Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I had to modify a plist to get FV-T919 Bluetooth working (WiFi worked out of the box) with a Designare with the card in the bottom 1x slot. I can post debug files if it will help figure out why.
It would be helpful to post the IOReg dump (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...). On my system, I see the following:
  • Bluetooth:
    • idVendor = 0x5AC, same as the kext patch you applied
    • idProduct = 0x8290, but the kext patch you applied injects 0x8293.
  • WiFi:
    • VendorID = 0x14E4, same as yours
    • DeviceID = 0x43BA, but the kext patch you applied injects 0x43A0.
The IOReg output will show us the actual product/device IDs for WiFi and BT in your system. If those numbers are the ones in red, then the kext patch is not needed. But if those numbers are the ones in green, then of course the patch is needed.

WiFi:
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 7.06.22 AM.png

Bluetooth:
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 7.12.56 AM.png

To be safe, data drives should also be disconnected. We need to use the same serial numbers by just copying the existing config.plist into the CLOVER folder of the new SATA SSD. The sleep problems are not due to config.plist, but to something else (can be either hardware or software) that has been installed. Using the same serial numbers ensures that we don’t have to re-license any applications.

Some clues: ordered a drive to do a re-install as you suggested but while waiting I disconnected all the data drives except the m2 boot drive. Went to breakfast. Came back to find the machine in full sleep. One key and it was awake.
Tried hitting sleep and it went to password as if logging out. So the first sleep was auto-sleep with monitor. With no drives connected I un-checked ’ sleep drives when possible’ and hit sleep...it slept!

What should I make of that?

Some clues: ordered a drive to do a re-install as you suggested but while waiting I disconnected all the data drives except the m2 boot drive. Went to breakfast. Came back to find the machine in full sleep. One key and it was awake.
Tried hitting sleep and it went to password as if logging out. So the first sleep was auto-sleep with monitor. With no drives connected I un-checked ’ sleep drives when possible’ and hit sleep...it slept!

What should I make of that?
If this is repeatable (i.e. if sleep fails when data drives are connected, but works when they are not), then I would be very interested to know:
  • The make/model of each data drive.
  • The format of each drive (APFS, NTFS, Linux ext4, etc.).
  • Which port each drive is connected to.

If this is repeatable (i.e. if sleep fails when data drives are connected, but works when they are not), then I would be very interested to know:
  • The make/model of each data drive.
  • The format of each drive (APFS, NTFS, Linux ext4, etc.).
  • Which port each drive is connected to.

Have confirmed that it sleeps on command with all SATA discs removed and fully re-starts with one touch of spacebar.
Attatched is list if SATA drives.(inlcuding NVME bootdrive...my mistake)

thanks for your trouble.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.00.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.00.16 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
Hello everyone, a very strange thing happened to me ... After having a system that worked almost perfectly, I left my Hackintosh (version 10.14.4 to be updated to 10.14.6, that is already downloaded automatically) without power for a month about. Yesterday at power-up, not carried out by me, the update probably started because Clover didn't appear at all. Then it was forcibly turned off and now I don't understand why starting it it turns off and on all the time, first once just after pressing the power button, and then after 20 seconds, the card seems to have a problem because I don't have any video output from my monitor via DP (RX580). I can't even get into the bios, no video. I tried to connect both the thunderbolt and HDMI of the motherboard but nothing. I have no more videos. Please help me, I would not like to have lost everything.

Hello everyone, a very strange thing happened to me ... After having a system that worked almost perfectly, I left my Hackintosh (version 10.14.4 to be updated to 10.14.6, that is already downloaded automatically) without power for a month about. Yesterday at power-up, not carried out by me, the update probably started because Clover didn't appear at all. Then it was forcibly turned off and now I don't understand why starting it it turns off and on all the time, first once just after pressing the power button, and then after 20 seconds, the card seems to have a problem because I don't have any video output from my monitor via DP (RX580). I can't even get into the bios, no video. I tried to connect both the thunderbolt and HDMI of the motherboard but nothing. I have no more videos. Please help me, I would not like to have lost everything.

First try a CMOS reset.

Have confirmed that it sleeps on command with all SATA discs removed and fully re-starts with one touch of spacebar.
Attatched is list if SATA drives.(inlcuding NVME bootdrive...my mistake)

thanks for your trouble.
Because you’re using more than 3 SATA ports, the Samsung EVO 960 boot drive must be installed in the bottom M.2 slot (M2P). I think this is already the case, but nevertheless want to mention it.

It would be good to reconnect one SATA drive at a time and check sleep. I think the DVD might be the offending device, but one should go through this process of reconnecting one drive at a time.

First try a CMOS reset.
These symptoms indicate a corrupted CMOS, so yes, please perform a CMOS reset by shorting the two designated pins on the motherboard with a flathead screwdriver. Please follow instructions in the Designare owner’s manual. It’s an easy and safe procedure. One should be careful, but not afraid to do this.

If the system then boots up and Clover menu appears, choose the item that says:

Boot MacOS Install from Mojave.

In other words, look for a boot disk with the word “install”. This will allow the 10.14.6 update to take place.

Because you’re using more than 3 SATA ports, the Samsung EVO 960 boot drive must be installed in the bottom M.2 slot (M2P). I think this is already the case, but nevertheless want to mention it.

It would be good to reconnect one SATA drive at a time and check sleep. I think the DVD might be the offending device, but one should go through this process of reconnecting one drive at a time.

Yes the boot drive is in the M2P slot.
I’ll try re-connecting the DVD Drive first

Hey, my system is running perfectly smooth without one exeption. I just gut my Fenvi-T919 Wireless Adapter. WiFi gets recognized straight away. Only thing that's not showing is Bluetooth. I checked the Devices, and, under Bluetooth, it says no device found. Which is important, I installed it 1 month after installing. So maybe I did something that has been necessary during installation.

Also, only the USB3.0 Ports of my Fractal Design R6 Case are working properly. Maybe it has something to do with that? i installed the card and also connected the wire to the front USB header on the Motherboard. @CaseySJ Do you know any help?

EDIT

Okay, I think its because the USB2.0 Header is deactivated. Is there a way to check that? Also, can I add the LG LCD Monitor|LG|32UL950-W to the Components List? It's working 100%

Last edited:
Back