Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Checked on win 10 the RX580; it has the tc341mh.612 bios version; it is reported the correct latest version by MSI. I cannot find any switch for double BIOS mentioned by jb007

Sorry, I didn't know yours was not a Sapphire RX 580. See below.

Which RX-580 and where on the card?

For others coming across this thread and have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580, they have a dual UEFI VBIOS. The Sapphire Pulse cards do not, they have a single UEFI VBIOS.

A lot of these cards are turning up second hand that have been used by crypto miners as @CaseySJ mentioned. Sometimes they might have both VBIOSs loaded with firmware optimised for different versions of crypto mining, and if not restored to default factory VBIOS settings they will possibly not display as crypto miners are just using them for their compute units.

Hopefully when they sell them on they restore the factory firmware.

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.01.02 pm.png

IMG_0774.JPG

What interface did you settle with?
I looked up all the "confirmed working" TB audio units mentioned in the opening post and settled with the Presonus Quantum 2. Had the ins and outs I needed; and per-input fantom power, input level, and metering options. Also supports word clock, a 2nd thunderbolt connection, and configurable presets. First TB device I've tried but really satisfied.

Anyone know how to get the Mac to sleep with a Corsair H115i AIO running in the machine. Seems like when it goes to sleep it just wakes itself right back up again. When usb is unplugged it goes right to sleep. Also is there any software out there to monitor this cooler?

Anyone know how to get the Mac to sleep with a Corsair H115i AIO running in the machine. Seems like when it goes to sleep it just wakes itself right back up again. When usb is unplugged it goes right to sleep. Also is there any software out there to monitor this cooler?

I have a bunch of Corsair products including a H110i. You have to mark the device as an internal device when you do your USB SSDT.

There is some software called OpenCorsairLink on Git Hub. It works on Linux and macOS.

But ATM because macOS grabs the USB HID interface all for itself, the OpenCorsairLink software returns no values.

I'm actually right at the start (I started about a year ago, but life got in the way!) of creating a code-less kext that tells macOS to not grab the specific devices I have, ie RM580i, H110i, Lightning Node Pro. Problem is I'm new to programming in macOS (but not in programming), so I'm researching how to create a code-less kext.

If anyone can teach me how to do a code-less kext please chime in!

Edit: @shdwkeeper, I nearly forgot, I have a H115i coming in the next day or so that will be going in this build (Zeus) and the H110i will be moved to another PC, so I will have both to test soon.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of Corsair products including a H110i. You have to mark the device as an internal device when you do your USB SSDT.

There is some software called OpenCorsairLink on Git Hub. It works on Linux and macOS.

But ATM because macOS grabs the USB HID interface all for itself, the OpenCorsairLink software returns no values.

I'm actually right at the start (I started about a year ago, but life got in the way!) of creating a code-less kext that tells macOS to not grab the specific devices I have, ie RM580i, H110i, Lightning Node Pro. Problem is I'm new to programming in macOS (but not in programming), so I'm researching how to create a code-less kext.

If anyone can teach me how to do a code-less kext please chime in!

Edit: @shdwkeeper, I nearly forgot, I have a H115i coming in the next day or so that will be going in this build (Zeus) and the H110i will be moved to another PC, so I will have both to test soon.

Right now its plugged into the HS11 hub, I don't want to unplug it because I use it in windows. Do I just disable it for now so computer can sleep? If so, how do i create the SSDT to do this, for just this device not the entire HS11 hub, cause other devices are plugged in to it. In IORegistryExplorer I have a locationID: 0x14840000. Can I just disable this somehow?

Which RX-580 and where on the card?

I have a MSI Gaming X 8 GB; under windows it shows the latest bios installed. There is no switch found next to the power connector.

Greetings from Spain. Thanks a lot for your efforts. :)

I am trying to install High Sierra on this mobo (I'm stuck with a nVidia 9800Ti), but no success. If I boot from Clover on pendrive, it seems to work, but nVidia WebDrivers not load (High Sierra stays in MacOS standar driver, not saving the "use nVidia driver" option).

I I boot from MB SSD, I obtain a forbidden sign at boot. Followed estrictely your guide (in the possible).

Any clue?

Thanks

Hi guys !

My install process stop at Phase 2.
No evolution of progress bar after 30 mins waiting.

My conf :

- Gigabyte Designare Z390
- MSI Radeon RX 580
- 16G (2x8) Ballistix sport LT DDR4 3000
- I7-9700 3.6
- Samsung SSD OCZ Vertex 2
- Old usb 2.0 key

I bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 but the install process stop with a kernel panic before Phase 2 and now i try to use my old Samsung sata ssd.

Any ideas to help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 20190701_144121.jpg
    20190701_144121.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 71
If you're running 10.14.5, then Method 2 is preferred. I added a red note to that section yesterday:

View attachment 414057

Hi CaseySJ,

Thanks for your advice. I use the method 2 with headless mode (in the Extra Mile section). I can have final cut pro running finally. Deeply thanks. However, I find my IGPU was missed in System report section (only my Sapphire RX580 graphic card was shown in the report). Is there anything I set wrongly OR the headless mode will disable the iGPU? I don't use the iGPU for display, I just want to keep the H/W encoding acceleration function of the iGPU in final cut pro.
One more question, do I need to enable the ResetHDA in the audio section of the "Devices" in the config.plist?

What I did in Method 2:
1. Use the Hackintool to patch the config.plist (disable everything in the advance tab and correct the platform ID)
2. Disable the inject Intel

Hi CaseySJ,

Thanks for your advice. I use the method 2 with headless mode (in the Extra Mile section). I can have final cut pro running finally. Deeply thanks. However, I find my IGPU was missed in System report section (only my Sapphire RX580 graphic card was shown in the report). Is there anything I set wrongly OR the headless mode will disable the iGPU? I don't use the iGPU for display, I just want to keep the H/W encoding acceleration function of the iGPU in final cut pro.
One more question, do I need to enable the ResetHDA in the audio section of the "Devices" in the config.plist?

What I did in Method 2:
1. Use the Hackintool to patch the config.plist (disable everything in the advance tab and correct the platform ID)
2. Disable the inject Intel

View attachment 414202

View attachment 414203

View attachment 414204

View attachment 414205
Glad to hear it. That's actually the right behavior! The iGPU will not appear in System Information --> Graphics/Displays, but we can verify it by running IORegistryExplorer and scrolling the left side panel until we get to IGPU@2. If you see "AppleIntelFramebuffer" as a child node, then iGPU is working correctly.

Regarding ResetHDA checkbox, it is recommended to turn it on, but it's not a strict requirement.

Last edited:
Back