER folder from that partition (you may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS but keep the original file safe).

It’s interesting, as I have multiple macs, and rarely encounter this issue. I thought for sure it had to do with SSDT and/or drivers.

As a side note, when I look at my USB, I see power availability at 900ma. Does this imply I’m not setup properly somewhere along the way for high current?

I went ahead and checked into it some more. There was an APPLE directory that had a couple of files in it. I deleted those and it appears to work again!
This utility was designed for real Macs...

ABF885E8-9E45-48DF-97E1-36D4409244AE.jpeg

Does this problem clear itself when the login window appears, or does it stay like this?

Are you using a 4K monitor, a TV, or a standard non 4K monitor?

Actually, this is a glitch when passing through to second-stage on boot. Normally we are seeing white flicker on AMD when passing through to second-stage on boot. With HD 630 we are seeing a glitch. I think this is normal, isn't it?

Standart HP HDMI monitor.

Also, I realize something, when open anything with Quicklook, it looks like this;
Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 18.55.01.png

Last edited:
@CaseySJ have you seen the forum post where the creator of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 tells we shouldn't use that? There's also people that got it working using other drivers on Z390 models like Designare, Aorus Pro, etc

Hi, I was wondering if you got iGPU working with the Radeon VII? I can’t boot when I activate it in BIOS :(

I was wondering: do we need the iGPU or can the Radeon VII handle everything like Preview and decode of H.264/H.265?

Not sure if the Radeon VII drivers are mature enough to handle it all?

Asking because I have ordered a Radeon VII for my build based on this thread.

Back