Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Edit: I unplugged the HDD and the system seems to work fine. No more error messages during shutdown or restart.

Could this mean that the HDD may be going bad (it's an old one TBH)? Or, do I need to install an NTFS app like Paragon NTFS?
I have an NTFS disk in my system as well (full Windows 10 installation). I don't use the NTFS.efi driver (in the CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder) and have no problem with startup and shutdown. And while I have a license for Paragon NTFS, I don't have it installed at the moment.

So first thing would be to check your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder for NTFS.efi and try deleting it. Because your NTFS HDD is on a SATA port, it would be good to check that you have this ACPI patch installed on the Gigabyte AORUS Z390:

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 2.27.54 PM.png

Sound advice, even when moving to a new computer. Although using Migration Assistant and a CCC clone might help a bit with porting protected software. Not sure.
Just adapting the EFI folder and transplanting my current NVME boot SSD in a new Hack seems so convenient...

but this paragraph from the CCC help doesn't sound very encouraging:
Also note that some applications consider the presence or absence of peripherals as well as other hardware characteristics during the installation process. If these conditions are different when running the application on a new hard drive or Macintosh, you may encounter problems. We have seen these types of problems with some high-end audio software packages in the past, particularly with the installation or configuration of various plugins.

The UAD Apollo Twin MkII is a Thunderbolt 2 device and will work on Designare Z390 with either the Apple TB3-to-TB2 adapter or the Startech Adapter.

Can confirm the Apollo Twin MKII Quad is fully working using the Apple's TB3 to TB2 adapter + Thunderbolt Cable, thanks to everyone involved in this solution!

There's another problem that has been bugging me tho. I've faced a black screen (nothing will respond, not even the audio interface) during normal use, one time was when the screen turned off due inactivity, one time when i was using youtube, and one time when i was working on Ableton Live, the computer will show a white screen and then turned into black, any idea why is this happening?

If your BIOS is configured for UEFI boot (instead of Legacy boot), then GPT is necessary and MBR will not work. Microsoft recommends UEFI mode for Windows 10. Use of MBR on this system may be more trouble than it's worth. As mentioned in a previous post, it may be best to install Windows in the M2M slot so that it only modifies the EFI partition on that drive.

Thanks @CaseySJ , I have converted my W10 SSD from MBR to GPT about a month back or so. Before that I upgraded that SSD from W7 to 10 on the older box and then moved to already running HAC on Disignare, settled it (W10) on MBR for about 2 months and after seeing no issues (with the only application that I'm using under Windows) converted it to GPT. It was stable on MBR and ran without issues as a secondary OS to my High Sierra. The idea to get back to MBR came after reading about one of the W updates went wild and made some BIOS changes. I'm not sure if MBR would help here but it does seem to me that MBR is kind of more contained environment. I may be wrong though.

Hi, I purchased the exact same hardware as you have. But, when I tried to install from fresh, it kept rebooting at 15mins installation windows. What should I do? Please help.

Yes that's normal -- Hackintool's Info and Patch panels are designed for iGPU.

I strongly recommend using Devices --> Properties instead of the Graphics page. In the Graphics page, turn everything off. That means (a) clear out the Framebuffer field and (b) clear out the ig-platform-id field. In Devices --> Properties, enter:
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id --> 0300983E (note that we specify values in reverse byte order)
  • device-id --> delete this item
  • framebuffer-patch-enable --> 01000000
So you only need 2 items.

• Yes, WEG = WhatEverGreen.
  • The last screenshot you posted shows exactly what needs to be added to devices --> properties. But just delete "device-id" field.

• The best guide for creating custom USB SSDT is this one by @UtterDisbelief.
  • If you have the USB port limit patch applied, then you will be constantly looking for new patches each time macOS is updated. And you will have too many USB ports defined in the system, many of which don't physically exist. You might also experience problems with sleep and wake. And your USB ports might not provide enough power to charge devices like iPads.
  • If you would like to me check your current USB configuration, simply download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... Then post that file.

This is answered above in the WEG section of my reply.

Thank you.
I'll give the USB SSDT guide a try and see how I go.
I'd also need to review the other SSDTs I downloaded from your guide and see if I need to modify them as 1) I have RX 570 and in slot 2 and 2) I have PCIEx Thunderbolt card and not built in one.

@CaseySJ I need some help. I purchased the same motherboard as yours and followed the instruction to create the USB and BIOS setting. But it kept rebooting at the 15-30 mins installation window. I tried it on both SSD and HDD, same issue. Here are few screenshots and the EFI.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 71
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 62
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 65
  • EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 74
Fantastic Guide. Up and running, still waiting on Wifi/Bluetooth from Amazon. (Really Amazon? Did it fall of the truck or something?) There was one point early on in the install where I couldn't boot from the USB. Cycling power got it through that. Install was flawless, 1 reboot, everything automatically completed. Still booting verbose for a week. I had 1 panic on a cold boot.

Video Codec stuff didn't work, but I'll sort it out later.

Sound advice, even when moving to a new computer. Although using Migration Assistant and a CCC clone might help a bit with porting protected software. Not sure.
Just adapting the EFI folder and transplanting my current NVME boot SSD in a new Hack seems so convenient...

but this paragraph from the CCC help doesn't sound very encouraging:
Also note that some applications consider the presence or absence of peripherals as well as other hardware characteristics during the installation process. If these conditions are different when running the application on a new hard drive or Macintosh, you may encounter problems. We have seen these types of problems with some high-end audio software packages in the past, particularly with the installation or configuration of various plugins.
This is not as ominous as it sounds. It primarily affects professional audio interfaces and their plug-ins.

Back