Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I did only have one during boot, I was returning to normal after trying SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml and it didn't still didn't work. That's my fault for not taking the screenshot before deleting (I do have the Define R6, and I have been using that SSDT).

I actually got bluetooth working using method 2 from here:

Odd, I thought this worked OOB, so I must have something wrong. This isn't the right model, but for the time being, I have functioning bluetooth.

I used Clover Configurator to add this to KernelAndKextPatches -> KextsToPatch

XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Enable BT on Fenvi FV-9801</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                PGludGVnZXI+MzM0MjM8L2ludGVnZXI+
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                PGludGVnZXI+MzM0Mjc8L2ludGVnZXI+
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Enable WiFi on Fenvi FV-9801</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                cGNpMTRlNCw0MzUz
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                cGNpMTRlNCw0M2Ew
                </data>
            </dict>
The Fenvi FV-T919 is truly plug and play. Those METHOD 2 modifications are adding the Device ID and Vendor ID of the Fenvi FV-9801 to “info.plist” of the Apple kexts. Are you sure you have the FV-T919?

The Fenvi FV-T919 is truly plug and play. Those METHOD 2 modifications are adding the Device ID and Vendor ID of the Fenvi FV-9801 to “info.plist” of the Apple kexts. Are you sure you have the FV-T919?

It's a Fenvi FV-T919 from Newegg. (blurry, hard to get a picture in the case, but you can tell it's FV-T919).

Attachments

• IMG_20190826_225715.jpg
    IMG_20190826_225715.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20190826_230054__01.jpg
    IMG_20190826_230054__01.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
It's a Fenvi FV-T919 from Newegg. (blurry, hard to get a picture in the case, but you can tell it's FV-T919)
I got mine from Newegg...shipped from Shenzen. Works fine.

Are you using firmware version F7? There are several Thunderbolt settings in your screenshot that I haven't seen with my F6 version. It is possible to configure the system incorrectly, but most often this is related to over-zealous over-clockers. However, there's no need to change those values. We should only modify firmware settings when there's a valid reason.
Settings and screenshot here from this forum.
in-progress-ssdt-for-thunderbolt-3-hotplug.248784

I got mine from Newegg...shipped from Shenzen. Works fine.

The Fenvi FV-T919 works great OOB, but use 5g Wifi in order to get better and more stable BT signal , just noticed that the other day

I was able to do this in testing by setting -wegoff so that I didn't have to install the driver and applying that patch.

The purple lines came back, not applying the patch causes black screen, and applying the patch works.

I didn't see any difference in Geekbench 4 that isn't within normal variance.
For me I didn't see the benchmark increase until I disabled iGPU in the UEFI, and moved to the iMacPro1,1, then I see about a 11% - 15% increase.

Question about NVMe drives, this build uses : ADATA SX8200 240GB NVMe PCIe - if I buy the 512GB version would it be compatible with this build? And what about other manufacturers like the Crucial MP510 series? I see Samsung on the buyers guide, but not ADATA. Will I run in too problems buying the ADATA as in this thread/build? I have the same motherboard, 8700K and Radeon RX 580.

Wake on LAN impairs WiFi speed after wake, so we intentionally disable it. For this reason I have not attempted to make it work. In fact, wake on LAN may have other undesirable side effects as well.
Thanks for the info. I'll try to hack it then by using an Arduino in HID mode connected to the USB to emulate a key press to wake the computer.

@CaseySJ
would the attached give any clues to my lack of sleep?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.35.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.35.15 AM.png
    577 KB · Views: 77
Question about NVMe drives, this build uses : ADATA SX8200 240GB NVMe PCIe - if I buy the 512gb version would it be compatible with this build? And what about other manufacturers like the Crucial MP510 series? I see Samsung on the buyers guide, but not ADATA. Will I run in too problems buying the ADATA as in this thread/build? I have the same motherboard, 8700k and Radeon 580 X.
All of the NVMe drives you mentioned are compatible. We’ve only had problems with Samsung EVO Plus with old firmware.

Back