Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I forgot that you have the ASRock Z390 Extreme4 and not the Designare! So yes, your motherboard has DP!

Just to confirm: the DP port on your MSI RX580 does not produce a picture on your monitor? Is it the MSI Gaming X or the MSI Armour series?

In your ASRock BIOS there should be a setting for CSM Support. Have you tried both Enabled and Disabled?

Hello; I confirm that the DP port of the MSI Gaming X RX580 card does not produce a picture on my monitor; I will try it again with CSM Support enabled; I have that enabled also for recognition of a DVD burner.

Hello; I confirm that the DP port of the MSI Gaming X RX580 card does not produce a picture on my monitor; I will try it again with CSM Support enabled; I have that enabled also for recognition of a DVD burner.
Okay, please try this instead of CSM Support, then see if DP on RX580 is okay...
Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 2.58.05 PM.png

One more thing to try (reluctantly, but since we're running out of options we might as well):
View attachment 413702

What is the make/model of the RX 580?

Tried those options and the result didn't change. No acceleration. Maybe I should start over and see what happens. Unless you have any other suggestions. I replaced my GTX 680 with this AMD RX 580 card, could that have caused these issues?

Tried those options and the result didn't change. No acceleration. Maybe I should start over and see what happens. Unless you have any other suggestions. I replaced my GTX 680 with this AMD RX 580 card, could that have caused these issues?
Couple more suggestions:
  • In Boot Arguments, add "nv_disable=1" and "shikigva=60". (not "vga" but shikigva)
  • In Graphics section, also check on Load VBIOS.
Are you connecting your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort to the RX 580?

Couple more suggestions:
  • In Boot Arguments, add "nv_disable=1" and "shikigva=60". (not "vga" but shikigva)
  • In Graphics section, also check on Load VBIOS.
Are you connecting your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort to the RX 580?

Ok, I'll try this. I'm connecting monitor through DVI-D port. I just booted off my backup drive and got this. Let me try these settings and Ill update you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 3.15.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 3.15.16 PM.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 3.24.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 3.24.20 PM.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 3.24.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 3.24.26 PM.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 65
Ok, I'll try this. I'm connecting monitor through DVI-D port. I just booted off my backup drive and got this. Let me try these settings and Ill update you.
That's the iGPU working correctly.

Does the DP port on the RX580 work?

@CaseySJ - First up just want to thank you for a great guide. I've been at this a while but there was some great stuff in here that helped me get TB3 hot swap and pretty much all the USB working for this board :) Awesome.

One question / issue I have - When I plug anything into the front USBC 3.1 port on the front of my case a lot of the rear USB connections disconnect. I'm using a 3.1 / C device (I know the USB2.0 is disabled for this port). Is this something you've come across? Or do I need to edit my DSDT?

I've searched this thread and trawled it before posting this - Any help would be great :)

That's the iGPU working correctly.

Does the DP port on the RX580 work?

Haven't tried the DP port. That shouldn't matter with acceleration though, should it? Those settings didn't do anything except cause the graphics and the screen to wig out.

Okay, please try this instead of CSM Support, then see if DP on RX580 is okay...
View attachment 413703
Hi Casey; I tried your suggestion with CSM support off, but I get no output on the DP of the RX580; which is not really a problem because I will not use that one.
So the only thing bugging me is that the UHD630 DP port goes in to 'matte' mode the moment I see the Apple logo appear after the initial verbose text ups by; then after the apple logo, the desktop also appears in this matte mode; Oh well; the RX580 works like a charm on the DVI output, so I guess that is fine. :)

Back